1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Faction Race Rivals?

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Diagas, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Diagas

Diagas Cupcake

If you were to match-up the factions to take on one race as their rival, who would you pair?

Humans vs. Cassian
    Aurin vs. Chua
    Granok vs. Draken
    Mordesh vs. Mechari

Maybe people who have a better understanding of the lore would give different match ups :p Obviously, there will be gray area in-game, but generally speaking who's rivaled with who?
  2. Benzecry

Benzecry Cupcake-About-Town

I'd imagine Mechari wouldn't have a direct opposition, as they have always just manipulated situations. Maybe the humans (exiles) versus them? As they might view them as the cause of this whole ordeal, which they are, but I don't know how much they know that. Plus humans aren't always very logical.
  3. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

You asked for me? And i''ll respond!

First anyone would put the humans versus the Cassians for they are the same race, have so much history etc. etc.

Granok vs Draken (NOT DRAKARI!!!!!)
    Is most likely since their fighting spirit etc.

But now comes the gray area's
    Either it is:
    Aurin vs. Chua
    Mordesh vs. Mechari

Or:
    Aurin vs Mechari
    Mordesh vs Chua

The first is because they are both the ''furry'' kind of race of each faction aswell as the smallest ones. Further more are the complete difference of nature vs Tech.
    Then comes the DRED vs the XAS (seeing as the XAS is high on Aurins and the DRED is high on Chua).

And Mordesh vs Mechari because of the Black Hoods vs ICI.

But why do I say that it can also be Chua vs Mordesh?

Well....observe!

They were both the new races
    They got introduced together
    It is Engineering VS Alchemie, a showdown to see what is the best!
    They both keep striving for better things in their school (Tech/Alchemie)

The showdown in the comics:
    http://www.wildstar-online.com/uk/media/comics/mystery-mayhem-001.php

As for the Mechari/Aurin, it's nature vs machinery.

But the best match-up would still be:
    Humans vs. Cassian
    Aurin vs. Chua
    Granok vs. Draken
    Mordesh vs. Chua

The Mechari are just the ''strange'' ones TBH.
    Only for the ICI vs BH comparison they aint really that strong versus a race.
    So i'm kinda agreeing to this....(although I don't think he knew of the ICI vs Black Hoods comparison) + we aint agreeing a lot anyway :p

Ps: lorewise one could argue for the Granok vs Mechari aswell, seeing how their meeting ended up in a war.
  4. Satarn

Satarn Cupcake-About-Town

Neh, I see it more like everyone has certain "ties" with everyone. And I really like it that way.

You could match Aurin with the Draken for being the hunter races(yeah, laugh about flowers and stuff all you want, but just look at their teeth once and you see they evolved as predators) and the fact they both have more spiritual beliefs(Wave/Blood Rites). Also in both cases the rulers(matrias/clanlords) live in polygamy.

I guess Granok and Mechari could also have something against each other after the Gnox incident and both are the inorganic races(though I'm still confused with Granok, thought they just have some sort of exoskeleton that looks like rock, but there's that smashed face for males so I suppose they really are stones?).

You could also go for Chua vs Granok, as in brains vs brawn and so on.
    Sonntam likes this.
  5. Benzecry

Benzecry Cupcake-About-Town

It is ok, we don't have to agree on everything, just on love for: Dominion, ego stroking, and liberal usage of smilies. :inlove:. Besides you have much more information and expertise (stroke stroke) in lore so in these instances I will concede to you. ;)
  6. filanwizard

filanwizard Cupcake-About-Town

I think the op has it pretty good.

Mordesh vs Mechari. For example makes sense due to the whole fact both are the black ops ends of each faction. Dirty deeds done dirt cheap.
  7. Mahanaxar

Mahanaxar Cupcake

Mordesh vs Chua. They're both outsiders and into scientific progress, albeit in very different ways.
  8. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Mordesh vs Mechari
    Black hoods vs ICI

They're both outsiders and into ''intelligence gathering'', albeit in different ways.

What you say to that!!! :p:coffee:
  9. Mahanaxar

Mahanaxar Cupcake

I say Pishaw to that, I do!
  10. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

[​IMG]
  11. filanwizard

strangely enough even though the Mordesh are pictured as the black ops of the Exiles. Biologically speaking the Aurin would be the best suited as stalkers, Being they evolved as alpha predators. My guess is their evolution is that of feline like ambush predators. I figure an Aurin would wait some place high or hidden and pounce.... And now we gave them shields, cloaking and plasma claws. XD
  12. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Good luck sneaking up on an enemy when you have to watch out if you don't step on any flowers...:cautious:

Also it's not only ''black-ops'' mission as in assasinate etc. but mostly the gathering of intelligence, and some scientific knowledge could provide huge benefits for such missions. Also the hacking into computers....last time I checked the Aurin still thought they ran firefly power, and made of sticks and stones....:eek:
  13. filanwizard

Aurin no longer worry about stepping on flowers, We make them grow back stronger with the blood of our enemies.
    Satarn likes this.
  14. t209

t209 Cupcake

So how would Dominion counterpart to the Trio be (by Pre-reveal timeline)?
    - A Cassian Engineer Settler (an old Scottish man who love clearing things for his new toys and calling his bots as pets)
    - A Draken Stalker Explorer (A predator with penchant for "trophies")
    - A Mechari Medic Scientist (Specializing in Combat, Medicine, and Interrogation)
    Or if we go by the Prison Adventure Holograms (which showed the racial counterpart)
    - A Chua Medic Scientist instead of Mechari (Enjoy "Experiment").
  15. Felion

Felion Cupcake-About-Town

I keep pairing Mechari up with Granok because.... Rock and Metal belong in the same genre. :D

Then Aurin and Draken because they both have tails. Yeah. That's right.

Cassian and Mordesh because they both drink wine. The Mordesh don't anymore because they'd leak. But once upon a time.

Exiles and Chua because they both have fleas.

:D
  16. Bloodclott

Bloodclott Cupcake

Chua and Aurin: Both developed a huge amount in technology. Nature vs. Destruction

Draken vs. Aurin.: Culturally these 2 would be definite rivals, hunter competitions would probably be common.

Mechari vs Mordesh: Both do the dirty work, albeit for different reasons.

Granok vs Draken: This rivalry even leaks directly into the game, Granok and Draken are the main frontline soldiers.