1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Fans of warrior archetypes welcome!

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Samsquanch, May 28, 2013.

1. Samsquanch

Samsquanch Cupcake

Beards and mayhem! Who's tanking and who's dpsing? What are your hopes for this class? And why the warrior?

I figure the best approach learning to tank within a new game is going tank first, even if won't be your primary role. But if you ever decide to change, you'll have a much easier time, so that's what I'll do. I just truly hope they make the warrior feel versatile enough that you're not stuck running same tank setup or dps setup as everyone else. But with the limited skill set, yet having a huge pool of spells/abilities to choose from, this might guarantee us freedom to some degree. As for why I choose warrior archetypes, just love the old school vibe to them, they'll always be here. Too classic. I also like the play style of fighting in the front lines since I tend to do it anyways if I try ranged lol.
  2. CWFWS1

CWFWS1 Cupcake

Big warrior fan here, as well! There's generally something satisfying about wielding a huge weapon and mashing faces in, as well as the mobility that's generally tied to a warrior style class.

I'll be dps'ing. Tanking has, sadly, never held my attention. I've often wished that it would. My biggest hope for the class, but could be said for the game in general, is that I want it to feel fast-paced and exciting in combat.

I hope that they balance the classes well, too. That's my biggest complaint about playing a warrior type....the balance always seems so off that people complain and warriors get nerfed time and time again. (in a lot of games)

I like the old school vibe of it much like you. In my eyes, combat started with hand-to-hand and not far behind it was a basic melee weapon. That's probably why monk and warrior classes have always appealed to me. Being right in the thick of things, the fray....it's fun.

I go through phases, though. I bet a lot of people could say the same. After playing a particular role for a long time, sometimes I like to mix it up and switch to healing for a while or a ranged class.

Like you, I hope for enough options to make different builds within the class all competitive even though there's generally a clear winner.
  3. Blade

Blade Cupcake

I like playing Warriors.

What spec I use will depend on what works for solo play.
    I would love to be able to actually kill things quickly for a change. Most of the time I get stuck tanking and taking forever to kill stuff.
  4. Outburstz

Outburstz Cupcake-About-Town

I would not have a problem rolling a tank as long as it could be effective in PvP.

However that has not been the case in many games thus why I role DPS a lot. I want to wait for PvP gameplay footage of a tank. Thus why I will wait before choosing what spec I will be, but as it stands right now I might role a full Brutality Crit/hp warrior dealing big damage real fast.

Other classes never really got my interests melee has always been my thing and I always though rogues were cheap ;)
  5. Shalanigh

Shalanigh Cupcake

It's funny, a warrior never starts as my main, it's usually always my first alt. Then it becomes my main because tanks can be so hard to find lol (it's nice to feel wanted :p). And if I ever get to dps I look like a total bad ass with my giant two-handed weapon!...though I'm not sure if W* has a sword and board look to tanks. I generally stick with the big races as tanks but at the same time I get a kick out of seeing the tiny races as tanks as well.
  6. Mondasin

Mondasin Cupcake-About-Town

My main in the last few years has always been a healer, but I do love rolling warriors. I still remember my Gnome Warrior back in WoW and farming mobs way above my level with overpower.
  7. Samsquanch

Samsquanch Cupcake

I don't have the link but the devs stated that tanking will be very viable in PvP.
  8. SilentJ

SilentJ Cupcake

Out of the 2 currently announced tanks, I'm definitely going with a warrior. But if they announce another tank and it sounds appealing, and can also be a Granok, I may consider it.
  9. Samsquanch

Samsquanch Cupcake

I'm guessing engineer type class, too fitting to not be in this game. Although I will still play warrior.
  10. SilentJ

SilentJ Cupcake

Yeah, I'll have to see how it plays. I'm not fond of stealthers at all, so Stalker is definitely out. If an Engineer tank looks unique and fun I might go that route, but if they just play like a warrior with a shotgun or something, I'll go the true brute route and smash stuff with a sword lol
  11. Vladislove

Vladislove New Cupcake

Definitely choosing warrior DPS as my main. Love the usual killing <REDACTED> and using rage power among with the soldier path.
    One of the thing i actually don't like about warrior in Wildstar is that they use the Tech Sword as their weapon. Doesn't really fit my way of looking at warriors, but we'll see how it looks when i get to play a little bit.
  12. Chomag

Chomag Cupcake-About-Town

I'll be playing a warrior. I always play heavily armored guys with big guns/swords.

I like tanking but not at serious level aka raids. Not because I suck but because I tend to roll a lot of alts and also tend to not be able to attend each and every raid. As dps, I can be easily replaced but as tank, not really and I'd rather not disappoint 19 people if I can't be replaced.

I was in a semi hardcore pve guild in wow, and was playing dk because my favorite class, the warrior, always sucks at 1v1 and wpvp which I enjoy a lot, so no point playing a warrior in wow.

I'll probably pick either scientist or settler.
  13. Karuck

Karuck New Cupcake

Warrior tank here, just love that role :) Played prot warrior in WoW, Guardian in LOTRO and various tanking classes in other games.
  14. Beetle

Beetle Special Cupcake

Everyone loves a good tank in their group and the Warrior will most likely be the go-to guy. BTW I :inlove: your avatar pic, Bubbs.
  15. Paul_Cousins

Paul_Cousins Cupcake

Yea, those tiny little death machines, with their two handed weapons were fun to play.

In group pvp battles, you never saw a gnome whirlwind coming until it was to late.

If Wildstar ever does come out with a "tiny" playable race, I hope I can play a two handed warrior with that race.
  16. CapitalG

CapitalG New Cupcake

I love playing sword and board, so a warrior tank is perfect for me. I got into playing a prot warrior in pvp in WoW, so I hope the tank spec is still a good pvp build. Looking forward to it!
  17. Chomag

Chomag Cupcake-About-Town

I always start an MMO with a warrior archetype which obviously turns out to be a very bad choice for 1v1 and wpvp, like in all MMOs, so I end up with a rogue or something.
  18. Bravadorado

Bravadorado Cupcake-About-Town

Beards and mayhem? No thanks.

I play Paladins, but when a game doesn't have one, I go for the next best thing, Warrior. I view Paladins simply as Warriors with a different attitude and perhaps some magic, so both classes fit well. However, I refuse to be the bloodthirsty, beard-growing, scar-faced, juggernaut of death and pain. My Warrior will be following the Paladin attitude and I'll make him look the part too.