1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Favorite character so far?

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by S4t4NPt, May 12, 2014.

1. S4t4NPt

S4t4NPt New Cupcake

Greetings

I've been playing mmo's for 12 years or so by now, never was a hardcore player, but tried pretty much everything on the market, and played through all the roles and classes, most of the times to endgame content, both pve and pvp, and if I learned anything is that no matter what role you play, the most important thing is that you choose a race/class combo that somehow feels right, and have fun playing it - from abilities, to looks and animations, anything that makes you return to the game and still have that hype like it's the first time, for as long as possible.

With that in mind, is a lot easier to be good at that class/role, if you really like your character and the way it plays. And when you're good, you're good, no matter what role you play, no matter if the class is currently underpowered, or if it is an overplayed class, when you're good, you will be needed and you will get a spot in the party/raid or arena team.

So after trying all the classes with some diferent races and paths, and since we have some very diferent ones in wildstar, I was expecting to like spellslinger or medic most, but would you know that the character I'm having most fun with is a Draken warrior (explorer just because I didn't have any character in that path) and it really kicks ass! Little downtime, great abilities, great animations, fluid combat, even at low levels can kill a lot of mobs at a time and very quickly also, a lot of different ways to get kinetic energy and to spend it, and it just feels right!

What about you, what's your favorite character by now, and why?
  2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Chua Engineer (scientist) (pref tank)
    Chua Esper (setler) (pref heal)
    Chua Spellslinger (explorer) (pref dps)
    Chua Medic (soldier) (pref heal)
    Cassian Warrior (pref dps)

In this order ;)

What'chua want? I just like Chua!
    Kataryna and S4t4NPt like this.
  3. Laban

Laban Cupcake-About-Town

I like Stalkers the most, but Warriors are very fun too.
    Really enjoying playing a tanky Stalker in PvP, it's great in Walatiki Temple for sneaking in and grabbing a mask and being able to withstand a surprising amount of beating (Nano Field heals for quite a lot actually).
    Warriors are really fun to just jump straight the <REDACTED> in to a messy situation and just swing away, very short cooldowns and you almost always have the KE to use them.

Having a real hard time deciding between the two though, will play Warrior to at least 20+ while the open beta is up to be able to do a fair comparison between it and my Stalker, but it will probably boil down to what my friends pick come realse. Also, I'm super bummed that neither of the classes are available to Chuas. :(
    S4t4NPt likes this.
  4. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

Chua Explorer Spellslinger :-D i cannot bring myself to play another class/race for long.
    S4t4NPt and Extatica like this.
  5. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Why? We can be almost everything...tried the Chua warrior yet?
    [​IMG]
    Domi Dayglow, PalsyPlague and S4t4NPt like this.
  6. Sushari

Sushari New Cupcake

must have Chua Stalker, talk about taking someone down by the knees
  7. PalsyPlague

PalsyPlague Cupcake

Man, if Chua warrior was a thing I would be all over that!
  8. SDR

SDR Cupcake

Oh god, that Chua warrior looks epic :p

I'd prefer to play medic aurin, they feel like natural healers to me. Since thats not an option i'm going with human instead.
    Chua's are pretty awesome but dominion is not for me.
  9. Dollgirl

Dollgirl New Cupcake

It's funny how you expected to like something else, but ended up liking warrior best. I had almost the exact same experience. In every mmo I tend to play healers or ranged dps. I have played a Druid tank in WoW in the past, but not for a few years. I've never really favored Melee classes. I really expected to be played esper or medic, but I ended up liking the warrior the best. I like how fast and mobile it is. I also like the amount of control and defense it comes with. It's also pretty technical, because staying on targets is pretty difficult in this game I feel like (pvp targets).

So yupp, I'm playing a cassian warrior for a main at launch. Cassian because I like the human type of look, and I didn't really like draken or mechari female.
  10. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

Aurin Esper Scientist!

Though honestly I was surprised how much fun explorer path was to me, but I like having my scanbot. I named my scanbot Bloopy! Because, well, uhm. Scanbot makes that sound sometimes when held underwater. Or, uhm. Something.

Bloopy!
  11. gabers1

gabers1 Cupcake-About-Town

It is a toss up between a human and an aurin for me. Although I loved my little aurin, I am leaning toward human right now as I am not sure I could handle a tail full time.

I thought I had my class decided (esper) until I tried a spellslinger so at least my class is decided.
  12. Shyhalu

Shyhalu New Cupcake

Decisions are so hard /deep breath.

I am torn between an Esper and Medic healer - leaning slighhhhtlly towards medic. I couldn't bring myself to level very far in beta knowing the characters would just get erased, so I am deciding based on hearsay (oh dear). My friends are all planning to play Dominion, so even though aurin are adorable in that bouncy-bunny sorta way I'll probably play a Cassian.