1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Favorite RPG series?

Discussion in 'Gaming Arena' started by Pascal, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Bisqquit

Bisqquit "That" Cupcake

Baldurs Gate / KOTOR

Back when the name Bioware meant something.
  2. Ippo

Ippo New Cupcake

I gotta agree with Star Ocean, it just wasn't as good after 2 aside from that twist ending in the third one haha. But I love Arc the Lad, and Working Designs had awesome collector editions so I have the box collection of the series along with box collection of both Lunar games.
  3. Dirty Outlaw

Dirty Outlaw Cupcake-About-Town

Lunar forgot about that series and lets not forget about Suikoden.

Star Ocean 3 plot twist sort of ruined the franchise its not like it ruined just 3 but also 1 and 2.

I also bought the collector's box for arc the lad and its is a awesome game but yeah after finishing 2 and went on to 3 its a bit lackluster. I don't know if they can top it.
  4. Hexamus

Hexamus New Cupcake

Persona! Every single one!
  5. Laban

Laban Cupcake-About-Town

I love turn based strategy RPG's, and out of the bunch I think Final Fantasy: Tactics is the best, I really wish they'll release a new one soon rather then remakes or <REDACTED>ty iOS ports.
  6. zekkdarklighter

zekkdarklighter Cupcake

It has been forever since I have played a true rpg...

My favorite of all time is Final fantasy 6. Or 3, depending on what system you were introduced to it. it was 3 for me, and it is one of the few older games I played even during all these 3d open world games. I just love that game...
  7. Benzecry

Benzecry Cupcake-About-Town

The Disgaea series! I adore them, Disgaea: 4 being my favorite. NipponIchi lives up to its name to me :inlove:.

Aside from that my favorite final fantasy was IX and tactics advanced, and my guilty pleasure of the digimon world series up to the third game.
  8. Makull

Makull New Cupcake

For me it's the Baldur's Gate series. Man the amount of time I spend playing those games and all it's expansions...
  9. Sfr528

Sfr528 New Cupcake

Pretty recent series, but I've been swept off my feet by it -- the Souls series. Demon's Souls and Dark Souls are at this moment in time two of my favorite RPG's of all time. I am almost going insane waiting for Dark Souls II due to how much I love this series. The story, music, gameplay... it's all done so well!
  10. Eternalfootman

Eternalfootman Cupcake-About-Town

I really liked Tales of Vesperia, graces was quite good as well . Dragonquest VIII was also a lot of fun, definitely looking forward to DQX when it gets released.
  11. Alenaar

Alenaar Cupcake

Pokemon! Absolutely! :D
  12. Sealdorie

Sealdorie New Cupcake

Series?

Disgaea.

I suppose I have to jump on the FF train, though only 1,4,6,9 and 10 stand out (I played XI for 8 years, but that's an MMO so eh).

Tales would be my third choice, though I stopped playing them religiously after the PS2 releases. I'd love to get back into them though. I did try the Wii sequel to Tales of Symphonia...but couldn't get five minutes into the game due to the ear splitting voice overs. I didn't even turn it back on to see if you could turn it off.

The Atelier games were really good, but I lost track of them all once they hit the PS3. I don't have the money to keep up lol.

Tomb Raider

Star Ocean 1 and 2

Fable

Individual games?

Chrono Trigger is probably my favorite game of all time. I still have my old SNES cartridge with 100+ hours on it. Not a lot compared to people that play some games these days, but when I was a kid that was a lot of playtime.

Xenogears

Nier
    Benzecry likes this.
  13. Geofiend

Geofiend New Cupcake

The Fallout series; there's just something brilliant about the setting, the characters and the ability to shoot critters in the eye to make them explode (plus the good ol' pickpocket to make a living bomb trick).

I also loved the VTM games (Requiem and Bloodlines), which had some of the most engaging game characters and were bloody fun to play. The Legacy of Kain series gets a nod too.
    Mellkor likes this.
  14. Allikes

Allikes New Cupcake

KOTOR excluding SWTOR.
  15. Todhaseo

Todhaseo New Cupcake

The OP didn't say tales series and has pascal as his/her AV

Kek

I'll say the obscure games that I like
    Drakengard,Nier,Fire emblem,YS series,Golden sun,Wild arms series,.hack//,Shin Megami Tensei
    Shadow hearts,Star ocean,Phantom brave,Dark cloud.
  16. Witless

Witless "That" Cupcake

Baldurs Gate and Dungeon Siege.
  17. Galosha

Galosha Cupcake

Fallout (2 my favorite) - i like all about it: setting, S.P.E.C.I.A.L-system, many ways play through game (u can end game not killing even one mob).

And Baldur's Gate+Ice Wind Dale for Forgotten Realms. I even was obsessed with Forgotten Realms at one point (read all rulebooks and fictions)
  18. AverageZero

AverageZero New Cupcake

Star Ocean
    Arc the Lad
    Dot Hack
    Final Fantasy

Heck there were so many Great series on Ps2... I don't know where to start/
  19. Hermes

Hermes Cupcake

The Suikoden series. Especially the first three games. I wish everyone would understand their greatness. I want to be cremated together with my Suikoden games when I die. Just hearing the victory jingle music for a few seconds can lift my spirits on the gloomiest of days.

I also like the Breath of Fire series. For all its crudeness it is some great slow gaming. Breath of Fire III in particular.

Other than that I love Dragon Quest VIII. My favorite Final Fantasy is VI but unfortunately the many bugs in most versions ruin it. The only almost bug-free version is for GBA but in that one the music was slaughtered and that makes it unplayable. Still waiting for an ultimate edition of FFVI with updated graphics and sound, kind of like they did for FFIV with the complete collection.