1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Female Aurin, do they only come in purple?

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by cmdragonfire, Jun 15, 2013.

?

Would you play a female Aurin if they only came in purple

1. Yes.

32.6%
  2. No.

30.2%
  3. I don't know.

15.1%
  4. Not playing Aurin.

22.1%
  1. Myrrdhinn

Myrrdhinn Well-Known Cupcake

Bad, bad Blankspace. :cautious:
  2. Kellth

Kellth Cupcake

Lol it was a joke mate. Understood i can see them as night elf's from WoW though.
  3. Blankspace

Blankspace WTB Fun Forum Title

I's joking!
    I jokes and more jokes!

Not suppose to be mean, nasty, or read anyway but silly. :p
  4. Myrrdhinn

Myrrdhinn Well-Known Cupcake

I know that! :p

But, you're still bad :p I mean.. Dominion.. pfff :rolleyes:
    (I'm joking too ;))
  5. cmdragonfire

cmdragonfire New Cupcake

wildstar-meditate.jpg
    This one here doesn't look all that purple, might just be the aura though.
    Screenshot_2013-06-17-22-48-45.jpg
    Also that jumping one sure does look female, if these are non purple females. Why aren't they showing them off as much as the multi coloured males?

I know you guys were joking about the whole, "why would you be an Aurin?", thing, or I hope so. But personally I'd be an Aurin because I think they're pretty cool, although I really would prefer to roll the Dominion's Draken, but my friends wanna be Aurin too so, yeah. :)
  6. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

top one looks very much purple to me. bottom one looks very very much male to me.
  7. cmdragonfire

cmdragonfire New Cupcake

I was hinting that it was purple, just not as dark purple as the others. The bottom one looks female to me because of the lump, which could be a shirt or a breast. It could as I said just be the shirt.

And please do explain to me how the top one is ,"very much purple" and "the bottom one looks very male".
  8. Cottonspore

Cottonspore Cupcake-About-Town

Nah, Kataryna is correct. The bottom one is pretty clearly male. You can tell male and female aurin apart by the shape of their tail rings if you're having trouble based on chest proportions. As well as that model having appeared in other screen shots, clearly male. As to the top one, that's pretty obviously the yellow aura washing the colors out around her.

If female aurin are going to have any other hair colors, they haven't been implemented yet. They at the very least weren't present in the character creation screen according to people who attended the Arkship events. For now, we can only speculate as to why they haven't been implemented yet when their male counterparts come in many colors. Perhaps to keep the look of them iconic while Carbine is still branding Wildstar?
    Sia and Kataryna like this.
  9. cmdragonfire

cmdragonfire New Cupcake

Well I hope it is just that they haven't implemented it yet. Because if it did have something to do with lore it won't make sense because you'd think they would be able to dye their hair.
  10. Revon

Revon Well-Known Cupcake

That one is a male. I saw the screenshot it's cropped from once, but I don't remember where I found it. Definitely a male though, it's one of the NPC enemies in Deradune. Gonna look around Google and see if I can find it again.

I've been keeping a close eye on the Aurin because it's the race I'm going to play and I love character customisation, so I'm very interested in all the customisation options we'll have. So far I haven't seen a single female Aurin that wasn't purple.
  11. NigthmareSystem

NigthmareSystem Cupcake-About-Town

Well I guess it's time to ask to @Team_WildStar , I'm sure they will answer about this
  12. Cottonspore

Cottonspore Cupcake-About-Town

I hope you get a reply. I've never heard an official statement about the females all being purple one way or another, it seems like they don't want to comment on it. It may be that the dev team themselves haven't decided whether they'll allow more colors. Wildstar IS currently known around some parts as That Game With The Purple Bunny Chicks. They might just leave them purple for the sake of branding.
  13. Leiloni

Leiloni Cupcake-About-Town

I don't know why they'd give the males all sorts of hair colors and not the females. What is most likely is they simply haven't finalized that part of Female Aurin character creation yet and are focusing on other parts of the game. Hair color is a pretty standard customization option, I'd honestly be surprised if they didn't include a number of them.
  14. Revon

Revon Well-Known Cupcake

Found it!

[​IMG]

Looks like a male to me.
  15. NigthmareSystem

NigthmareSystem Cupcake-About-Town

Ok, the Question is Asked, but with all the PPL asking thing and those spamming about "Please Give me a beta :(" maybe the tweet will be lost , so, if you have twitter please do the same question. "is going to be more hair color for Female Aurins or just Purple?"
    cmdragonfire likes this.
  16. cmdragonfire

cmdragonfire New Cupcake

Yes I agree everyone who has twitter follow up on NightmareSystem :) I will.
  17. quivers

quivers Cupcake

i have a theory, but given there the nature race and a matriarchy. it could follow a lot of real life animals where the males are the ones that need to fight for a mate and have all the flashy plumage, coloring, markings etc where the female of the species is rather plain in comparison. eg peacock and peahens.
  18. kuunkulta

kuunkulta Cupcake-About-Town

Sound logic yes and it works lorewise but gameplay wise it definitely lowers the fun factor of the race.
  19. Jarinolde

Jarinolde Cupcake-About-Town

I'll be sad if they can only be purple... mostly because then my Aurin won't be a unique little cupcake.
  20. Split_Light

Split_Light Cupcake

I'll be surprised if there is only purple, variation = good. That said, I'd still play them regardless. Of course I'm rather colorblind, so quite often can't tell anyway. I always have to ask my wife what color things are. Staring at my avatar her hair doesn't look purple to me, but I could easily be wrong.