1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Female Granok?

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Faith, Jun 29, 2012.

1. shadowclasper

shadowclasper Cupcake-About-Town

You definitely see a female Granok in the whole "What is Wildstar" video. She's shown in the segment about paths. The grey skinned female. I think The settler MIGHT also be the unrevealed exile race... since I think they're going for frankenstein type undead dudes given the coffin bed, the chemical kits, and the whole picture of the exile'd alliance video showing one arm that was obviously rotted, and that guy was all cybernetics and his upper arm was exposed bone I think...
  2. Revon

Revon Well-Known Cupcake

Old thread, but I thought I'd contribute anyway.

Here's a collection of screenshots from Wildstar videos that I have of the female Granok:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And another one of the same scene with the green haired (?) lady in the background shown better:
    http://i.imgur.com/k2SkQ2E.jpg

[​IMG]

This last one I'm not sure about... What is that on the left? Female Granok? Skinny male Granok? Human male with a rather unhealthy skin colour? :eek:

[​IMG]
  3. Chomag

Chomag Cupcake-About-Town

Last image features a mechari female actually. Not sure what is it doing with the exiles. Definitely mechari female though.
  4. Revon

Revon Well-Known Cupcake

I can see that, but I mean the character to the left from the Mechari.
  5. Laban

Laban Cupcake-About-Town

Cassian male? (the hairstyle looks quite snobbish/elvish like I imagine the Cassian)
  6. Revon

Revon Well-Known Cupcake

So, there was some pretty heated discussion over at the Female armor aesthetics -thread over the model of the female Granok. So, I thought I'd make a little post here about why I think the bodytype fits.

First, let's look at the male and the female Granok. The male has a very exaggerated ideal male body, big and muscly. Then there's the female with her exaggerated curves. The ideal female body. "But the female should be bulkier since the male is, too!". Well, I don't think so, not in this case. The game has very cartooney and stylized art style, character features are exaggerated on purpose. Also the Granok seem to be pretty... promiscuous. If you look at these pictures it's pretty obvious:

[​IMG]
    Note the stripper's pole in a mudpuddle in the corner, bra on the floor and a pin-up poster on the wall.

[​IMG]
    Videocamera, computer screen and a spotlight attached to the bed with some sexy looking pillows.

And then there's this:
    [​IMG]

And ofcourse, in the Meet the Exiles -trailer our gal has this to say about the Granok: "Ofcourse most of them have more boulders than brains.... Yep, that means just what it sounds like." and then we see a Granok adjusting his junk and winking.

So I'd say the Granok are the sexiest race in the game. It makes sense to me that the male has an exaggerated ideal male body and the female has an exaggerated ideal female body. The female Granok are also curvier than the female Aurin or the female Human, atleast in most pictures I've seen. Someone did a silhouette comparison with a Human and a Granok and they looked almost identical, but I have also seen Granok with much thicker thighs and bigger chest. Makes me think you can choose a bodytype for your character. This* being a good example.

Are the female Granok sexualised? Yes. But so are the males. Sex, Beer & Kickin' ass, that's the Granok way of life.

*Here scaled to about the same height with a few other Granoks: http://i.imgur.com/HF1rFE9.jpg
  7. Nesphito

Nesphito Cupcake

I just noticed in that link if you look to the very right behind the bar there is a female Granok with red skin and dreadlocks
    Izukar likes this.
  8. Izukar

Izukar New Cupcake

Totally agree with you Revon, Granok be sexy! The only complaint I have about the female model is her arms look a bit too skinny, but that's minor.

From what I've seen of the hairstyles they look quite varied and fitting with the rock theme. Don't forget, rocks can take some pretty crazy formations and I wouldn't put it past the granok to use some (Protostar brand) clay hair sculptor. :p
  9. Izukar

Izukar New Cupcake

Oooh! Nice find. :up:
  10. Einherjar

Einherjar Cupcake

I always thought that was a pompous male Granok :p
  11. Yinello

Yinello Cupcake-About-Town

I love her hair and earrings! I might have consider making a Granok faster than I thought... ;D
  12. Revon

Revon Well-Known Cupcake

[​IMG]
    Here's another screenshot.
    Irullan likes this.
  13. Fox Spirit

Fox Spirit Cupcake

If the housing art is any indication of Granok personality, I am SO going to make one. xD
  14. Yinello

I really hope they'll add sexy male armor (Sparta armor anyone? :inlove: ) - otherwise I'll be so dissapointed.
  15. Chomag

Female granoks are ugly. :(
  16. Revon

Revon Well-Known Cupcake

I think they're sexy :p
  17. Daynejah

Daynejah Cupcake

You take that back!!!!
  18. Chomag

[​IMG]

I can't. Sorry.
  19. Revon

Revon Well-Known Cupcake

I admit that's not the prettiest Granok. But there's a lot of customisation in the game and all the other lady Granoks I've seen have been pretty pretty :p
  20. Yinello

I think the other ones in this thread are quite nice. :D But I also like that it's possible to make a non-feminine female Granok.
    Revon likes this.