1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Final Race/Class Combinations

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Xlugon Pyro, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Tribe

Tribe Well-Known Cupcake

As others have stated the Mordesh not being able to be Medics, just seems off.

<REDACTED> <REDACTED> <REDACTED>. I just did a google search for Draken Engineer and found no screenshots. And if each faction has at least three races for each class.... Then Halflife 3* Mechari can be Engineers? I would :cry: of joy. But then each faction only has two races that can be Espers? I'm afraid to get my hopes up. I still maintain that all the screenshots I've seen of Mechari with rifles are NPCs.

[​IMG]

I hate the H3 meme. This thread is making me insane insaner. The link has nothing to do with H3.

Aurin Engineers?. Wouldn't woodland creatures oppose technology or at least the most technological class? I agree with the Mordesh Medic combo but Aurin Engineers just does not seem to make sense.
  2. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

It does seem that way a bit, but to me aurin being engineers over medics seems even more off which is why I don't have mordesh having medics. It's not possible for one or the other to have both either without imbalancing the current setup unless Carbine is going to create the imbalance at the very last minute.
  3. Tribe

Tribe Well-Known Cupcake

If Mordesh could be both Engineers and Medics, then what Dominion race do you think would gain another class, and what class?

Now all this thread needs is for CRB_J-Tal to show up and post something infuriating, brilliant, misleading, and diabolical, etc. etc.
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  4. Xlugon Pyro

Problem is, to keep the balance, a Dominion race HAS to have 3 classes to match the granok's 3. We already know the granok will only have 3 classes and we've seen both chua and mechari with new weapons while we haven't for draken.

Draken would be the only ones who could have more classes, but then we'd have only one race with three classes with no cross-factional equivalent.
  5. Tribe

Tribe Well-Known Cupcake

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/the-game/classes/

If you stare at the silhouettes long enough, details start to emerge. The Chua's face, for example. WTF is the book that seems misplaced with the Granok Warrior supposed to mean? Is that an error, should the book be part of whatever class the Chua is.
  6. Xlugon Pyro

It's very clearly a part of the granok silhouette but could be some grave error, although I have my doubts. No idea why that's there.
  7. Pmizzrym

Pmizzrym Cupcake-About-Town

I think this is completely correct.

Mordesh could theoretically be all 6 races so it isn't surprising they're the most eye brow raising without Medic.

The class/race restrictions have to have at least two or three weird ideas.
  8. Nadili

Nadili New Cupcake

Tinfoil hat on.

They could always pull a fast one and open up all races to all classes, only reason I say that is the page doesn't list any race options anymore. Wishful thinking most likely.
  9. Inukeu

Inukeu Well-Known Cupcake

I think the warrior is a character from the game like Judge Cain so the book could have somthing to do with that ? I think you seen him in the Flick preview in the Classes: Ultra Drop teaser
  10. Xlugon Pyro

I'd say so. :p
  11. Karl Pedder

Karl Pedder Cupcake-About-Town

Huh hum who discovered this? :p If you look at the top of page 3 of the medic races thread I mention that this configuration not only results in the same number of class/race comboes per faction but also same role/race distribution as well. Also while having the races in each faction that share the same number/type of role options not having access to the same classes.
  12. Roda

Roda Cupcake-About-Town

Nope.
    (scroll down)
  13. ruff_ethereal

ruff_ethereal Well-Known Cupcake

I believe it's a matter of pragmatism and survival more than anything else. Aurin have been said to have quickly adapted to the Exiles technology; I'm pretty sure they'd wouldn't have that many issues about the tech used if it means they can fight back more effectively.

Judging from what we've learned from a discussion with Pappy over WSRP chat, the Exile humans advanced the Aurin's technology, and one of the reasons the Dominion's campaign was so effective was that the locals were fighting back giant Planet Reapers, high-tech armour, and plasma rifles with stone daggers, wooden arrows, and harsh language. If they had any high-tech weapons from the Exiles, I doubt they had them in great enough or high enough caliber to have made much of a dent against the Dominion.
    Tribe likes this.
  14. Xlugon Pyro

Not to go too lore-hoppy here but it's interesting to note that the Dominion probably had to do the same thing with the draken.
  15. Skippy

Skippy Well-Known Cupcake

If this is true, I love you.... I am most likely looking at Mordesh Engineer but didn't know if it was possible, although I have always had the thought it could happen.

While people saying Elixirs and Alchemy fit well for a medic, they also fit for an engineer, given Alchemy and the creation of elixirs is a form of engineering in itself.
  16. Karl Pedder

Karl Pedder Cupcake-About-Town

Hey he is just a cultered Granok.
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  17. ruff_ethereal

ruff_ethereal Well-Known Cupcake

And with the Chua. The Granok stole and taught themselves, too.

Three species with primitive technology, taught or adapted to high-tech weaponry and equipment for the express purpose of killing better armed opponents.
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  18. AcidBaron

AcidBaron "That" Cupcake

Would find it really strange if mordesh couldn't become medics looking at their background.
  19. Skippy

Skippy Well-Known Cupcake

Their background says they are alchemists, Alchemy being a form of engineering really means it could go either way. elixirs aren't only for medical use after all.
  20. AcidBaron

AcidBaron "That" Cupcake

You just made my case actually, Mordesh were shown in the light of a lab, their entire history is based on an alchemist failure.

An Engineer in this game are about big metal constructs to no go too far into details, medics are bio-engineers, dealing in either healing or deadly toxins.

What would make it a real stretch to make granoks medics and mordesh engineer, not to mention unless my memory is failing me i think we already saw an female granok with a rifle and a mordesh with shock paddles.

So based on that i'm inclined to say Granok = engineer as last class and Mordesh = Medic as last class.

So while i was looking forward to a mordesh engineer myself, all evidence and reasoning points into the other direction and that bit of it being also an engineer is more of a stretch to keep on hoping it will be an engineer based on personal preference, you can't really disagree with :)

edit:
    Also is it me or has all the "available classes" on each race page been replaced by a empty box?