1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Final Race/Class Combinations

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Xlugon Pyro, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Skippy

Skippy Well-Known Cupcake

I fail to see how I ''made'' your case, given I was saying how alchemy being a form of engineering makes it perfectly possible for engineers to also be alchemists.

Granok will be getting both engineer and medic, an example I can throw out with engineers being alchemists (albeit not related to wildstar but still showing how alchemical engineers are acceptable) is look at Guild Wars 2, Engineers in that game have entire builds that revolve around elixirs and chemicals.

there's nothing to say engineers won't have a plethora of elixirs to use along with their inventions, again we have seen little to nothing of the engineer, so the speculation of ''elixirs are obviously a medical thing'' is just that, speculation. And hopefully wrong speculation.
  2. AcidBaron

AcidBaron "That" Cupcake

A guildie pointed out to me that in a video it was stated that granok will only get one of the new classes.

The Engineer in this game is about robots, constructs and blowing things up, not bio-alchemy. However you don't have to take my word for it however in the coming weeks that will be revealed.
    So i can see where you are coming from not having that information.

Another interesting note is if you go on the official website now and look at the race pages you'll see that since the class reveal "available classes" has been made blank, what can mean a restructuring is incoming.

As even with adding two new ones granok would only have 3 classes opposed to all other non human races having 4 i believe that could be still be the case when they factored in the "other" classes.
  3. Skippy

It was confirmed a while ago that Granok will get both new classes, this has been knowledge for a while now.
  4. AcidBaron

AcidBaron "That" Cupcake

Can be mistaken on that front than as i said it was second hand information, still stand by the rest and did a double check regards the engineer to confirm what i'm saying to be correct.
  5. Mierelle

Mierelle Cupcake-About-Town

Mordesh* will only get one of the two new classes.
  6. Skippy

What your saying is complete speculation. not correct :up:
  7. AcidBaron

AcidBaron "That" Cupcake

Tempting to proof you wrong but don't want to give the moderators a reason to ban me :)

Meh, though you were talking about granoks my bad there then, would make sense considering they only have one playable class for a while now.
  8. Skippy

Go ahead, without actual fact of what the medics or engineers can do (which we don't know) and without official word on if mordesh get medics or engineers, you can't prove anything. It is simply all speculation at the moment, and I am merely looking at speculation from a different perspective, something other than the ''clear cut'' preconception people seem to have.
  9. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

My guess is that Acid knows the details of the classes via leaks, thus explaining how he might get in trouble for getting into it with you.
  10. Karl Pedder

Karl Pedder Cupcake-About-Town

You seem to be inferring that you have access to information regarding the Engineer that the majority of us do not which allows you to draw conclusions that we can't. And maybe you do, problem is not only do your comments suggest that you aren't going to share all you know anyway it's unlikely you would be able to back it up in any meaningful way if you did share. So even if in actual fact everything you say is true your comments are in way shape or form constructive or helpful.
  11. AcidBaron

AcidBaron "That" Cupcake

*whistles*
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  12. Skippy

I thought of this, but these classes haven't even been put in a public beta yet. So where would such a leak come from? a slip of the tongue from someone at carbine? then it would be fair game and not covered under NDA.
  13. Xlugon Pyro

Thought so. XD

On another note, if anyone else can come up with a way that mordesh can be medics without disrupting the balance of my current setup, give it a shot and I'll explore the possibility. The only way I can see it happening ATM is if Carbine makes the factions not quite so equal on the class front.
  14. Xlugon Pyro

I've no idea. I'm not interested in hunting down leaks so I'd have no clue about the sources of said leaks. We knew about the names of these classes long before they were indirectly confirmed by Carbine so the information has been out there. How it got there I've got no clue.
  15. Mierelle

In the beta client you have access to all addons created by Carbine, in which races, classes, spell names and icons have been available.
  16. Mierelle

I would say that Mordesh will NOT be Medics (saying that Medics and Alchemy have the same basics) due to Alchemy blowing up in their face. A lot of Mordesh have lost faith in the Alchemistic ways, some few have not abandoned it, but we as playable Mordesh have moved on to a more technologic way of living.
  17. Skippy

I highly doubt they would have all the spells, names, and icons in the previous beta build. especially for both the medic and the engineer. and if this is what the conclusion is coming from that the Mordesh will only get medic, it has zero substance at this point.
  18. Mierelle

Not all, but more than is playable. Also by looking through build to build you can see which content have been scrapt and what's being build upon.
  19. Skippy

And this still leaves us at the conclusion that the information could very well be wrong or outdated. not to mention a breach of NDA, meaning it has no place on the forums and plays absolutely no part in this conversation.
  20. AcidBaron

AcidBaron "That" Cupcake

Actually, if you look at what i said rather than trying to get to me as a person. You'll see that i first gave a reasoning that what skippy read under engineer is actually crossing over in the medics territory what is actually the bio-engineer class.

What would make it odd concept wise to have two classes having such a shared core concept. While you can say they are both "engineers", Unless someone is willing to argue now that a medic will not be about that part of engineering anymore.

ps: i'm taunt immune, so no point trying to call me out on it :)

I think we have to really wait and see now as stated before if you go look at this on the mainpage , the available classes of each race has been removed. So we don't know what the current balance will look like with the humans being the standard all classes race.

Or perhaps i'm putting everyone on the wrong ideas regards to one of two classes or both, or none. This is actually starting to be more fun than i initially thought :)