1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Final Race/Class Combinations

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Xlugon Pyro, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Karl Pedder

Karl Pedder Cupcake-About-Town

Well if Aurin got Engineer then Mordesh could have Medic it just ruins the beautiful symmetry of it all. As it makes Mordesh and Aurin 2tank/2heals. Which wont match the Mechari 3 Tank/1 Heal and Chua 1 Tank/ 3 Heal.
    Skippy likes this.
  2. Karl Pedder

It's got nothing to do with trying to get at you as a person. Simply pointing out that trying to make claims based off information that you can't substantiate that you actually have is rather pointless.

Personelly I kind of think Skippy is reaching with the whole interpretation of Engineers=Alchemists bit.

I also think people are really getting a little caught up on Alchemy ruined the Mordesh Alchemy =Medic class too.

I think the scientist path pretty much covers all the Alchemy, dark science lab aspects the Mordesh require.
    Tribe likes this.
  3. Skippy

Skippy Well-Known Cupcake

No doubt, it's just another theory to throw out there, one that has been acceptable in another game (Gw2 engi's having a heavy focus on alchemy), so I just see it as a possible lore background if the mordesh do in-fact get engineers.

EDIT - this entirely comes down to how the engineer works though, which we don't know.
  4. teh_ninjaneer

teh_ninjaneer Cupcake-About-Town

I posted my own speculations in the recent Winter (Beta) is Coming thread.

I feel pretty confident about this. I based it on what was originally listed on the website (now removed) and when listing the Engineer and Medic I considered the tech-level of that race. Aurin and Draken seem more "tribal" and low-tech. Yes they can be Spellslingers but that class is really just using guns to channel magic.

The Granok were originally a low-tech race but the lore states that these Granok that have joined the Exiles stole their technology from the Mechari and were "exiled" for their stealing, becoming mercenaries. I believe Carbine has also stated that they will have both new classes.

The Mordesh, Chua and Mechari are all high-tech races and should receive both Engineer and Medic.

Guess we'll know in about a month.

Edit: I have been informed that the Mordesh might receive only one of the new classes. Then an alternate lineup would be:

Mordesh - Warrior, Stalker, Spellslinger, Medic
    Mechari - Warrior, Stalker, Medic

Totals for both factions
    Warrior (3), Stalker (3), Engineer (2), Spellslinger (3), Esper (2), Medic (3)

Which does seem possible as well since this would now offer 2 of a tank-capable class and 2 of a healer class.
  5. Katherine

Katherine Cupcake-About-Town

After watching the new Devspeak I hope you're wrong and Drakens get Medics :p
  6. Skippy

Skippy Well-Known Cupcake

They already confirmed mordesh will only get one of the new classes, so that kinda hurts your theory a bit.
  7. teh_ninjaneer

Because I can't speculate like everyone else and Carbine doesn't have the option to change things. Of course.

Edit: In the event the Mordesh are only granted one of the remaining classes, I would probably remove Engineer from both Mordesh and Mechari (since there is the picture of the Mechari with the assumed Medic weapons).

This would give both factions 3 Warriors, 3 Stalkers, 2 Engineers, 3 Spellslingers, 2 Espers, 3 Medics.
  8. Karl Pedder

Of course you can speculate, though basing your speculations of the premise that Carbine might change something they have already confirmed rather than the currently available info probably isn't going to get much support.

You also seem to be one of the Aurin=nature loving=low tech. There is nothing in the existing lore on Aurin that substantiates this premise.
  9. Tribe

Tribe Well-Known Cupcake

I feel like I need a Ouija Board to follow/unite the various opinions/rationals in this thread.

[​IMG]

I assume that it's correct as well, but why have Espers and possibly Engineers limited to only two races?
  10. teh_ninjaneer

I have Espers listed as 2 races because that's how it was previously listed on the website before the recent removal of races on the individual class pages. All races have been revealed, the Chua and Mordesh had been assigned classes, and Espers were only given 2 races per faction.

Now that I think about it more, it would make more sense to have a 3-3-2 lineup for the tanks if the healers already have that separation. The previous page had Warriors and Stalkers as 3 races per faction, therefore Engineers would only have 2 races.

I felt Skippy was being a little snippy, so I thought I would be snippy back with Skippy. But thanks for adding your opinion as well. It's appreciated! :up:

As for my opinions on the Aurin, the Wildstar website often refers to them as tree-huggers, forest dwellers in their vast forest kingdom, isolated from the rest of the galaxy on a planet with plenty of natural resources waiting to be harvested by the Dominion. Sounds fairly low-tech to me.

But hey, I'm speculating on this. ;)
  11. Mierelle

Mierelle Cupcake-About-Town

Why Espers would be limited to only two races could be because this is the only "gifted" class who doesn't channel their power through items...
  12. Tribe

Tribe Well-Known Cupcake

Psyblades.
  13. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

I think that oddity on the site is just an unknown (by Carbine) victim of website updates. Maybe they'll be changing the old class compositions around but as I said earlier, I doubt it.
  14. Xlugon Pyro

They don't really need the psyblades as a medium. They're just there for game mechanics purposes and for sex appeal.
  15. FairyTailisBack

FairyTailisBack Cupcake-About-Town

How do you know the Draken can't be an engineer, rather than the mechari? Other than that it coincides with other predictions I have seen.
  16. Xlugon Pyro

I've seen several screens with mechari using rifles and having draken have the class as well would disrupt the balance.
  17. FairyTailisBack

FairyTailisBack Cupcake-About-Town

Not saying as well, just either could have it.

If you have seen official images though, then it is likely the mechari.
  18. Xlugon Pyro

You never know.

Carbine might just hoodwink us with all this speculation and screens. I'd LOL hard if it happens. I wouldn't put it past them.
  19. Hezrou

Hezrou Cupcake-About-Town

Humans are so generic...
  20. Gunghoe

Gunghoe Cupcake-About-Town

The deves have hented that draken will have one of the other classes, that are revealed. During a livestream podcast type thing.