1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Final Race/Class Combinations

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Xlugon Pyro, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Karl Pedder

Karl Pedder Cupcake-About-Town

The reason the available classes are missing from the race pages is because they were all hyperlinks leading to the old class pages that no longer exist. Apparently instead of just removing their link property the icons were removed as well.
    Xlugon Pyro and Tribe like this.
  2. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

If you can find that hint, that'd be great.
    Tribe and teh_ninjaneer like this.
  3. Karl Pedder

Ok so now that I've been bad......The rather prevelant assumption that somehow Mordesh lore concerning Alchemy and the Lazarus serum etc means that they should have access to the Medic class is based on incorrect assumptions concerning the thematic nature of many or even a reasonable proportion of the Medics abilities being Bio Chemically based.

I am now like 98% convinced that the layout presented in Xlugon Pyro's OP is correct. Yay mechari Engineer!!!

And my aplogies to Acidbaron with how easy this info was to find if you don't have access to it you either haven't tried, haven't tried hard enough or don't want to all of which is your own fault like it was mine.
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  4. teh_ninjaneer

teh_ninjaneer Cupcake-About-Town

Regarding the Mechari engineer, I wondered how the Granok could steal the Mechari tech and not have access to their classes. I mean, it could happen obviously, but there should be some consistency.

Your first comments concerning the Medic are a little confusing to me, though. Are you suggesting that the Medic is more holistic medicine? Passing the herb around and giving massages? Maybe some acupuncture?
  5. BlindSear

BlindSear Super Cupcake

Additionally, if they're including "Bio-engineer" in the engineer class, then they have to have specific reasons not to include things like civil, software, process, industrial, and aerospace engineers, which start crossing over into all sorts of other classes, crafting professions and paths. I think it would end up just being a blob of a class with no real "theme" if that were done.

So, if Mordesh got Medic, and Aurin got Engineer, that would make sense as well. When I consider "engineer" as a class I think moreso electrical/mechanical/chemical engineer, and not bio/civil engineer. (Though I think it'd be hilarious to put in some civil engineering in a combat based class, "Yes, I believe there SHOULD be a park here, and the waste management needs to go through city hall...")

So, it really depends on how many disciplines of "engineer" is considered. Now, the only issue is it gives Aurin heavy armor (which they have no other class which has this due to a "frail" nature) and a giant gun. Although Chua have a giant gun, so it fits sorta, not to mention it'd be hilarious to see the kickback on an Aurin. But, since Aurin are seen as the "scientists" of the Exiles, either engineer or medic fit for them.

Similarly Mordesh dabble in Alchemy and Science, so again either fits for them. Though, due to the fact that they obviously fiddle with bio-engineering, and medicine a lot, Medic fits better for them. Honestly I could see it going either way.
  6. Karl Pedder

Think more I blast you with my molecular reconstituter ray or you benefit from my bio electric enhancement field than I fire a ballistic hyperdermic bio serum dart or spray you with my nano-chem healing mist.
    teh_ninjaneer likes this.
  7. teh_ninjaneer

I see what you did there.

I approve.
  8. Karl Pedder

Honestly they could include Alchemy as crafting profession without it really crossing themes with the Medic and provide Mordesh players of any class that link to their races lore. It would also allow a more rounded representation since Alchemy isn't really just about healing potions.
    Tribe likes this.
  9. teh_ninjaneer

I have always speculated that the Mordesh would have the Medic class but not because they use alchemy. I based my assumptions on the overall tech-level of each race.

I assume that the Aurin and Draken are the "primitive" races in the game and will not be getting "high-tech" classes like Medic and Engineer. I don't consider the Spellslinger a high-tech class since it seems to use the guns primarily as a focus for casting magic.

And I agree that alchemy and medicine are not the same thing. Alchemy usually deals with transmuting one substance into another. It's more like chemistry.
  10. SnoopDaddy

SnoopDaddy Cupcake

[​IMG]

This is my guess. Anyone care to tell me why you think I'm wrong?
  11. Xlugon Pyro

Interesting, but draken engineers makes more sense than draken medics. By a lot.

I have doubts that Carbine would make tank/healer ratios uneven cross-faction even if it's that small.
  12. SnoopDaddy

SnoopDaddy Cupcake

It could go either way with the Draken honestly. I was just unsure whether they would go with uneven factions or uneven Tanks vs. Healers. It will be interesting to see how it pans out that's for sure.
  13. Karl Pedder

The Chua are already confirmed as getting both the Medic and Engineer so they aren't the Dominions 3 class race.

It's either Mechari or Draken and both the Engineer and Medic seem far more appropriate for the Mechari than the Draken. My reasoning is less about the tech level (though it's still a factor) of the Draken (since they are still part of the Dominion) like where teh_ninjaneer is coming from and more just the attitudes and personality of the race doesn't IMO lend itself well to either class.

In games like this they tend to try and balance things out it's amazing the kinds of things players will get miffed at. The setup that Xlugon Pyro proposes in the OP provides the same number of total choices per faction, the same number of choices for each class per faction, one 6 class race, two 4 class races and one 3 class race for each faction. It also provides one 3 tank/ 3healer, one 3 tank/1 healer, one 1 tank/3 healer and one 2 tank/1 healer race per faction.

Many folks seem to have decided that the Mordesh must be medics over engineers because of the whole Alchemy thing as I've tried to indicate this comes from false assumptions concerning the Medic class at the very least as it's not really very alchemyish at all. Even if cming from like teh_ninjaneer's angle of tech level there would be no argument for the medic over the engineer as they are both high tech classses.
    Tribe, teh_ninjaneer and Xlugon Pyro like this.
  14. Xlugon Pyro

If you want to argue, it could, but if we look at the races, their culture, and their known class options, engineer is the only reasonable possibility and even that is questionable.

Draken are savage, warhungry man-beasts. Tech is something they're not well versed in, and the medic is likely to be a tech healer of some sort. Engineer falls under the same scrutiny BUT has the plus of being more straight up explosions and bullets which fits the draken much better than cunning chemical-based attacks which is the medic's likelihood. If the draken got medics over engineers, I would be completely shocked beyond belief unless all races got all classes.
    teh_ninjaneer likes this.
  15. SnoopDaddy

SnoopDaddy Cupcake

Care to prove that the Chua are confirmed as getting both classes? I haven't read or seen anything that would suggest such a thing. Also, I chose the Mordesh as Medics from a balance standpoint, not a lore one.
  16. Karl Pedder

Also while Aurin getting Engineer and Mordesh getting Medic would mess with the whole balanced role layout if Draken got Engineer and Mechari only got Medic it wouldn't though as I say thematically the class just really suit Draken as much as it does Mechari.

I also get the feeling that some folks are going with the whole they aren't going to give every race but one, one of the new classes which IMO is somewhat flawed when you consider that at this point the Granok only have access to the one of the available classes. It's just that Granok only have access to one of the currently revealed classes, it's just the way it's turned out by the same token but the opposite situation it could very well be that the Drakens class composition just happened to consist of classes that were all amongst the first revealed.
  17. Karl Pedder

I couldn't be bothered having to google it out I'm sure you can do that but shortly after the the Chua and Mordesh were revealed it was stated by the devs they were getting both it was via reddit or twitter I can't recall specifically. It was also quickly clarified that the Mordesh would only be getting one because initially it was said both would get both.
  18. SnoopDaddy

SnoopDaddy Cupcake

Yeah, I change my mind. Your layout will probably be the combination Carbine uses. I can't come up with any other combination that makes sense lore wise and is as balanced.
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  19. Tribe

Tribe Well-Known Cupcake

You may want to update your original post with a confirmed list of race class combinations for the revealed classes. I mean the information that was removed from the "Available Classes" boxes of the race pages on the official site. The below information is from with WSC's wiki.

DOMINION

Cassian
    • Esper
    • Spellslinger
    • Stalker
    • Warrior
    Chua
    • Esper
    • Spellslinger
    Draken
    • Spellslinger
    • Stalker