1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

"For CASUAL play the medic could heal in any one of those roles..."

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Laura, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Mahanaxar

Mahanaxar Cupcake

I think it was said somewhere that Medic/Warrior would be a good pairing because of the HoT nature of medic heals and the Warrior's high mitigation.
  2. Whistler

Whistler Cupcake

Medium armor also helps the Medic hang in there with the melee.
  3. Laura

Laura Cupcake

I foresee lot of PvP in the medic's future......
  4. Cesmode

Cesmode Cupcake-About-Town

I picked up on this too. They almost skirted around the issue of "can any healer fill any healer role"?

I really hope they do not corner certain classes into exquisitely defined roles such as "X class is only good for tank healing" much like WoW has done. For years, Druids were aoe raid healers, pallys were tank healers for example. I hope this does not take form in Wildstar and that any healing class with the proper LAS can fulfill any healing role.
  5. Whistler

Whistler Cupcake

With LAS I think the issue will be less of "Esper is tank healer, Medic is AoE healer" and more a question of 1. What class is MTing, and 2. How the healer sets their LAS.

Now, due to the nature of MMOs and specific encounter mechanics, there might be some guilds on the edges of progression who find that certain setups give them a 1% increase in efficiency - which in progression is enough to warrant it, but I agree that it should be due more to the talent of the player, and possible the combination of tank/healer, that influences success.
  6. Argonic

Argonic New Cupcake

Also we don't have a full understanding how the level down feature will work visually.
    Some games will cut your stats, etc and list you as the level your are decreased to.
    Other games will cut your stats, etc and still show you as your true level.
  7. Bnol

Bnol Cupcake-About-Town

If you want healers (or any role for that matter) to be unique there will be an "ideal" class/build for each fight/role (e.g. tank healing). This is only a problem if the degree is overwhelming and/or the encounter design (or PVP balance) strongly emphasizes a single class/build. It is fine if Warrior/Medic is the best for these 3 raid encounters, but then Stalker/Esper is best for these other 2 raid encounters. It is a problem if Engineer/Spellslinger is the best combo for every raid encounter. Not only is it not fun for the other classes in terms of class balance, but the static assignments will get old.
    teh_ninjaneer likes this.