1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

For my 100th post

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by JarNod, Jul 19, 2012.

1. JarNod

JarNod WildStar Haiku Winner 2012 / Lead Guinea Pig

I put forth a question. While I was super excited for SWTOR to come out and waited 4 years for it to come out, I never really participated in the community forums or any specific websites. When I was playing WoW, I had a buddy who religiously discussed elitist jerks. I spent most of my time on the official WoW forums, but got burnt out after a while because of all the e-drama that escalated.

My question to all of you then, what has been your best experience regarding an MMO for community discussions? Besides WildStar Central of course...
  2. ObliviousPrime

ObliviousPrime "That" Cupcake

honestly, game subreddits specifically GW2 and Planetside 2. The firefall forums was cool but you had trolls and beta key begging.

Edit: gratz on the 100 posts :)
  3. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

My best experience? Definitely the forums for a game that was put on hold forever. It was called Trials of Ascension by Shadowpool Studios. It had a wonderful game concept. I had a blast on the boards writing poems/songs, RPing stories, and general talk. We even got a group of us together and started a WoW guild when WoW was first released. I loved being in that guild.

Hopefully that experience can continue again someday.
  4. Sprby

Sprby Cupcake

Most memorable times was on Cabal Online forums. When it was in beta, I spent a lot of time there anticipating the release forming groups, sharing guides and talking about the game.
  5. Hydros

Hydros Cupcake

Definitely the subreddits (Specially GW2)... gratz on your 100th post. Also thanks for helping me keep up the info updated on the Wildstar subreddit (Saw your post with the same nickname :) )
  6. Tiktak

Tiktak Cupcake-About-Town

Personally, I'm more active here than anywhere else, heh. Never really went to the WoW Forums, bar looking up super leet talent specs and gear back when I cared about raiding, but I never participated in any discussion.
    Even on EvE-O Forums, I read it every day, but don't post much.
    (And I totally forgot about the WildStar Subreddit! Funny because that's where I found this place!)
  7. Punx

Punx Cupcake

Never really got into forum posting much, even on guild/linkshell sites..... but i has a classified reason to keep up with this one and i figured i would insert myself into the community for a change
  8. Billco

Billco Cupcake-About-Town

I used to haunt all game forums up until wow. Although pre wow I tended to spend more time on whatever guild I was in, forums'

Got to wow, and people seemed less interested in forums, even the guilds I was in could never get any particpation going and the forums started becoming more negative towards the end of my play career.

Swtor completely killed forums off for me - never seen anything like it, even way before launch it was just so full of negativity and trolling.

Best forums? Don't know if this counts but the swgemu project where they are rebuilding Star Wars Galaxies from scratch. Its actually pretty solid considering what they are doing, played it for a while but knowing that it was beta and my toon was gonna be wiped stopped me from getting into it as deeply as I would have liked....when they launch proper I think I will definitely play it again, unless Wildstar is as good as I hope it will be anyway :)