1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

For the Horde!! err Exiles... err Dominion???!?!

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by tr1age, May 23, 2013.

?

Which do you think will be the "Horde" in Wildstar?

1. Dominion = Horde

54.2%
  2. Exiles = Horde

49.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

How about:

TOTALLY AWESOME(exiles) vs.
    DISTURBINGLY PATHETIC(dominion)
  2. Gyoin

Gyoin New Cupcake

I'm not 100% sure who is who with that though =/
  3. Xlugon Pyro

Well from the looks of it, you fall into the right camp, good sir! Fate smiles upon you this day!
  4. Gyoin

Gyoin New Cupcake

Yay! /highfive!
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  5. Devisi

Devisi New Cupcake

@ Jynetik
    Last time I meet someone who has also read the books. :)
    Jynetik likes this.
  6. Aari

Aari Cupcake-About-Town

For me personally the Exiles are more Horde like then the Dominion and I will site with the true Horde! haha.
    The Aurin and Outcasts are kinda like Tauren and Orcs, bound together with great honour. Aurin were on the brink of extinction until Thrall came and saved them from the Centauren, you know...
    Granok being like the Undead, after first fighting against the Dominion they are now no longer of their own kind (As with the undead compared to the Lich King, just no hostility here) and seek revenge against Dominion and thus joinen forces with the Exiles in order to survive and win this battle.

Of course in the end you can't really compare all the factions as they are a completly different background and lore and I'm sure people will find similar stuff for the Dimion and Horde but I will never accept that!
    FOR THE EXILES AND THE TRUE HORDE!!!!! :D
    Bomoo likes this.
  7. Bomoo

Bomoo Cupcake

It doesn't really map exactly, I don't think. In wow, alliance are cowboys and horde are Indians. So depending on what aspect of cowboys and Indians you choose to view as primary, Dominion or Exiles will be one or the other.
  8. Dayno

Dayno New Cupcake

From my point of view I find that The Dominion are the hordes because they have came to takeover the planet Nexus, which was rightfully found by The Exiles. That is one of the main reasons why i believe that The Exiles are the alliance and The Dominion are the hordes.

There are other obligations for both sides but i find that the biggest reason why i have chosen what side the two factions are.
  9. Jerodar

Jerodar New Cupcake

Regardless of similarities, shouting FOR THE DOMINION works way better then for the exiles (yaai *waves flag*).

Why do I always choose the side with the crappy battlecry :(
  10. AgenecyWR

AgenecyWR New Cupcake

The Exiles are the horde, The horde ( well atleast the orcs) were looking for a place to call home after their planet was ravaged by War and Dark magics
    Bomoo likes this.
  11. Xlugon Pyro

Being incredibly awesome has its shortcomings. Too much awesome takes away from our battle cry because we're too busy making pulp out of our Dominion victims!
  12. AgenecyWR

AgenecyWR New Cupcake

The Dominion attacked and took over planets, and caused blood shed, which sounds like the first orcs to come through The Dark Portal.

But Exiles sounds like Thralls horde...the alliance already have all these towns and castles all over the place and they don't want to share.
    So...really, both factions in World of warcraft are evil and the same with Exiles and the Dominion it just depends on who's looking at it...I guess, read a comment that put it perfectly but can't remember what it said
  13. Gasmaskftw

Gasmaskftw New Cupcake

AGREED!
  14. Jarinolde

Jarinolde Cupcake-About-Town

At face value, Dominion = Horde, Exiles = Alliance. (Bad guys/Good guys)

Delving into the story, Dominion = Alliance, Exiles = Horde. (Former believe they're right and just and that the other factions races are abominations. Latter is a ragtag group of races banding together against an oppressive force)

Most of us here know, understand and will follow the 2nd opinion. The majority of the games' player base will fall under the 1st opinion.
    Bomoo likes this.
  15. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

One of these keeps popping up each month. I remember the first one I saw the Exiles were clearly winning. Then things were kind of tied. Now the evil, sinister, socially-oppressive, funny-smelling Dominion are leading!
  16. Makismo

Makismo New Cupcake

People still look at Alliance = Good, Horde = Evil, so naturally most people will fit those stereotypes into the Exiles/Dominion accordingly. However, in my opinion, the Horde have more in common with the Exiles and the Alliance with the Dominion. The Exiles are a group of misfits that have banded together out of necessity, with an uncertain future should they defeat the Dominion, whereas the Dominion are an established group, an Alliance if you will who are wealthy and tend to fit the Alliance mould more naturally than the Exiles.
    starspun likes this.
  17. Chooby

Chooby Cupcake

This thread is full of great lore and theory. Keep it going. :D
  18. Acrowe

Acrowe New Cupcake

I've noticed a whole helluva lot of "horde this, horde that" stuff going on in this thread, and have to just say.. you guys don't know much about WoW's lore.. much less Wildstars.

First off, let me take a small analysis of the "Horde", and the "Alliance".

Horde:
    Races: Orc, Troll, Tauren, Undead, Blood Elf, Goblin
    Orc's we're NOT NATIVE TO KALIMDOR. They came through as a blood thirsty group of demon-blood fighters looking to destroy everything. The Orc we see today are remnants of a NOMADIC, PEACEFUL race, turned demon blood-infused monsters. Turned once again, into the modern-day warlike Orcs. They focus on strength and honor.. much to their motto, Lok'tar Ogar!, meaning victory or death! Tauren were a once again nomadic people who focused on their ties to the earthmother and the earth itself. Trolls were specifically the Darkspear trolls, who were EXILED from their original clan, because they didnt want to take part in what can be summarized as terrorism and world domination. The Undead are scornful risen dead who gained their free will back. They commit atrocities throughout the land.. even so much as taking the pets of the Lich King to raise more of their numbers, since they can't procreate. Blood Elves were magic addicted High Elves who split in between followers of the Burning Legion, and then the once we could take part in - the ones who gave in and joined the Horde, because the Alliance wanted no part of them. Goblins.. just money. They were part of a trading company who didn't care about their lives, so the survivors went onto live in Orgrimmar and mooch off the Horde to make money.. because that's what Goblins do.

All in all, these races have a similarity of either being all to themselves and needing help, or joining up so they're not wiped out. Or in the Goblins case, convenience. They still fuel what they call the "war machine". The orcs under Garrosh want to wipe out the humans due to an everlasting feud THEY STARTED. The Tauren and Trolls owe a life-debt to Thrall, and honor this. Sylvanas likes to cause trouble and kill people, cus she can. The Blood elves are just there, and Goblins like money!

Alliance:
    Races: Human, Dwarf, Gnome, Night Elf, Draenei, Worgen
    Humans have been the leaders of the Alliance because they're portrayed as the spunky young race of the world that is just good at everything! Especially because they live such short lives, they grow to do things much faster.. if they lived as long as a Night Elf, things just might get real. However, due to this short life span, they've accomplished great things in a small amount of time. Humans of the Alliance have a hatred of the warmongering and dysfunctional Horde because they seem uncouth and destructive. War time stuff made them all mad. Though the human race has plenty of bad things they've done, very rarely under the Alliance's banners. Night Elves are the basis of everything that's happened in the world. They are immortal, they literally can live forever. Though they were once a bastion of power and their own fair share of bad stuff, they've gone to a druidic society that was nomadic until the world was in danger, and they lent a hand to the Alliance. Dwarves are all about being themselves in their mountain kingdoms, but they owe the humans a great debt, and they honor it. Mostly explorers, crafters, and knowledge seekers. Gnomes are inventors who kinda stick to themselves, and their inventions that went wrong, namely Gnomergan, fell on themselves, it didn't do anything to change the world outside of themselves. Draenei, they were a nomadic group that lived along with the orcs on Draenor. They followed the light, and battled the shadows! They came to the alliance, cus the bloodelves went to the alliance, and those guys were all allied with the Burning Legion. Worgen were humans who got cursed, and lived in solitude, as to not allow their curse to break out any further from the world. Plus they were all hermity, high-society anyways. Cool British guys and gals.

These Races somehow always stood for a cause. Humans were basically made to be the consensus for what the Orcs wanted to combat. Before orcs.. humans were just there. Current Night Elves want to restore the world to it's glory, and enjoy nature, because when they went to the arcane, they screwed the world over.. they're trying to make up for their ancestory. Dwarves and Gnomes are off doing their own things, trying to figure out how things work, whether it's an engine needing building, or a relic needing finding.. that's what they want to do. Draenei want to return home, and destroy the Burning Legion that threatens the whole galaxy - even the horde. The Worgen are just an extension of humans.. more of a symbolic way to show the carnal fury inside humans that society has tried to quell. Their story line is focused on learning to work together to make a better world.

As you can see, the Alliance lends itself to trying to better the world, while the Horde are trying to become part of the world, and because of the Orcs and Undead, they're fighting a war using whatever means are necessary.. the bad guy mentality. Their intentions are NOT always for good. Orcs, Undead, Trolls, and Blood Elves all have a history of being bad guys. Though all races have their own non-Alliance/Horde factions (I.E- Bandits, The Bishop trying to blow up Stormwind, or the Dark Iron Dwarves) that thrive off of evil, they also have good faction counter-parts (I.E- The Argent Crusade, The Ashen Verdict, The Sunreavers, etc.) they are mostly characters notably from the Alliance races.. Like Tirion, Bolvar, etc. The good guy hordies are actually PART OF THE HORDE... Vol'jin, Saurfang, Cairne/Baine, etc. .. They don't get a whole lot of light.

How does that fit in with the Dominion v Exiles? .. Well, it doesn't. Aesthetically the Exiles are similar to the Horde.. fighting to survive.. but no warcrime atrocities. They act more like the Alliance in the fact that they were already there, and they want to keep the invading forces out.. like the Alliance. The dominion are prim and proper, but they want to wipe out the world, because thats what they think they're supposed to do. They're ordained by the Eldan to rule the galaxy. Power hungry, and determined to do whatever it takes. They look like the Alliance, but feel like the Horde of Old, and the Horde under Garrosh...

I've spent MANY MANY MANY Hours over the years learning all the lore. MoP lore isn't the real horde and alliance, so I won't even add that part in.

That's my two-cents folks!

TL;DR-
    They are both the Horde. They are both the Alliance.

Exiles (A) Fight for the lands they own, and for the right of their people to live in peace! Though they are very primitive (H).
    Dominion look pretty and shiny (A), Though they are warlike and want to kill everybody who doesn't bow at the knee (H).
  19. Nesphito

Nesphito Cupcake

Neither feel like Horde or Alliance to me, they both have traits from both factions though. Exiles have the whole ragtag theme like the horde, but Aurin are like Night Elves and Granok are like Dwarves. In the Dominion Draken are a lot like Orcs and the Cassians are a lot like Bloodelves. I do think the Dominion will be the 'Horde' of this game (the badass faction that pvpers join).

Personally I don't like to compare the factions to WoW and each feel unique to me and I like both of them.
    Sonntam likes this.
  20. Ennui

Ennui Cupcake

how is the poll adding up to 104%? haha. i like it, but it is pretty funny.