1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Fun with Body Types

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Ianpact, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Ianpact

Ianpact Cupcake-About-Town

With the recent release of the patch notes, one fairly big surprise has stood out:

This is, I'm quite sure, very welcomed :inlove: by the overwhelming majority of the community.

I have no idea if anyone outside Carbine has seen them yet, though I imagine they will be out soon. While I doubt we will see anything too extreme, I thought it would be fun to come up with a few ideas as to what some of them might be fun to have.

Try not to over think it, to much description may actually make it harder to understand. Leave it to people's imagination for the most part. Just a simple name will probably due for most. Be sure to include what race it's for.

1. Male Granok Beer Belly
    2. Female Exile Human Bare-Foot-&-Pregnant
    3. Chua Beanpole Runt

That's all I got for now.
    PalsyPlague likes this.
  2. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

It's going to be so much fun! It's going to be so much fun! Ooo! I wonder if some body types will also change height? If even a little. Yays! Oh! Oh! Superfat Chua! Oh! Super skinny granok! Oh! Superfatskinny Draken!

Okay, uhm. Serious.....

I'm reminded of two NPCs in (i think) algorac starter zone for exiles. One being pappy the really old miner and the other....I forget his name. He was human, but just really huge! I thought he was a granok at first. Also, both of those NPCs were males. So...

1. Super Old Human (wrinkly skin texture, thin body frame, maybe a little hunched)
    2. Lummox Human (not fat, but 'fluffy' tummy, broad shoulders, big-butts.)

Additionally, Mordesh. Body types including different placement of serum parts. Right now they are uniform. New body parts will have option to have serum parts on a portion of chest, stomach only, both hands, one arm. That kind of thing. This could work for both sexes.

3. Mordesh Serum Parts variety.
  3. Inukeu

Inukeu Well-Known Cupcake

I thought they were not going to do body types unique profile and all that or was that just for class ? idk *yawn*

anyway i've seen the complaint in a couple of previews a while back that they didnt like that they couldnt change body types, providing there any good atleast reviewers cant complain about that anymore so thats a possitive I guess

I would like to see a Male Mordesh with not so wide shoulders and some slimmer Granok other then that im fine with things as is
  4. filanwizard

filanwizard Cupcake-About-Town

Maybe they were just not going to do body types during primary closed beta since at that point it was not a priority.
  5. Ianpact

http://www.reddit.com/r/WildStar/comments/22jrtr/a/cgnoaum?context=1

And just to reiterate, this thread is about silly ideas for body types. I apologize if I wasn't clear. The discussion over whether they will exist or not is moot at this point. ;)
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  6. Domi Dayglow

Body types are funs. It makes a character more unique which, truth is, everyone from PvEs to RPers to PvPers want.

But you are right. Body types are not vital. They are a quality of life option. Like the costume options we have. But, quality of life features help keep people around in the game even if most are barely noticed. How interesting would it be if every weapon had the same skin? Not very.

Odds are the whole body type thing was a quality of life feature that was on a list of things to do and that list was labeled as "Thing that don't have to be done before launch, but can be added in a monthly update". Okay, so it's a long name for a list. There are likely lots of things on the list like a tailor option to change character appearance after creation. Though will call it something like "Protostar's Nu-You! Kiosk" (*warning: may cause unsightly mutation or brain damage. Protostar is not liable for making you more ugly. Look sharp, Look Protostar!)

Some Carbinite has probably been going to work earlier, piddling around with the body type feature, for months in spare time or at lunch or while waiting for the servers to update. They just happened to get it done before launch.
  7. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!! Cupcake-About-Town

body types i can see happening :D:
    :short fat granok dwarf
    :hunched over draken female
    :up right draken male
    :draken/aurin on all fours..........meh
    Ianpact likes this.
  8. Quietus

Quietus Cupcake

For human females I wouldn't mind seeing an athletic body type similar to what the female Osun are sporting.
  9. Felion

Felion Cupcake-About-Town

There are some npcs of different races that have a different body type in comparison to the player. For example, the big belly human male, the shorter Mechari agent, I think these are going to be amongst the first ones to be added.

But on the other hand, they already disallowed costumes in PvP, and body types aren't things that can be switched on and off. So likely they won't be adding extreme changes, that is, not going to let one race be able to resemble another race in any way.

Nevertheless, very exciting stuff!
  10. Domi Dayglow

Wasn't is complaints from pvpers that caused that? Specifically, a person would equip themselves with the very best high level gear, then conceal it under a costume? Or a squishy spellslinger in light armor could costume themselves in super heavy armor of a warrior? Discussion for another thread I know, but.....

The no costumes in pvp seems to have been done to prevent players from bluffing other players. Pretty sure your right in that body types will not change the shape of a character so much as to make them unrecognizable from a distance, but a character's race also doesn't have that much reflection in pvp. Yes, certain races can only be certain classes, but it doesn't take a genius to look at a character and see that individual carrying resonators or a big gun to figure out what class they are.
  11. Felion

Exactly, but remember costumes also can't change the fact that individuals are carrying their own class weapon --- yet it received so much complaints that it was disabled. I'm not saying I'm agreeing with it, but if they disabled costumes because people might get the wrong idea in PvP, it's not a stretch to say that they'd be worried to have races resemble each other too much. If you mistaken your enemy as an Aurin, you'd be totally unprepared when he pulls out a greatsword and charges towards you...
  12. Inukeu

sorry boss....

erm.. mutated Mordesh ? half body is normal size half is shrunk ?
    rusted half scrap mechari ?
    a clock work mechari ?

meh thats all i got... I cant delete that other post for some reason anymore
  13. Bloodclott

Bloodclott Cupcake

Those are not body types.

Body types are usually specifically changing the height, fat, or muscle on a character. Essentially you are changing the size of a character's body. Those are cosmetic changes to the body and postures. The only examples in game we have of different bodytypes arn't exactly the best examples anyway (I would not want to play a Human with the body type of the Game Hunters, or the old foremen) I am curious on how they might do this.

I am assuming they might just give us sliders in a similar way to GW2.....
  14. Inukeu

kay <REDACTED> it then i cant play this game /wrist
  15. Ianpact

Inukeu's, not so much but he tried, so it's cool.:cool: TAOF, somewhat is.

As for sliders, not happening, due to the way they apply the armor. Unlike GW2, the armor is placed on your character, rather than painted to your character. Least that is what they said a while back when this was first discussed. I suppose is possible things have changed but I wouldn't know how.

:( This thread is not quite going the way it was intended. Seems to have lasted about the length of my original post. :rolleyes:
  16. Felion

If it's just a scalar, shouldn't have a problem. Fix the origins, scale the upper body or legs, save those scalars for the character, then apply those scalars to every piece of armor model that are put onto the character. But if it's a completely different shaped body, yeah that might be very time consuming to create, unless they already have those models sitting around that is.
  17. t209

t209 Cupcake

If it has mustaches overhaul, I am going Flashman.
  18. Domi Dayglow

Ooooo! I thought of a new body type that could fit all races, genders and ...stuffs!

Body Scars!

Horrible, disfiguring. Small, personality giving. Scars! Like...scarface. Grrr! For chua, those furry rodents, scars can still exist! Even show up as bald patches.
  19. t209

t209 Cupcake

Goddang for the fact that I made an exile character before that update. Oh well, there's another server and probably go with engineer (I tried the warrior but Melee doesn't suit me and I prefer two handed ranged weapons). I just want him to be a veteran Drop Trooper with scars or tattoos.
  20. Cogburn

Cogburn Cupcake-About-Town

All I really want is full leaf/ rock beards for Granok. The cuurent choices do not count as beards to me.