1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Fun with Body Types

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Ianpact, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Felion

Felion Cupcake-About-Town

You can create toons of both factions on the same server... :p But yes I went with another server for the opposite faction, because this way my characters on the same server can mail things and money back and forth... Good for testing out trading skills and whatnot!
  2. Norlamin

Norlamin Cupcake

I was perfectly fine with the old models before, as in, before boobgate, so I do hope those return as one of the staples, can't really see why they wouldn't. I'd also be perfectly fine if there's just a 1-4 same body types, copy pasted between all the sexes/races, kind of the way SWTOR did it, except make the males chubbier like the females, instead of full on ham planet, morbidly obese.

I've always been one for making my characters try to make sense, as in, casters more frail and agile, and melee more rugged and strong, it's going to stand true for what I hope to see for the new hairstyles/body types.

Body Types
    1. Female Athletic Body types for some Female Races

I say this for some, because I feel some deserve more of a muscular, atheletic body type more than others. For instance, the two big ones I'd like to see this for are Female Draken and Granok. From a lore standpoint, and just a visual standpoint, they're supposed to be just like their male counterparts, in regards to the Draken, more Savage and Feral and in regards to the Granok, Strong and Thickheaded. I think their bodies should reflect that, if a gal is going to be out waving a huge sword or weaving in and out of combat, constantly dodging and rolling around, this coupled with the distinct heavyset traits of their male counterparts, the females need something to show for it. Make the bodies thicker, and show more muscle definition around key areas like the arms, stomach and thighs. Tone down the plot a bit, as well as the backstory. Overall, make a girl who looks like she can physically kick your ass.

2. Male Slender/Feminine Body types for some Male Races

Right now, Aurin males are really the only ones with a really more slender, more frail body type. I think by giving this, or a similar body type to some of the other male races, could really improve certain looks. For instance, make a more slender, frail looking Draken, coupled with some of the face options could make one look more crazy or psychotic, maybe even starved. I think a slender, feminine and frail body type could work well with everything outside of the Granok, for some reason, at least to me, Male Granok and Female Granok need to stay in the bigger, plus sizes. A slender, more frail Mordesh coupled with some of the skin tones and faces could make an even more zombified, malnourished Mordesh type character.

These two types of body types, are really all I care about seeing, for my tastes at least.

Hair Styles
    1. More long haired options for all Races/Sexes

I'm going to be completely biased, because I can't stand short hair, but I'd love to see more long hair styled options for ALL races. Some have more than others, and even if it's just a quick swap from one race to another, I'd be fine with it. I'd love to see some long leaf or vine hairstyles for both Male and Female Granok. Two for females is not nearly enough, and the Males choices are extremely lackluster and boring, give a male Granok some Vine Dreads or a Vine Fro, give the Females a more untamed, crazy long, borderline amazon vine dreads that go past her neck. Male Aurin have some great choices for hair styles, maybe give some of these, minus the flowers to the Male Draken, for instance, the one that covers the Male Aurins face, make it longer and shaggier and would look great on an unkempt feral Male Draken. Both Mordesh sexes could do well with having a ponytail hair option for both, whether it'd be with wires, or hair, or even a mix of the two.

I could be here all night ranting about this stuff, but this is pretty much the stuff I mostly want but probably won't see. Going to have to wait and see on Friday if any dreams come true!
  3. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

you cannot however create characters of both factions on PvP Servers. because stuff and things.
  4. Felion

Felion Cupcake-About-Town

Oh I see, that makes sense... :D
  5. Tribe

Tribe Well-Known Cupcake

... to foster a stronger sense of us vs. them. Or, at least until someone creates a cross faction communication add-on.

What is your personal opinion on the issue?
  6. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

well, i put "stuff and things" because i didn't wanna go into it at that point in time ;-)

I'm find with the restriction on PvP servers - makes sense to me really.
  7. coolster50

coolster50 Cupcake

Isn't this a thread about Body Customization options?

Anywho, I have no idea how I would use the body customization sliders. To be honest, Wildstar is the first game that I have ever used sliders
  8. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

no sliders here though. its body type choices.
  9. coolster50

coolster50 Cupcake

Oh, must've read the patch notes wrong