1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Game not for sale in stores

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by John, Jun 3, 2014.

1. John

John "That" Cupcake

Went around to Walmart, Target, Bestbuy and didn't find it for sale. There was no empty spaces on the shelves where the game would have been either or any sign of advertising.

I did find a single copy on a shelf at gamestop, it was in a stack of other assorted titles. Kinda disappointing that these places aren't carrying it for launch.

Makes me wonder if Carbine isn't going to do any serious marketing until they get more bugs worked out. Let the hardcore fans endure the growing pains and then expand it to the general public.
  2. RavenWind

RavenWind Well-Known Cupcake

Haven't been to any of the stores, but all of those, save Wally-Mart, show as having the hard media available to purchase when you search online.
  3. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

There really isn't all that many bugs. If I were to guess its more related to NcSoft seeing the huge response that Gw2 got through online sales and choosing not to go the hardcopy option as much as possible.
    Kataryna likes this.
  4. Shug

Shug New Cupcake

Walmart in my town has copies. It is very inconspicuous though.
  5. Benevon

Benevon Cupcake-About-Town

Carbine hasn't really seemed too big on mass marketing. They've said before that they want to grow the game organically.

As for box sales, I don't see much of a point anymore. The brick and mortar angle for PC games has dwindled so much thanks to digital downloads (steam especially). And it cuts back on the costs of producing physical copies, as well as being more "green".
    Afrotech likes this.
  6. Mr_Stigga

Mr_Stigga New Cupcake

You can buy WildStar in shops in the UK, But I don't know anyone who has. I got it direct from carbine because I live in a small town and the nearest game shop if a bus journey away. So it was just easier for me to get it the internet. You can also buy game time cards from store in the UK
  7. 1ManArmada

1ManArmada New Cupcake

I actually had to look for WildStar in Walmart as well & there was only like 3 copies in a small area.

NOTHING like how GuildWars2 was sold.