1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Games to play until release?

Discussion in 'Gaming Arena' started by Tumio, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Groossum

Groossum Cupcake-About-Town

Been in Eso beta...got the T-shirt...meh (didn't even go back on last two invites). Now playing D3 loot 2.0 til Reaper is out. In May, Watch dogs and of course all beta week-ends in WS (after preorder) and early acces and so on...Rocket house!
  2. Dirty Outlaw

Dirty Outlaw Cupcake-About-Town

Now that the cat is out of the bag and Wildstar has a date I guess its pretty much finish south park (almost done btw which sucks game is way too short still awesome though). Preorder ofc and unsub wow so I don't pay too much (already paid 60 bucks for SP and gonna pay that much again for WS, thank god for tax returns).

Though weekends would be covered but weekdays let's see after march wow is out. Really can't buy another game, D3 maybe or SC2 hmm swtor?
  3. jedc22

jedc22 New Cupcake

whats the date for WS release? ive only heard sometime this spring so far.
  4. Dirty Outlaw

jedc22 likes this.
  5. Fishsticks

Fishsticks Cupcake-About-Town

P
    Picked up Titanfall. If you like CoD you'll like this. I'm more of a Quake and Counter-Strike player so this hasn't really done it for me.

For those of you interested:
    Pros: parkour is fun, game is smooth, titans are pretty sweet, riding on titans and jumping on stuff is fun too, double jump and dash are a nice touch

Cons: no single player (not just no campaign, but also no way to practice, or you know, just look around the freaking map so I know where the hell im going next time), cant turn off the mentally challenged AI bots that just get in the way and make things chaotic, no auto-team balance....really?

Neutral: Combat is standard CoD fare (not my favorite, but people like it), no recoil! I like it! some people dont, MAP DESIGN - This is my big one as some people love them but I find them to be far too cluttered and mashed together - I can barely see wtf is going on most of the time - this is personal preference toward the "clean" feel of older maps though so it's in neutral

TL/DR: Think CoD + Warframe +Mechs = 7/10 game. Honestly if the game was $20-40 I would tell everyone to get it, but at $60 it's really just not worth it imo - I'd rather just go play warframe or quake live.
  6. ImpactHound

ImpactHound Cupcake-About-Town

reviews like this were what I was fearing, and encouraging me to wait. I'd like to play it, but no so badly that I'll pay full price or dealing with Origin. I was perfectly happy to wait on Left 4 Dead 2 for 5 bucks for example.

Maybe a half a year down the road it'll have more meaningful features and content built on what's already there.
    Fishsticks likes this.
  7. BlueDragon18

BlueDragon18 Cupcake-About-Town

What a delightful description. I couldn't agree more. There's really no way to describe it.

So, does anyone have a game to suggest?
  8. ImpactHound

ImpactHound Cupcake-About-Town

D3's quite fun, moreso with active friends in voice chat with you. If you don't already have it, the base game is $20 now, and the expac next week is $40
  9. Omerta

Omerta New Cupcake

I did the eso beta over the weekend. Played for a bit. deleted it. and went back. There is something there. That feeling of almost creating your own class and a bit of open-worldiness. I don't really see the need for multi though. It just made me want to dig up my old copy of Morrowind.
  10. Infamouz

Infamouz Well-Known Cupcake

Bought my self Civilization Complete edition from steam, should keep me busy for some time. ^^
  11. Fishsticks

Only game still worth the price years later imo :D just played a game with my roomie yesterday when LoL went down. Brave New World is a fantastic expansion if you havent played it btw
  12. Laban

Laban Cupcake-About-Town

Mostly Dota 2, but lately I've been enjoying Diablo 3 again so I'll play the expansion when it hits next week.
  13. Fishsticks

Ohhh ohh report back when you do! Considering getting it myself
  14. Dirty Outlaw

Hopefully its good after playing the normal game, it made rather play torchlight 2.

if its good I might get it as well funny though it will the first thing I spent any money on for D3 though ha.

Right now my wallet took a hit today with the wildstar preorder at their site so no game buying for me for a bit. at least till end of april with south park and this game spent way too much in a month.
  15. Voison

Voison Moderator • Foxy Cupcake

Currently playing Aura Kingdom while waiting for Wildstar.
  16. Infamouz

Infamouz Well-Known Cupcake

Yeah I bought the Civilization 5: Complete edition from Steam. I am having quite of a blast with the game, tho I am a horrible newb in it. Culture victories especially can be hard, the fine balance between culture vs. not being a easy pray for AIs. Just checked steam, and I've played Civ 5 for eight hours per day since I got the game, damn it´s addicting.. "Just one turn more".. :)
  17. Konoko

Konoko Cupcake-About-Town

The only game I play at all right now is Vindictus and that gets boring fast .. so.. I dunno..
  18. Mark Boyer

Mark Boyer New Cupcake

I'm playing Dragon's Prophet...the dragons are cool and its quite fun to see your dragon kicking you know what. They have a 20 man raid which is quite fun. Max lvl is 94...free to dl and ftp...and best part is i can play during the week and play WS on the weekends...win win for me..SOE..sad face about SOE and their stupid SC tho :-(...but IF you buy a card at wal-mart you get 2000 SC for 15 bucks...if you go tot heir cash shop you get 1500 for 15 bucks...they dont have a $20.00 option :-( so get yer SC card at Wal-Mart..or dont buy SC at all...
  19. Fishsticks

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY

20. Konoko

Konoko Cupcake-About-Town

LoL = boing
    Dota = boring
    SWTOR = poor pvp
    Tera = no end game content, bad community
    Vindictus = endless instance running = boring zzzzzzz...
    C9 = poorly implemented keybinds or lack thereof
    TESO = Not sure on this one.. verdict is still out.
    Dragon's Prophet = Pay2Win or at the very least Pay2 not pull your hair out due to lack of sufficient game playability that doesn't suck.
    Guild Wars 2= Cosmetic gear as a PvP motivational factor just does not work.
    Diablo III = boring
    EQNext Landmark = horrible building tools that require a lot of self devised half ass'd hacks to do what should be out of the box functionality (curved surfaces? Cylinders? etc..)
    NeverWinter = Lack of the big world feel (camera view distance too limiting), cannot freely walk between sections.

Games that are worth playing:
    Lineage II
    World of Warcraft
    ArcheBlade
    Rift