1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Gamescom 2011 Here We Come!

Discussion in 'Community News' started by Mr.Mike, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Mr.Mike

Mr.Mike Original Founder

[​IMG]

Carbine Central will be attending gamescom in Cologne, Germany!

Are you excited yet? Well you should be, because this is what we've all been so patiently waiting so long for - Carbine Studios to announce their top secret MMO! Carbine Central will be there in person bringing you all the tantalising news and information, plus anything else we can get our hands on.... legally of course. Although, I cannot promise I won't pull a George Costanza and push every man, woman, child and invalid person out of my way to get to the Carbine booth first.

If you haven't already, make sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter to get live updates from gamescom!

Tell us what your looking forward to the most or hoping what we'll find out at gamescom? Also are there any questions you would like us to ask while we're there?
    Scrawny and Ekhael like this.
  2. Ekhael

Ekhael Founding Member

Aw man so jealous! I feel that their are 100 questions you should ask but i can't really think of anything that most likely will get answered or won't get answered even if you ask it :p
  3. Aether

Aether Community Director/Producer

I dunno... if MistaMike were to collect some questions to ask, we just might entertain the idea of providing some answers. ;)

Best,
    Troy
    Sonntam, Brotoi, aspira and 2 others like this.
  4. Ekhael

Ekhael Founding Member

O snap, alright I'll leave this post for questions that I come up with

- Will there be a dedicated Australian (or this side of the world) server?
    - How close is the current game to the one that was originally conceived?
    - As this is a new IP how much of the story will be conveyed through the game as opposed to external mediums e.g blizzard have wow novels and comics, firefall will have a manga etc. will carbine do something similar?
    - Then the obvious two; what payment model will carbine use and when's the release date :p

Edit: (thought of some more)

- How static will the economy be? As in will certain goods be worth more in different regions of the game, other goods be illegal to trade in others and have to be traded elsewhere etc.
    - From the little hints that have been dropped and interviews one theme that keeps appearing is the integration of social media sites into the game. What are your plans with them in game?
    MistaMike likes this.
  5. aspira

aspira Founding Member

These are top of my list.

Additionally to these, being a diehard PvPer, all my questions would revolve around PvP, but I'm not sure if Carbine will have started to look at PvP yet, if they have I can provide some questions. :)
    MistaMike likes this.
  6. Incan

Incan Founding Member

I doubt they announce a release date at GamesCon but... there are ways to bypass : How far advanced are you in the development of the game?

How will be the world ? A seamless one or a more instantiated one?

Can we get an overview of background of the game? What's "the big story" in there, if there's one?

Will there be different factions and if yes, how many ?

EDIT : almost forgot the more important one : what's the name of the game ? :p
    MistaMike likes this.
  7. goto

goto New Cupcake

Some questions (I repeat some already asked):

- Will it be instanced per zone or be a big seamless continent? Is phasing utilized?

- Which age groups does it target? Is the game suitable for an adult mmo player.

- It has been in development for atleast 6 years and seen some employee turnover. Has the target shifted? Where were they heading? Where are they heading?

- Is the game tilted towards solo-players or multi-players?

- What elements will group combat mechanics involve?

- Are there any defining features that will ensure its longevity?
    MistaMike likes this.
  8. Proper

Proper Founding Member

-What are the playable races and classes? (since some may be newly created, can you describe them?)
    -What is crafting like?
    -Are there any plans to make a shardless server?
    MistaMike likes this.
  9. Brotoi

Brotoi Cupcake-About-Town

Some folks love PvP, I hate it. Can I hunt monsters, craft, and trade without worrying about getting ganked?
    MistaMike likes this.
  10. Mr.Mike

Mr.Mike Original Founder

Spaceships have been confirmed in an old interview, so will there be space combat and will we be able to travel to different planets or even galaxies?

How will players be able to advance their characters and feel unique from every other player?

Can we assume there will be a diplomacy system in the game, since Steve Williams who developed the diplomacy system in Vanguard: Saga of Heroes was working at Carbine up until late last year?

Is the game skills or stats based?

How will story driven content affect the players character and will their choices affect the world around them?

Will there be Live GM events?
  11. QZX

QZX New Cupcake

My dream come true.

- Will I be able to explore the space on the same ship with my friends? Or each player must have a separate ship?

- How big will be the world?
  12. souper

souper Founding Member

• What does your game offer to the MMO genre that others do not?
    • Do you guys take extra consideration in developing for a particular audience or do you consider your game to have global appeal regardless?

I'm excited for all the news that will come out of Gamescon. Make sure you bring your camera!
  13. Lucas

Lucas Cupcake

Heya :)

First, I would like to echo a question that it has already been posted, which is ideally mine too:

- How close is the current game to the one that was originally conceived? (originally asked by Ekhael) ; especially considering how long you guys have been in "stealth mode" ;) ;

- Shall we expect a traditional "theme park" approach? (rigid level progression, zone-to-zone, gear based etc.), or are you guys mixing it up more for this game? ;

- Dunno if the focus has shifted from that, but I remember that you guys mentioned this game would be heavily story-driven: should we expect something akin to what Bioware is trying to do with their upcoming SWTOR? (with your own flavour and differences, of course).

Thanks!
    -------

Regarding more specific aspects of the gameplay, lore and business model, I'm sure you will gear up the info once you finally reveal the game at Gamescom, so I'll eagerly await for more after the Show :)
  14. Ekhael

Ekhael Founding Member

Oooo an expansion on Lucas's question about story it was mentioned in an earlier interview that the main single player story arc wouldn't be accessed until max level is that something that is still in game?
  15. Mef

Mef Founding Member

For the record:
    The NCSoft press conference will start on Wednesday, August 17 at 9:00 CEST (3AM EST).
    It will be open to the press only and they are expected to announce Carbine's MMO in this press conference.
  16. Craiger

Craiger New Cupcake

Do we (the fans) have to wait longer to see the MMO ?
  17. aspira

aspira Founding Member

Gates are open to the public on Thursday, so I would assume Thursday at the latest if they don't release the information publicly on the Wednesday.
  18. Mef

Mef Founding Member

Maybe some site will stream the press conference live...
    We will definitely hear from games magazines about everything they revealed in the press conference and I guess Carbine will launch their game's web site simultaneously to the announcement.
  19. Flint

Flint Cupcake

Questions:

-What type of combat can we expect to find in your game?

-Ninja's or Pirate's?
  20. Mef

Mef Founding Member

Or Ninjas or Pirates? :p
    Flint likes this.