1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Gamescom 2011 Here We Come!

Discussion in 'Community News' started by Mr.Mike, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Jive

Jive New Cupcake

My list of "Seemingly Pointless" questions,

Can you jump in game?

Does eating and drinking effect your character?

Is there going to be a large focus on social interaction?
  2. Mr.Mike

Mr.Mike Original Founder

I'll be attending the event, so I'll try and get approval to release as much news, photos and videos as I can to you guys.
    Scrawny likes this.
  3. Flint

Flint Cupcake

You'll try?

That's not good enough darn tootin'!

-;)
    aspira likes this.
  4. Scrawny

Scrawny Cupcake

I may be wrong, but there is speculation that you can double jump. On the food and social interaction I have no idea. I have no proof of the double jump, just from the game play video and comments.
  5. souper

souper Founding Member

Yeah, there is double jumping. The human guy does a front flip!
    Scrawny likes this.
  6. Robeardo

Robeardo Former Carbine Alumni

A happy world with vinyl figures and insane people
    You are correct, souper - Characters can not only jump, they can double jump :)
    Scrawny likes this.
  7. gyves

gyves Cupcake

Just signed up. Completely surprised this site was created as early as it was! After hearing who the staff were at Carbine, I've been waiting for this MMO to be revealed for so long. I completely had no idea anyone had a clue until yesterday.

Anyway, I clearly saw double jumping in gameplay videos that have been released. Don't forget though, that in one clip you see a Spellslinger jump onto an ice crystal and it bounces him a bit. My question is, will there be platforming in this game? Very few MMOs have had platforming elements, some the staff may have worked on. I would be excited to find out this title is expanding on that.
  8. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

I actually saw some footage of what I presume to be someone on an Explorer Path activating a route up a stone spire that seemed very platform-y since going of the edge would probably result in a bit of a fall.

Yes, here we are...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSQCOOYRO2g&feature=player_detailpage#t=231s
  9. Immaculata

Immaculata Cupcake

*waves to Aether* hey you ^.^ Following you from great game to great game, haha! Did you see my Twitter posts today? It was a list of things I'd love to see in Wildstar.

@CRB_Aether #Wildstar Wants for Wildstar: Vibrant character creation, appearance tab, land vehicles, flying vehicles (mounts?), continued

- meaningful PVP, zones of control, bonuses due to control ie; lower NPC prices, exp bonus etc, player skill over gear

- Space or atmospheric combat, space stations, giant spaceships, big scary space critters/aliens, archaeology, crafting

- more than one dance emote, socials lots of socials, character idles, rename game currency (copper was non immersive) instanced and non instanced world dungeons, meaningful guild system, customizable UI, no reuse of art assets ie: mobs