1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Gamescom Thread

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by binzer, Aug 20, 2013.

1. binzer

binzer Cupcake

Happy Gamescom everyone!

I imagine that over the next few days there will be all sorts of Wildstar tidbits to discover, not only through official Carbine venues, but also via 3rd party news sites, twitter, youtube, etc. I don't know if the people who try the demo are allowed to take video, but lets hope they are!

Anyways, if you come across anything, post it here so we can all obsess together :)

There isn't much yet of course, but here's another angle of the Wildstar booth (courtesy of Chad Moore @Pappylicious). [​IMG]
    Arawulf, Veneska, Nearo and 7 others like this.
  2. Chrilin

Chrilin Cupcake-About-Town

3. Habanero

Habanero New Cupcake

the giant redhaired cutie - Draken or male Aurin?

looks like a male Aurin to me
  4. Yowser

Yowser Cupcake

Mau
    Its a Male Aurin
  5. Ianpact

Ianpact Cupcake-About-Town

Looks like a cross breed. At first glance the human nature makes it's aurin but then you see the ears are on the side and it looks like there are some horns on top, though they seem to be off to the side. Also, the teeth appear more draken to me but maybe I'm just looking to hard at this. Lastly there appear to be tattoos or at least body paint which I believe is a draken thing, as well.

NEED DEV CONFIRMATION! :roflamo:
  6. Mukesh

Mukesh Cupcake

Based on the horns, teeth, tats, and war paint, I'd say draken. Setup looks pretty sweet.
  7. binzer

binzer Cupcake

I'm pretty sure he's Aurin. The whites of is eyes are actually white, and his hands are way too pretty for Draken. Plus, I don't see any horns? I think that one thing poking up in the back is the tip of tail? Not really sure. The ears make me doubt myself, but I'm still gonna go with Aurin. Either that, or Aurin/Draken/Human mutt (which is certainly preferable to a Chua/Mordesh hybrid).
    Afrotech likes this.
  8. mykx

mykx New Cupcake

Cannot wait to see how the game is coming along.
  9. Tribe

Tribe Well-Known Cupcake

puts on lore hat, and adjusts it to be just off center

Mordesh cannot reproduce.

And shame on you for talking about undead Chua already. Carbine was saving that juicy tidbit for an expansion. I guess the cat's out of the bag now.:(
    binzer likes this.
  10. binzer

binzer Cupcake

Cannot reproduce...currently. Maybe the hybrids were created before the Mordesh were infected. Or...if you take a Chua and infect it with the Mordesh "virus"...what does it become? Or...maybe there was a disaster in a lab, involving a Mordesh scientist and a lab "rat". Or...maybe the Chua's genderless reproductive voodoo magic is the only thing that will allow Mordesh to procreate. Talk about dirty little secrets!

You're right though, undead Chua should probably be on the list of prohibited topics.
  11. Mukesh

Mukesh Cupcake

12. Warslyfe

Warslyfe Cupcake

Maybe the display is double sided and there's something (like a draken) on the back, hence the horns.
    Kataryna and Dalejm545 like this.
  13. Azzizabiz

Azzizabiz Cupcake

Let me start by emphatically stating: I am hoping you are correct in the strongest way possible.

That said, is there something in the tweet or the booth picture that i'm just not seeing that makes you think the class reveal will be tomorrow?
    John likes this.
  14. Mukesh

Mukesh Cupcake

Look at about 10 tweets down in the conversation. Someone asks about the weapon in the Mechari's hands. Then the dev responds very conspicuously. He makes another similar comment here:
    https://twitter.com/Pappylicious/statuses/369853303363862528
  15. binzer

binzer Cupcake

I personally think we will see class reveals sooner rather than later. Maybe I'm just an optimist, but I think the new classes will be playable along with the Chua/Mordesh races (we've already seen quite a bit of low level play with the other classes). Since there is no panel that would facilitate a class announcement at a specific date or time, it makes more sense that they would reveal a class (or classes) tomorrow and let the demoing begin! Plus, tomorrow is Wildstar Wednesday :) If not tomorrow, I wouldn't be surprised if we had to wait until PAX.
  16. Azzizabiz

Azzizabiz Cupcake

Hmmmmm. I hope you're right! That would be awesome! :D Too much awesome stuff in the gaming world right now. Wildstar reveals (and a likely expansion announcement for XCOM: EU) at Gamescom, Rome 2: Total War soon, Hex, and Hearthstone all have me chomping at the bit and they all have stuff going on right now! It's some serious overload.

If they do announce the final classes at Gamescom, maybe I can finally decide on what i'll be playing!
  17. Baconwich

Baconwich Cupcake

Unless the Mechari is holding some kind of blunt blade weapon(or a fist weapon?) and it's a Stalker, I'd say new class, since they look more like some kind of dual guns, and Mechari can't be Spellslingers.
  18. binzer

binzer Cupcake

If you go to this thread on the class forum, it looks quite similar to what we see in the "alchemist" photos that were posted.
  19. Baconwich

Baconwich Cupcake

That'
    That's a Youtube link. =P
  20. binzer

binzer Cupcake

Oops, failed copy. Here you go, although you probably found it on your own already.