1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Gamescon High level gameplay video

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Dyraele, Aug 27, 2011.

1. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

Maybe I just missed it, and I know they are at PAX now, but I say this video from Gamescon that I thought was interesting:

Akhrin, Ekhael, Celsus and 2 others like this.
  2. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

It's a bit disingenuous to call this video "high level" gameplay - it's merely the ending of the gameplay showcased at gamescom/PAX (level 6) and is a solo-able Boss. (apparently there was a timer on how long you could play so not many people would have got this far).

The brief glimpse at the end is a Level 6-12 area called Algaroth (not on the show floor) but we barely see more than a few tree and structures.
  3. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

Yes, after seeing it and then seeing other videos later, I am not sure why they called it high level. I was a little bummed after seeing other videos that had similar content.
  4. Autumnal

Autumnal Cupcake-About-Town

"Hahahaha! I am level 6! I PWN! All you level 5's are noobs! I rule this game, muah-ha-ha-ha-ha!"

As if.
  5. Brotoi

Brotoi Cupcake-About-Town

lol Media hype and spin are not the sole possession of MSNBC, folks. Game reviewers are often just as guilty as other journalists of talking big and walking small. Personally, I chuckled at the "high-level" title and then forgot about it. The video was still interesting and informative.

Unfortunately, honesty in journalism has never, ever been a realistic expectation. Every journalist in every organization is more than happy to exaggerate a bit (or even make up a few facts along the way!) if they think it will help lift their article above the fray. Game reporters, included.
  6. aspira

aspira Founding Member

Exactly this.

This was an instance (or second area) after the initial zone you were placed in during the demo. You were like level 6 when you were here and you had to fight your way through a camp, defeat a giant robot at the end, then escape to safety on ships.

It was a really fun ending to the demo and made you be like "GIVE MORE!!!!" when you finished it.