1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Gaming Mouse

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Arx, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Arx

Arx New Cupcake

I'm not coordinated enough to double tap WASD constantly to dodge out of telegraphs while fighting in PvE. I have a gaming mouse with four buttons to be mashed by the thumb. If I program these to dodge in the four main directions, will this be enough to keep me safe in PvE? Or will I still have to use WASD for fine-tuning movement to get out of more advanced telegraphs?

Thanks!
  2. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

That would work, but what keys are you binding for using your abilities? Especially things like reactive procs.
  3. Arx

Arx New Cupcake

I'd use the keyboard for hotbar buttons.
  4. Muska Killz

Muska Killz New Cupcake

There is where mice like the "Razer Naga" wins.
  5. RavenWind

RavenWind Well-Known Cupcake

You can also define Key Combos for Dodge instead of double tapping. For example ALT+D to dodge Right. You could then use the ALT key (or whatever key) on your free hand coupled with the mouse binding you already have.
  6. calebrus

calebrus Cupcake-About-Town

First, disable double tap to dash.
    Secondly, you only need one dash keybind. Look for Directional Dash and bind that one. Whichever way you're moving, it dashes you that direction. I have it bound to mouse scroll wheel tilt right (which emulates [ on my mouse, which in turn is what I keybound to Directional Dash in game) , so a quick movement of my finger about a quarter of an inch does the trick.
    w + tilt right = dash forward, a + tilt right = dash left, etc
    Then you can use the other three buttons on your mouse to keybind various other things.

And for Muska, I hate the Naga. I use a Logitech g700.
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2014