1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Gearing and "rareness"

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by kredes, Aug 5, 2013.

1. kredes

kredes New Cupcake

So, is there any news on gearing and the rareness of items, such ass Trash, Common, Rare, epic and so on?

I have tried to search, but can't really see anything about it yet.. maybe it's just me?

I would really like to know if there are tier sets and legendary-like items!
  2. Rentah

Rentah Cupcake-About-Town

Thats information that is way over beta and tease info.Thats like saying how much currency you pick up average per kill on lvl 50. I'd say. Wait and see. Such things is supposed to be a seeking players treasure. if i put myself right
  3. Eternalfootman

Eternalfootman Cupcake-About-Town

4. Revoltech

Revoltech Cupcake

I'm pretty sure they haven't released information about that..But again, I may be wrong. I really hope they add Rareness to loot and gear and I'm sure they will :).
  5. CRB_Gortok

CRB_Gortok Carbine Econ Designer

We are talking currently about rolling Legendary and Artifact into the regular progression.
    Nearo and Xalon like this.
  6. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

Please don't. Rift sucked for that very reason.
  7. CRB_Gortok

CRB_Gortok Carbine Econ Designer

I doubt that any game sucked for one reason alone.
    Nearo, Tribe, Xalon and 3 others like this.
  8. Livnthedream

Yes, that was a horrible generalization. They made legendary silly though by making them commonplace. Much like how WoW effectively turned blues into epics (and made everyone who wanted "epics" happy) in Bc, Rift stripped the meaning of legendary. The fact that anyone could just go clear the first raid and receive 2 makes them blase.
  9. Convicted

Convicted Super Cupcake

Those have different meanings across different games, see Gaffneys clarification where he said Legendary meant epic in wow terms, so you might want to clarify those 2 labels and "regular progression" .... meaning raids, solo, crafting, or all of the above.

You guys start this vague <REDACTED> on purpose.....damn trolls. ;)
    Livnthedream likes this.
  10. Xevius

Xevius Cupcake

So, they're basically changing the names.

Confusion.

Need clarification.

I was going to say, even if they decide to roll Legendary and Artifact items into progression, I imagine they're going to be extremely hard-to-get shiny loots.
  11. Infraynor

Infraynor New Cupcake

What are all the rarities going to be? Is there no epic, replaced by legendary?
  12. Arkot

Arkot New Cupcake

"We are talking currently about rolling Legendary and Artifact into the regular progression."

I love this personally, assuming the rarity level of these items is very high. Should there be items in the game so rare that no one ever finds it? Absolutely, why not. Just a couple of pieces that are there specifically to drive players to get out in the world, farm a little, dream a little....I think it's a healthy amount of carrot that makes a game exciting to me. Yes I'm a little bit of a loot whore and love the shinies but I think we all give in to that temptation occasionally.
    Nearo, Booze Carbine and kredes like this.
  13. Gunghoe

Gunghoe Cupcake-About-Town

Because though, if they implement this drop chance people will cry for a higher one (nearly like all diablo like games) If they implement that to the drops, they need to keep a firm stance on rarity/drop rate at launch. AND NOT CAVE.
    Jephilos and Nearo like this.
  14. Inukeu

Inukeu Well-Known Cupcake

I wuddnt mind drops rates being slightly higher then the norm in Wildstar given that alot of attributes can be randomized, locked and non optimised untill you get all the chips/power you want and the specific roll you want on the item it could be useless for your specific build/role

and thinking about that I wuddnt be surprised if there was even legendary/Artifact etc chips and sets of chips with there own requirements
    Gronky likes this.
  15. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

It was a horrible generalisation, Rift had plenty of flaws to accompany the abundance of epic items. I will agree as well though, the first tier end boss dropping legionaries was very strange, especially when it wasn't a rare drop, oh and there was one legendary for each class. Why not just make them some really good end epics?
    Livnthedream likes this.
  16. salazar

salazar Cupcake-About-Town

relic in rift is just a different thing that legendary in wow. In vanilla wow epics were mainly seen on raiders. In rift relics served that role, nothing crazy about it imo.
  17. Rek

Rek Cupcake-About-Town

I always wished the legendary weapons would be available to more classes at once. Certain classes or specs would go expansions without one. Then they just become for show.

I say make them near impossible to get but make one for each weapon type. I don't expect to earn one but would like to see a variety of them.
  18. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

My memory may be failing me here, but Greenscale dropped Legendary weapons and one for each class, as well as giving the quest reward weapon (pre nerf when the entire raid got the quest item). My point is that if you're going to make something like that so easy to get and lacking in uniqueness it shouldn't really be of a greater quality than Epic. It can still have great stats, but save those additional rarities for those truly iconic items.
    Livnthedream likes this.
  19. kredes

kredes New Cupcake

well to me, at least, items and looting is a very important part of an MMO. so im really excited about what CRB_Gortok is telling us! hopefully, they will be very rare.. i don't like the idea of all players running around with legendary. As the word 'legendary' kinda says, it shouldn't be available to all! it's something you should really use a lot of time on getting!

I hope we will see Common, Blue/green, Blue/green(rare), Epic, Legendary..

Well, clearly some has a few answers on it ;)

:: Please keep on topic, i wasn't really interested in hearing about RIFT ::
  20. Livnthedream

Whether you wanted to hear about Rift or not, as soon as Gortak made that statement its where the conversation turns for me, and apparently, many others. Much of the raiding there was very well done. Hammerknell was as good or better than most of WoW's raid content for example. But sticking relic items on a vendor destroyed the "amazeballs!" feeling one should be getting from them. Just like how epics have lost its meaning due to making them pervasive.

Blizzard has talked about that too, using the argument that with how many more people there are making it into raids now that there would be an abundance of purples. I do not buy it. There was a reason that many people (I among them) downgraded well itemized blues for poorly itemized t1. Epics had prestige tied to them. Much of the value we tie to objects is in how hard they are to acquire, or how rare they are. Spectral Tiger is an excellent example. Most people did not care about how it really looked, its the fact that no one had one.