1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Going with WildStar over ESO

Discussion in 'Personal Introductions' started by InvisibleSpaceZombie, Apr 1, 2014.

1. InvisibleSpaceZombie

InvisibleSpaceZombie New Cupcake

I was following ESO for several months before its release, and I was always torn between in and WildStar. I ended up pre-ordering ESO when it was announced, but 1 day before my Early Access was to start, I cancelled the pre-order and decided to with WildStar.

I'm pretty happy with my choice now that it's been made. I think ESO is just too serious for the kind of gaming that MMOs entail.

I can't wait to join my fellow Exiles in June.
    Iymala, Niliana and Kataryna like this.
  2. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

from your name - you going to go Exile, Mordesh, Stalker?
  3. InvisibleSpaceZombie

InvisibleSpaceZombie New Cupcake

Indeed. I was torn between an Engineer and Stalker, but decided to go with Batman/Wolverine/Predator, haha. I think I'll be a tank if it's viable.
    Kataryna likes this.
  4. Niliana

Niliana Cupcake

ESO just didn't catch my attention and I'm usually a huge fan of that genre of mmo. Elves and medieval fantasy are my girly wet dream. But I've been following wildstar for a few months now and I can't wait until it's released. I played some beta and I'm hooked! Glad to have another Wildstar fan amongst us :)
  5. Verilyn

Verilyn Cupcake

I've met so many people who prefer Wildstar over ESO.
    Yet all of my close friends are buying ESO.
    Time to make new friends. :laugh:
    Inukeu and Kataryna like this.
  6. Skreamed

Skreamed New Cupcake

I have decided to miss ESO in favour of Wildstar too, I simply dont have enough time for multiple mmo's, and ESO just hasnt caught me. Now I just need to convince my brother-in-law and a bunch of my rl and online mates to join me!
  7. Thrumdi

Thrumdi New Cupcake

Well, I think we`ll soon be joined by those who chose ESO over W* anyways.

Caveat emptor!
  8. Drarorm

Drarorm Cupcake-About-Town

I have hold back from pre-ordering WoD and ESO because of W*, feel good about my choice, anticipating June ^_^.
    Oh! And welcome to the WSC, wish you fun times here :D!
  9. Voison

Voison Moderator • Foxy Cupcake

Welcome. :)
  10. Hugmymagic

Hugmymagic New Cupcake

To start I have played MMO's for the last 15 years or so I understand the MMO mechanics pretty well IMHO =)...

I played ESO beta and pre-ordered for the 5 day early access (mainly because I really enjoyed Skyrim but ESO AINT Skyrim). It's fun (because it's new) but seems to be quit boring for the most part with most all in game chat crying about the bugs, (normal in ALL new MMO releases), the trolling, the already spamming for "CHEAP GOLD at www.@#$!!#@!", and for hells sake the damn "race to 50" <REDACTED>. Holy cow and all the references to WoW...

I'll be playing ESO during the week ONLY because I can't play Wild Star but I have already pre-ordered the Digital Deluxe Edition of WS and set up my monthly account because WS is WAY MORE FUN!!

I still try and double jump in ESO lol.

So far the solo playing is a blast in WS, and the same ol' bore in EOS. Group playing and trying to level with others in WS is a bit more difficult and slower than ESO because of the different paths each player has BUT the playing style and overall game of WS makes it all worth it!

Just my 2 cents and if you see me, Hugmymagic, in either Wild Star or ESO, please say "hi". I'm always wanting to game with mature people who are playing to have fun, not racing to level as fast as they can to be the first to get to end game content.

Thanks for reading =)

Hugmymagic
    Inukeu likes this.