1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Grab a Card and Pass It On! A WildStar Community Initiative

Discussion in 'Community News' started by Zap-Robo, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

Hey all,

This year at the WildStar booth for PAX East 2013, I produced a pile of business cards to highlight the WildStar Community. Carbine were excited enough by the concept to actually hand them out both at the booth and at the Curse After Party. These cards showed new prospective players where the community is!

Front
    Business_Card_Front.png
    Back
    Business_Card_Back.png
    Now it's your turn! Do you want some of this cards to hand out in your neighbourhood? At a local convention or gaming event? Then WSC can supply you with them! For a small postage donation we'll send you a dozen cards (or more if you need them - ask about availability).​
    The cards are glossy on the front and matte on the back. The QR Code links to the Community Fansite Listing here on WSC but otherwise features the URL's for WildStar Central, WildStar Forums and WildStar Roleplay (the Big 3 Forum Communities).​
    Place your orders by sending the postal address you want them sent to, to fansites@wildstar-central.com with a subject line mentioning "Community Cards".​
    Grab a Card and Pass It On!​
    Skyhijinx, Praiz, aiuradun and 15 others like this.
  2. okccshell

okccshell Cupcake-About-Town

Zap, that's FANTASTIC!
  3. Phakz

Phakz Cupcake-About-Town

Very cool Zap :)
  4. Ulfur

Ulfur Cupcake

Awesome.
  5. Roland Daemon

Roland Daemon Cupcake-About-Town

Pretty sweet. I can't think of anything happening around that would benefit from this yet, but i'll keep an ear out :D
  6. Rane

Rane Cupcake

Gamescom :)
    and message sent :)
  7. Talberry

Talberry Cupcake

Amazing idea. Too bad I already went to Rezzed, or I'd be all up on this.
  8. Zergylicious

Zergylicious New Cupcake

This is a fantastic idea. There is a gaming store where they play table top and TCG's near me. But too bad I never have time to go up there :p or I would totally get some of those to give to the owner to pass out.
  9. Vodka19

Vodka19 New Cupcake

very well done
  10. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

"The Original Community" Yeaaaah boi. I'll probably need to get some sorted for Eurogamer :D
  11. Doomgrin

Doomgrin Cupcake-About-Town

Wouldn't having the actual gamesite be a good thing to have right on the card, or is the point just to show fansites and assume people taking the card already know about the game?
    Voison and Dualist like this.
  12. Ayora

Ayora Cupcake-About-Town

Gladly put some in the local gaming cafe, as well as taking a load to MCM Expo in October!
  13. Voison

Voison Moderator • Foxy Cupcake

This should help bring more activity on here and the Wildstar Forums (Curse). :inlove:
  14. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

As said, these were handed out originally to gamers at PAX East at the WildStar booth - they're for advertising the WildStar Community and not WildStar as a game itself.

On that basis they're probably not the best cards just to be left somewhere for anyone to pick up, but better for handing out to those who are already showing interest in the game! (such as at gaming conventions, people you speak with already about WildStar, etc.)
    Brenner likes this.
  15. ObliviousPrime

ObliviousPrime "That" Cupcake

Thanks for the effort you put into the community as a whole Zap :D
  16. Dualist

Dualist Cupcake-About-Town

Honestly I would take a pile of these to EBExpo in October, but I don't think WildStar is making a showing there so it may be somewhat pointless. Still though, this is a really nice idea, keep up the good work guys!
  17. Mizpah

Mizpah Cupcake-About-Town

Zap - if there are no other plans we have 26 people that can be asked to hand these out in Gamescom ^^
  18. gentlestar

gentlestar Admin's Wifey - Do Not Aggro!

It doesnt just have to be conventions , keep in mind that even talking to friends and family you can hand a card out too.. I took a couple to work to hand out to a couple employees that game.. this is s chance to get the word out maybe not just to gamers but people that you might like to play with.. its a chance to get others involved when they see how great the community is.

Heck if someone likes facebook games they might like wildstar housing. Its just another way to get word out, and they look cool so your not just writing a link on scrappaper to someone you think would be interested.

You might hang out at a comic shop or game at barns and nobals with geeks, take cards and get the word out.

So even if your not going to a big convention, don't hesitate to get some and show off that wildstar spirit.
    Brenner likes this.
  19. Ender

Ender Well-Known Cupcake

I would love some! Will be sending a mail asap, or maybe Patrician will :D This is such a good idea, and so cool!
    Brenner likes this.
  20. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

Man I am so spending the postage on this.

Zap-Robo, I just want to thank you personally right now for being one of the greatest community leaders I've ever had the pleasure to know. It's an inclusive, friendly, inviting, intelligent, mature, and helpful community.

Everyone at WildStar Roleplay appreciates the HECK out of this site and all the good work you guys do here, and this is just yet another thing to pile on top of the heaping plate of goodness!

Expect an order from Ender and myself very soon!