1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Granok and Mordesh Relations

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Xlugon Pyro, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

This is a thought I had just off of the top of my head. The video that debuted the two new races exposed an attitude that the two human characters had on their other, odd allies. However, even though these humans reacted to the other races in a frustrated or disturbed manner and are what is to be assumed the primary races of their respective factions, it doesn't tell us how the other races would react to these abnormal allies. However, we can inference a bit based on the values and ethics of each race. What really brought this to mind though was one relationship in particular: the granok and the mordesh.

We can assume that the aurin will likely take a similar if not harsher attitude towards the mordesh. While the aurin seek to preserve the natural order and promote peaceful coexistence between races, mordesh push the ethical boundaries of science far beyond what most aurin are likely comfortable with. Such prejudices would only be exacerbated by the mordesh's current position; a sort of cursed fate ultimately induced by their race's own reckless lust for eternal life. Even after falling under such a fate, they continue to dabble in alchemy that likely stands in direct opposition to the aurin's deeply held beliefs. The tension between these two is sure to be the strongest out of all of the Exiles' interracial relations.

However, that leaves a more puzzling relationship left: the granok and the mordesh. Admittedly, I'm not well read on granok lore, particularly because the race doesn't interest me. What I do understand, however, is that the batch of granok that exist within the Exiles are those exiled from Gnox after violating old traditions due to the desperation they faced upon fighting the Dominion. While some granok within the Exiles may still hold true to the "Way of the Stone", it is likely to be a less held belief since it was those traditions that made them outcasts. As far as we know now, the Exiles' granok are mercenaries for hire who hate the Dominion and want to screw them up for getting into their business. Likely this means the granok are more morally ambiguous compared to their counterparts, although not too much unlike the humans. They can probably relate to the plight of the mordesh more than the other races since they too were cast aside when the Dominion targeted them.

What do you all think personally? I get the impression that the mordesh and granok, outside of the granok possibly getting weirded out by the mordesh a bit, would have a neutral to even friendly relationship with each other compared to other Exile races' outlooks on the mordesh. Give your thoughts!
  2. Sweetloaf

Sweetloaf Cupcake

Mordesh dig alchemy, Granok dig beer. If the Mordesh find a way to turn water into beer I see a very fruitful friendship forming.

In all seriousness the Mordesh seem like one of the few Exile races the Granok can actually go toe to toe with. (Mordesh are freaking huge!) Conflicting combat doctrines aside, they'll both probably provide the backbone for the Exile army as shock troops and frontline warriors. I see a distinct bond forming, if not from cultural reasons, then from fighting side by side against a mutually despised faction.

They have shared interests, and the exiled Granok don't seem too quick to judge.
    Chim, Xlugon Pyro and Apostate like this.
  3. Apostate

Apostate Well-Known Cupcake

Like Sweetloaf said, the Exile Granok don't seem to care about much beyond drinking and fighting. It's possible that they'd be the most inured to the differences of the Mordesh.
    Zerdav likes this.
  4. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Guess you missed a whole interview/article here....

Let me enlighten you on the Aurin's view on the Mordesh:

They want to help them! (Carbines own words, not mine!)

So it isn't the strongest in ''tension'', but rather ''close''.
  5. Xlugon Pyro

This was pretty much what I was thinking.

Although I'm not sure the mordesh would be too fond of the granoks' more "simplistic" way of doing things. If they'd to have a dispute over anything, it's likely to involve personality differences and tactics.
  6. Xlugon Pyro

I definitely missed it then, but that doesn't surprise me either. It fits with the aurins' philosophy. Still, I think the aurin would still have an issue with the boundaries the mordesh push when it comes to scientific experimentation.
  7. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Here's the part, and the <link> to the article:
    Chim likes this.
  8. Xlugon Pyro

That's real interesting. It makes the RP concept I have for my aurin character that much easier now. I do like how Carbine is shaping up the game lore thus far. Vast improvement over WoW already.
  9. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!! Cupcake-About-Town

your probubly right

theal be like
    aurin: hey frind watha doin
    mordesh: oh expeirementing on a rowsdoser
    aurin: nooooooooooooooooooooo
    mordesh: why i just want to se what makes these creature so...irisistabaly....and...conpelingly...lovable
    rowsdowser: baaaaaanarf baaaaaaanarf

you can imagine the rest your self
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  10. Xlugon Pyro

LOL
  11. Sweetloaf

Sweetloaf Cupcake

Basically what was said, Granok don't care about much outside of their comfort zone, more apathetic than anything really. Also, do we know if the vitalus serum is a one time deal or would that have to be reinjected multiple times as they age?
  12. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Multiple times, mayby even multiple times a day.

If they don't take it, they turn bad! And that could still happen, so it's multiple times.
  13. Xlugon Pyro

IC Mordesh jokes inc:

Human: Dude, you're really hyper! Did you take your meds!? <Readies weapon>
    Mordesh: What? No! <Starts sweating.> I mean, of course I did! I'm just... a hyper guy! That's all!
    Human: Dammit, this one's going insane! Guys, I need some back-up!
    Mordesh: Wait, no! I'm fine! Really! Honest! Please... stop!

And so on. Mordesh will endure the curse of always being asked if they're on their meds!
  14. Hoody

Hoody Cupcake-About-Town

I'd say only once since the serum only suppresses the psychotic flesh eating part of the Everlife Elixir, not the skin degeneration part. That's why they make new body parts for themselves. But maybe that psychotic part is still itching inside their minds begging to be set free. So they might need to inject themselves more then once
  15. Inukeu

Inukeu Well-Known Cupcake

vitalus serum - I think thats the blue parts of there body that there exsposed bones and stuff float in I imagine most of there blood if not all of it is replaced by that stuff, unless the exsposed parts are just sectioned off idk

would certainly make fighting them interesting if they lose too much "blood" they go all cannibal crazy flesh eating zombeh on you rawr!
  16. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

rowsdoser:baaaaaaaaaaanarf baaaaaaaanarf
    mordesh: ugh...ugh...hold still this wont hurt at all (pulls out big ass needle)
    aurin: noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo dont touch him, give it to me cmon
    mordesh: no...stop...it....give it back it wont hurt him at alll
    (fight over rowsdoser ensues)

just a little more and excuse the language
    pardon my french
  17. Steampunkette

Steampunkette Cupcake-About-Town

I gotta say something about the Granok and the Way of Stone: If they gave it up, completely, that will turn me off of Granoks pretty well entirely.

Traditions that ingrained in culture don't just vanish. There's a reason Christians still celebrate Christmas and Easter, and it has very little to do with the birth or resurrection of Christ as a figure. It was everything to do with Pagans being unwilling to give up their two most important celebrations of the year when they turned to Christianity.

That's why in the "Make a Holiday" thread I still think the Exile Humans and Mordesh would still celebrate Illumination. Traditions are hard to give up, especially the ones that clearly hurt no one.

-Rachel-
  18. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

i know this is kind of.... you kow

but me and my family celebrate jesu's birth sooooooo yeah
  19. Steampunkette

Steampunkette Cupcake-About-Town

I'm talking about the origins of the celebration itself. The holiday was repurposed because the Pagans wouldn't give up their Winter Feast or their Spring Fertility holidays.

-Rachel-
  20. Sweetloaf

Sweetloaf Cupcake

Hate to break it to you, but the exiled Granok do not follow the Way of Stone. They can't. They're very existence in the Exiles denies them the ability to follow it. They may still exhibit some emotional attachment to the old way, but the greater majority of those exiles were restless youths that knowingly broke the main tenets of the Way.

I am incredibly interested in the original Granok lifestyle though, far more so than the drunken bruiser one they fulfill now.