1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Granok and Mordesh Relations

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Xlugon Pyro, Jul 20, 2013.

1. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!! Cupcake-About-Town

ohhhhhhhhh srry i get u now

i took it as an insult or a little jab at christianity
    srry
  2. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

oh they still got drunck back then

on there own planet they brewed beer
  3. Sweetloaf

Sweetloaf Cupcake

They don't have the same rigid discipline in their lives, before they were almost shamanistic with heavy ties to the earth and rock "from which they were hewn." They were described as being craftsmen, farmers, and master brewers. They had a utopian society (in their eyes), or so it would seem to the outside viewer.
  4. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

oh i know i was just sayin they still got drunk
  5. Steampunkette

Steampunkette Cupcake-About-Town

What I'm suggesting is that even if the Granok don't follow the Way of Stone they should probably follow an adapted form of it. Something that fits their own lifestyle while still keeping the traditions from the Way that they agree with. Like the various splinterings of the Catholic and Protestant faiths. Or common Judaism as opposed to Orthodox Judaism.

Customs, greetings, things of that nature are a lot harder to change. Goodbye, for example, doesn't seem terribly religious until you learn that it came from "God be with ye".

That's all I'm saying.

-Rachel-
  6. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

To build off of this, cultures or even subsets of cultures don't undergo a complete 180 on beliefs even in the case of the Exiles' granok. The closest thing you can get to rapid social change is the result of some sudden revolution, but that doesn't even come close to causing society to COMPLETELY scrap its beliefs. Many beliefs would certainly change but societies never flip like that. Societal change occurs gradually over time with periods of more rapid change, but never complete flips.

I would think that the Exile granok probably have pushed aside the more rigid aspects of their peoples' old beliefs (I don't know what they are so I can't elaborate) but still probably respect some of the less tangible laws of their people. Even if Carbine chooses to have the granok completely abandon their old beliefs, it would only hurt the depth of the lore because the human mind just doesn't work that way. Granted, maybe the granok are so simple that contemplation isn't something they can even do much of.
  7. Steampunkette

Steampunkette Cupcake-About-Town

Wow! We agree on something, again, Xlugon! :)

-Rachel-
  8. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

It's bound to happen eventually. :p