1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Granok buttons

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by VooDoo, Dec 6, 2011.

1. VooDoo

VooDoo Cupcake-About-Town

Im looking at the image on the background here at the site and I see some buttons on the Granok's bandolier.

It reminded me of the patches that Kaylee wore on her mechanics overalls (sorry, firefly reference) and I was curious if these would be something the players could obtain in the game? Or, if this would be something players would even be interested in?

In warhammer they had a trophy system where you could equip several trophies on various locations on your outfit and the number of trophies you could display grew as you grew in level. They were awards for certain achievements.

I think something similiar to this in Wildstar would be fitting, but instead of trophies have patches and buttons. Maybe im reading too far into it on the Granoks bandolier but it just got me thinking ;)
  2. starspun

starspun Well-Known Cupcake

Oh my goodness. Yes. I love this idea. However briefly I played Warhammer, I loved that trophy system and it would be really cool to see that again. That additional level of customization is pretty sweet, and it would offer players an opportunity to stand out from someone wearing the exact same armor as you.
  3. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

Interesting catch - and that makes me wonder if the rope coil and maps on the human concept art (right on the background) are part of a similar trophy system (for completing Explorer quests).
  4. Nonsensicles

Nonsensicles Cupcake-About-Town

That was definitely one of the best parts of WAR.
  5. ImmortalExile

ImmortalExile Cupcake-About-Town

I always wondered if that map on the back of Buck was something rewarded or given as being an Explorer. It's interesting- and I'm all for a Trophy system.
  6. Wobbley

Wobbley Cupcake

I agree, the trophy system in WAR was great, and would love to see something like that in Wildstar. Just minor cosmetic things that can let people know you have done certain feats, or achievements. It would also add a level of customization so not everyone looks the same.
  7. Dragor

Dragor Cupcake

I like the idea but I hope that, when they implement this, it does not end like Team Fortress 2. First it was a Team focused MP-Shooter, now its a Hattradingsimulator with the addition of an FPS^^
  8. Blue Skunk

Blue Skunk New Cupcake

Aurin trophies could come as earrings.
  9. Crybone

Crybone Cupcake-About-Town

I'm all in as long as you have some diversity in where you can place them on your character.
  10. Elegant

Elegant New Cupcake

That seems to me like it'd be a lot more hard too do.. Just my opinion.. Even having the chance of diversity is nice. I really do like this idea.