1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Granok Lifespan?

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Homeslice, May 22, 2013.

1. Homeslice

Homeslice Cupcake

I am still reading up a lot so may have missed something or not put all of the pieces together as of yet.

I was wondering how long of a lifespan do Granoks have? I believe, I understand that even the ones around now were ones that were exiled from their own planet.

I am not sure if Granok characters would be new ones on Nexus or if they would be the ones exiled because of having such a long lifespan and who knows how fast they may breed...if they actually breed. My guess is that they do from some of the other stuff I have come across...sex, drugs and rock 'n roll!
  2. Rumze

Rumze "That" Cupcake

No idea homeslice. I figure that's some thing we found it close to game launch or ingame
  3. Guide

Guide Well-Known Cupcake

I'd say their lifespan depends on the weather they experience throughout their entire lives. Not necessarily aging, but eroding.
    Joukehainen likes this.
  4. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Mud baths, magma, and underground pressurization must be their fountain of youth then!
    Guide likes this.
  5. Homeslice

Homeslice Cupcake

Guess we will be learning more on this some day. Just wish I had an idea of the age of Granoks mostly.
  6. NigthmareSystem

NigthmareSystem Cupcake-About-Town

Well this is a Scify game, I know there is "Magic", but still the science is a main player here so... I don't see the option of "born as adult"

and well... we know they have 2 sex, so the way they reproduce means they should have children, and that mean they grow frow baby to adult (eroding now isn't a option)

They have a long life span? Maybe but they were a primitive race when the dominion found them, they were a warrior race and right now they are mercenaries, so the main death cause is for a granok is .... to be killed so I'm sure there aren't any granok from the age of the first war against the dominion.

I'm like you, I really want know about those things of the game races. life span, culture, etc. I hope the scientific path will cover all that info :D
  7. Xlugon Pyro

Eugh. I can't imagine two granok going at it. The active points probably spark from there being so much friction between the hard surfaces. All I can think of is pain. Lots and lots of pain...

Maybe eroding each other during intercourse is the granok equivalent of sexual satisfaction? Who knows?
  8. Thordran

Thordran Cupcake-About-Town

Some of the things that I've read say that Durek Stonebreaker is still around in this age doing stuff. He was the Granok dude who led the original push to boot the Dominion off their homeworld way back when according to the lore on the official site.

Not sure if Durek is considered an old rock by Granok lifespan standards, but this seems to indicate that Granok can live for a LONG time.

I'm not sure of Granok mating mechanics :eek:, but they do seem to be the players of the Wildstar universe if the meet the Exiles video is any indication. You'd think with all that hard living Granok would have short life spans, but hey, when you're made of boulders I guess you can handle it. :)
  9. Homeslice

Homeslice Cupcake

That is one thing I was wondering, I thought that Durek Stonebreaker is still around and has been. I think I may need to do a bit more research but it does look like they live a very long time if that is the case. Maybe beer keeps him young. And Granoks are definitely some hedonists.
  10. Honour

Honour Cupcake

It would be interesting to see them be able to live a few thousand years, like the Mechari. I can just imagine some millenium-long rivalry between a Granok and a Mechari.
  11. Xlugon Pyro

Those races do seem like they'd be perfect rivals. Mechari vs. granok!
  12. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

I think the only race that had any mention of a lifespan were the Mechari. One of the interviews, "Meet the Mechari" I think it was, the mechari in the interview said that some mechari were around when the Eldan were, about one and two thousand years. Then again they are technically machines.

I wonder if when a Nok does die of old age, does anyone actually notice the body? Or is it just another boulder?

Uhm...now I can also see some draken standing over a field of boulders saying "Those aren't rocks! They're my victims!"

...hm..Noks. New mini-nickname for the Granoks! 'Noks!

...and Aurins can be ....'Rins! Noks and Rins!

..Mechari can be..well, mechari. They don't have much of a sense of humor.
  13. Xlugon Pyro

Nok should be made into a racial slur.

Damn Noks!
  14. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

Can Mechari be "Tinheads" then?
  15. Yowser

Yowser Cupcake

It was my understanding that all the Exile playable characters in the game are the ones actually exiled from their home planet. They are not born on Nexus.
    Homeslice likes this.
  16. Xlugon Pyro

This is true. Neither are any Dominion races though. Nexus is frontier territory for both factions, but the Exiles found it first and is their headquarters now, so to speak.
  17. Homeslice

Homeslice Cupcake

I haven't had time to read Like I want but that is what I am understanding now. So looks like my dude can be quite older if wanted.