1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

CG Granok Work-in-Progress Sculpt

Discussion in 'WildStar Fan Creations' started by Clowne, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Clowne

Clowne Cupcake

Ah. I think it'll be impossible for anyone to tear me away from my ZBrush without a significant amount of money to convince me (though I do plan to expand my software knowledge). I looked at Carbine's job offerings, of all places (Carbine guys, if you read this, I'll gladly move back to California for a paid internship), and they seem to want an experience with a variety of 3D software. Anyway, glad to see you can handle your stuff, now I need to go deal with a busy day and then get back to work on my Granok.
  2. bitbandit

bitbandit Cupcake-About-Town

yeah man, there's a <REDACTED> ton of software out there to get the job done. I'll something of my own up soon ( i hope!) but with potentially renovating a house & moving in, it may be the end of the summer first lol.
  3. InnocentCivilian

InnocentCivilian "That" Cupcake

That's looking really cool, TownClowne. :)

If I might ask, I'm trying to learn 3D modelling/texturing myself; are you going to make a low-poly mesh of this? If so, how do you go about retopologising it? I've read up on a couple different workflows but none have quite clicked with me yet. :p
  4. Clowne

Clowne Cupcake

I probably will, if only to ease the load on the 3D printer I'll be using. As I said in an earlier post, I'm new to this stuff, but as far as I can tell, I can run this through ZBrush's QRemesher and knock the poly count down a good bit. I'll still have to do some manual retopo, but it won't be that bad.

Anyway, an update for everybody: I'm still working on it, and he has legs and arms, but right now he looks like a stick figure, so I'm not showing it off. When I put armor, boots, and hands on him, I'll show it.
  5. Clowne

Clowne Cupcake

6. Paterk

Paterk Cupcake-About-Town

7. InnocentCivilian

InnocentCivilian "That" Cupcake