1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Guess Wildstar's Release

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Xlugon Pyro, May 14, 2013.

?

When Will Wildstar Release?

1. Late Summer 2013

5.1%
  2. Early Fall 2013

7.4%
  3. Late Fall 2013

20.9%
  4. Early Winter 2013

41.2%
  5. First Quarter 2014

19.6%
  6. Second Quarter 2014

5.8%
  1. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

So we know that Carbine is estimating a late 2013 release and Wildstar has been in closed beta for over a month. What do you all think will be the true release date? What factors do you think might expedite or delay the game's release and do you think these release estimates are accurate or off?

I'm speculating a mid-late fall release. Perhaps October or November. September at the absolute earliest but I could see a December release too. Given that it's already in beta, albeit closed beta, I think the game has a good few months of development before it hits the market for Christmas. :)
  2. MMOPapa

MMOPapa Cupcake-About-Town

Lately when I associate a 'Release Date' with a video game I think, 'That's the day they'll release a half finished product.' Sadly, as of late, that has been true for the majority of releases that I have attended. For example: Final Fantasy XIV, Diablo 3, SimCity, and multiple other titles; none of which were worse than those that were named but their releases came attached with 'I.O.U' notes promising end-game content to be expanded (from basically nothing) at a later date.

But enough talk about other titles. Yesterday when Jeremy Gaffney was interviewed on 'Up At Noon' by Greg Miller, I couldn't help but feel an elevating sense of respect for his response to Greg Miller's question on when the game's release date would be announced. I mean, if there were an award for the best response to a question during an interview? That answer would have taken it home. I could not agree more when he said, '...there's a problem out there where games tend to get rushed...' and I admire them resisting the urge to respond to the frequently asked question, 'When?' It's about time that someone finally said, 'We're saying it's ready when it's ready.'

If you missed the interview, here's a link (Yes, it has a weird title) to it; the actual interview starts five minutes and thirty-five seconds in... he also mentions the upcoming stress test and covers a few other questions.
  3. Soylentgreen

Soylentgreen Well-Known Cupcake

"When it's ready", Ask again in 4-5 months and it'll be "Soon"
    Malorak likes this.
  4. Xlugon Pyro

Hahahah I posted a thread very similar to this topic a minute ago. XD
  5. MMOPapa

We were destined to be together... it is inevitable...

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE! :alien:
  6. Xlugon Pyro

This is a discussion thread, not an inquiry thread. :p I want to see what people think and their logical process for coming to their conclusions.
  7. MMOPapa

...our posts have been assimilated. We are now one. xD
  8. Chomag

Chomag Cupcake-About-Town

I will not use my powerful predicting and skills and say...Christmas 2013!!!
  9. BlindSear

BlindSear Super Cupcake

I'm thinking late November or early December, being that they're still in CBT1 and it's just about summer. I also want to assume it's 2013 because they said that's when they'd like to release. Also, if I continue to convince myself it won't be til the end of the year it'll be a pleasant surprise that it's earlier! (yay!)

You'd think everything's pretty polished once it's in Open Beta (assuming they do one) and ready for all the criticism at that point once everything's basically balanced and working as intended, and the bugs are squashed. The open beta will get all the gamers that just want to "try it out" to get hooked. So, you have to figure 2-3 months for finalizing systems, as the open beta will mean less players actively giving feedback and having to dig properly into statistics. So if they announced OBT today that'd be at least August before release. Stress tests are coming "soon" which means that they're figuring out how many players can fit on a server, and starting to perfect and hone the systems like economies and the community driven content. Since communities take time to form, and act, this is the longest part of the Beta Test, to ensure the systems in place can nourish a healthy community. So, my guess is open beta won't start until these systems are honed, which will be 4-5 months realistically.
  10. Sabre070

Sabre070 Cupcake-About-Town

You realise this website is accessed from all over the world, right?
    Sol likes this.
  11. Xorkrik

Xorkrik New Cupcake

September/October at the latest. You don't want to compete with the PS4, Xbox 3, all the blockbuster games and christmas shopping in Nov/Dec. And August feels to soon from what we know about the beta.
  12. Chomag

Chomag Cupcake-About-Town

No, I think September is a very optimistic prediction. I expect pre-orders and paid beta access long before open beta, which would be too soon at this moment.
  13. Xlugon Pyro

Quite.

Quite the... sexy union, I say... ;D
  14. Impaler

Impaler Cupcake

I voted for early Winter. Thinking it will be released at the latest possible moment in 2013 is the best way to keep me sane. If it releases earlier than that, then it will be a surprise and a welcome.
  15. Xlugon Pyro

That's sort of where I'm at. I think it has the potential to come out a bit earlier, but a very late release 2013 is probably a reasonable estimate. I'd be disappointed if it went into 2014 but I'll have a better glimpse of how long it'll take when/if I can get a taste of beta.
  16. Grinndo

Grinndo Cupcake

Personally I would go with as late as possible in 2013 as they said they wanted to get release this year. I’m sure their investors will remind them of that. There is a LOT of stuff form them to do and even more to get debug. The success of an mmo depend a lot on the launch. Even if I really want to play, I would be ready to wait until 2014 to play stable, rich and complete mmo.
  17. Archales

Archales Cupcake

November 20th 2013 12:00 am PST no reasoning, it just feels right
    Saleex likes this.
  18. Zero713

Zero713 Cupcake

My guess goes to a late September release date. Its before the major consols, yet still in time for holiday season. Guild Wars 2 released in similar fashion. Both NC Soft, but that really has no bearing.

When its ready and waiting is a lot better than disappointment of an unfinished game. I don't want another let down like SWTOR. I had such high hopes..
  19. MMOPapa

As odd as it sounds... I feel like September is too soon but I haven't been accepted into the Beta yet so I don't know the status of bugs, glitches, clipping, or the rest. If I had to guess? I'd say the earliest would be just before Black Friday around when Archales suggested. They wouldn't want to miss out on the chance to show off their prowess for seasonal events during the Christmas season and I think it'd be strategic to have the content already developed before release.
  20. Rivehn

Rivehn New Cupcake

As much as i would want it to be Summer there is just no way that would happen. Earliest would be late fall.