1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Guess Wildstar's Release

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Xlugon Pyro, May 14, 2013.

?

When Will Wildstar Release?

1. Late Summer 2013

5.1%
  2. Early Fall 2013

7.4%
  3. Late Fall 2013

20.9%
  4. Early Winter 2013

41.2%
  5. First Quarter 2014

19.6%
  6. Second Quarter 2014

5.8%
  1. MeakGG

MeakGG Cupcake-About-Town

2014. They would be doing themselves a disservice to release this game at the same time 2 next gen consoles come out. PC or not, most people play more than one. That whole "pc master class" died with cs:1.6. If this game comes out at the same time nextbox and ps4 do, they will be competing VERY hard with a HUGE demographic. As much as you "PC only" guys like to think "pc only" people play MMOs, you're wrong. All people play MMOs
  2. BonusStage

BonusStage Well-Known Cupcake

i dont see the issue as long as they launch before the consoles. and nothing is stoping people from buyng both, i dont remember many killer apps for release ps4 , and its too early to talk about 720
  3. MeakGG

MeakGG Cupcake-About-Town

we will know about 720 in 6 days, and they haven't released info on the last 2 classes, the last 2 races, any information over 30, end game, big reveals, warplots, professions.... they aren't going to launch in the next 3 months. There beta servers aren't even optimized. We're VERY far from release
  4. Haoli

Haoli Cupcake-About-Town

I'm guessing, but I figure there's likely going to be 5 phases of CBT--it seems fairly standard from many MMO launches I've seen. Assuming we don't see an extended open beta, and they keep to 5 weeks per CBT phase, that lands us quite firmly around Late October/November.
  5. BonusStage

4-6 months is a considerable ammount of time, i can see the game coming out next year, but i think launching on Q1 will hurt them more then launching on 2013 Q4
  6. Kalmander

Kalmander Well-Known Cupcake

I'll say 1st quarter 2014. I know they plan for 2013, but stuff always happens, delays always happen. So I would prefer they delay the game a little, but fix more stuff, instead of releasing a buggy product simply to comply with a release date.

What is my basis for my prediction? Well, I asked my dog, and he game me that pretty compelling premonition...
  7. Kalmander

That depends... Releasing an unfinished product on 2013 would hurt them more than releasing a polished product on 2014...
  8. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

It would be interesting to see how a delayed release would affect the game while taking the game's features into account as well. Lately, we see games go through a pattern of no known release to giving a year to perhaps which part of the year before giving a hard date. I don't even remember the last time I saw a game's release getting pushed back. They just release when they say they would, perhaps because of some conventional wisdom in the industry about not waffling on your release dates.

However, I would actually like to see exactly how a delayed release would impact the game's success. I rarely hear people argue for the devs to release when they first said they would but I wouldn't be surprised to see people get all up in arms if the date did get pushed back.
  9. Draahl

Draahl Cupcake-About-Town

I hope for early winter 2013, but i reckon its gonna be 2014 :( sadface deluxe .
  10. Kalmander

That's an interesting question, and this is what I think (I may be wrong). Missing a release date may have an effect if there is a similar competing product releasing around the same time. People would then buy the other product, instead of yours, and when you release yours, they already have the other product... I'm not so sure this would apply to MMOs. While they are competing products, there are usually enough differences from one to another to warrant trying them out. There could be some small impact though.

The other reason I have heard, is that people may lose interest in the product. This may apply to clothing, or other products, but I do not think this would apply to something like a computer game. I mean, I will play this game whether it comes out today, or in 2 years. And I'm sure most people would as well. They may stop following it regularly if it is delayed, but they would probably give it a try when they hear from it again.

So I do not think those are ironclad reasons why they should keep to a release date at all costs. I actually think it is more damaging to release an unfinished or buggy product, instead of delaying it a bit and release a good product. People will quickly lose interest in your product if they run into bugs or missing features, and the bad 'word of mouth' and reputation that would spread would put the final nail in the coffin...
  11. BonusStage

I Agree but i dont think they should delay their release just because of Next Gen Consoles, since it's something that really cant be avoided.
    next year they will be competing with next gen releases for those consoles.
  12. Makaify

Makaify New Cupcake

At the current rate they are opening level ranges in the beta, I'd have to predict the release date is in November of this year. I think they could release it even earlier than that, but NCsoft would really like a release closer to Christmas, but not too close to it to be competing with the new consoles. I predict we will see open beta some time in October. Also, my brain is telling me there will be 3 more closed beta waves. After that, they will move to beta weekends where those who pre-ordered will get in, and codes will be given out in contests on multiple gaming related sites. Speaking of pre-orders, I think they will announce that and their business model at E3.

This is of course just my thought of what is going to happen.
  13. FrozenlandPT

FrozenlandPT Cupcake

Early Winter, think they are polishing very well and very fast the game, only if there are something that needs to fix they will postpone
  14. Schatzi

Schatzi New Cupcake

Now, I've considered the game will release late summer... I think this because, it would be perfect for an MMO, usually MMORPGs, when they aren't physical copies, release summer.

I DO, however, have heavy doubts ever since the whole "It'll be out when it's done." because, they have 2 unmade races (Most likely Chua for Dominion and The Wayward [Granok body type Frankensteins with a WoW Forsaken environment style]) Not to mention the 4 classes. Not to mention the lack of announced regions out of the 23 areas. My guess is that it will come out mid to late Fall 2013. October or November.
  15. Ethos

Ethos New Cupcake

As late as possible this year, or early next year.
  16. Vossler

Vossler Cupcake

Most MMOs never say the release date till about a month or less till it is released. I believe it'll be Nov/Dec.
  17. Zero713

Zero713 Cupcake

I would really love to see a Wildstar Halloween event. I love when the towns and areas transform for the holidays. Halloween being my favorite, so if the game could release in time for Halloween that would be perfect. Then again, would the team have enough time to put together a Halloween event? I'm not sure, but just wishful thinking is all.
  18. Nitebreaker

Nitebreaker New Cupcake

Late november, probably.
  19. Red_Death01

Red_Death01 Cupcake-About-Town

Mainly- if they stay true to their word "when it is ready" then it could be anywhere from Late 2013 to Never. If they start to feel rushed and end up saying "well its in 2 months or at this time!" They then have set their MAXIMUM amount of time they can finish the product and may be forced to cut corners. While I can't wait for this game to come out I think it would be extremely disappointing if they rush it and get it out (make me happy now) rather than wait and finish it with polish (making me happy later and for much much longer).
  20. F8L Fool

F8L Fool Cupcake-About-Town

I'm going to say between late January and early March, 2014. Going head to head with the next generation console release would be foolhardy on Carbines part. The amount of money and time people are going to invest into their new consoles and massive library of games—all of which come out between October 20th and December 10th—will be astronomical. I fully expect those people to invest a large amount of time in playing them.

Sure, they might be somewhat different markets but there is still a lot of overlap involved. If I were them I'd want to release it after the holiday season when there weren't a lot of things competing with my game for attention. That way most of the advertisements will get through rather than compounding with the 1000 other game related ones. Plus people will be over the honeymoon phase with their new consoles and games, allowing for a new one to fill their hearts: Wildstar.

I'm not economist or marketing genius, but as a life long gamer that has spent a lot of time and money on hardware and software, I know what time of the year my friends and I devote to which products. This year I'll be sitting on my PS4 and Xbox One for hopefully dozens and dozens of hours after their release. That is if Wildstar doesn't bust out some November 14th release date between now and then ;).