1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Guess Wildstar's Release

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Xlugon Pyro, May 14, 2013.

?

When Will Wildstar Release?

1. Late Summer 2013

5.1%
  2. Early Fall 2013

7.4%
  3. Late Fall 2013

20.9%
  4. Early Winter 2013

41.2%
  5. First Quarter 2014

19.6%
  6. Second Quarter 2014

5.8%
  1. Sera Serenity

Sera Serenity Cupcake-About-Town

Well looking at past games (TERA, TSW for example) delays usually cause a minority to complain, but the majority of future players stick with the product. In terms of release date, again considering games I have been involved in beta (Tera, TSW, swtor, ArcheAge), seen 5 closed beta stages each a month long, and open beta, also firms giving a date 4-6 months before release.. I recon Q1/Q2 2014, but (as others have also said) i would sooner wait longer than have a 1/2 done product.
  2. Karl Pedder

Karl Pedder Cupcake-About-Town

I don't think it will be delayed until next year, studios can talk about not being rushed and when it is ready all they like and gamers will talk about prefering a finished product (oddly a dissproportionate amount of those will come from people in the beta.....) but if the publisher has it penned in as a Q4 release it would have to be huge issues for a delay.
  3. Isil

Isil Cupcake

I personally think it will be released a month or so after Pax Prime. So that would make it around October.
    Teehk likes this.
  4. Kleev

Kleev Cupcake-About-Town

I'd be surprised if it wasn't out by late November.
  5. NILVIO

NILVIO Cupcake

25.11 thats release date :)
  6. tyranade

tyranade Cupcake

2013 November 23 ;)
  7. Yinello

Yinello Cupcake-About-Town

I voted late fall. Apparantly I'm more optimistic? ;)
  8. AusterlitZ

AusterlitZ Well-Known Cupcake

that's my bday :)
    tyranade likes this.
  9. Sera Serenity

Happy Birthday .......
  10. Draxus

Draxus Cupcake

Yeah, that's also my thought. Btw nice siggy ;)
  11. Witless

Witless "That" Cupcake

This always a silly topic, but FUN! :)

A while ago I said Q1 2014 so I will stay with that.

BUT, I'm starting to think October is a real possibility. Personally I have never seen a closed beta last more than 4 to 6 months after either an Alpha or in this case F&F closed beta. If we make a fairly logical assumption that CB4 will have the tester up to level 5o and that takes place most likely in July. Let's say August carries over you characters into a CB5 and you get to test elder game components except raiding ( already stated they would be inviting Guilds to do that, who could be doing that now or very soon). That puts September as a time to iron out the remaining kinks and have a couple of Open Beta weekends/stress tests (if they want) before an October release.

Of course this is barring any major revamps they decide to do based off of testing. Also remember the version of the build folks are testing is at least 1 version behind where Carbine is actually at.
  12. Sanja Melody

Sanja Melody Cupcake

While we look at all of this i believe it will be released 2013. Late fall or early winter.

You must remember that theses guys have been in the industry in a long time and they know how long time it usually takes to polish a game. So i think they've thought long and hard on it already on when this game is gonna be out. Approx. So i think they are very close to release it at the release date which is in their office on a piece of paper unannounced. The only reason i could see it get delayed was if someone found a HUGE bug in the game, prob gonna happen when OB comes out. So i predict that on that piece of paper in their office it's saying late fall? And they know that when they open up for OB something is gonna break, and it's gonna break good and there'll be leaks all over the place. They are gonna have to fix that and the time it takes for them to fix that depends on the bugs which are found. But they've all been there so they know that it's approx gonna take this amount of months to fix and find all the bugs after open beta and then there'll be a release date. I trust that they got that under control.
  13. Kethrym

Kethrym Well-Known Cupcake

Dec 14th 2013. Just in time for the Christmas rush. At least that's what I would do.
  14. Sera Serenity

I suspect this is why we haven't been give a release date, the game can't be delayed as we haven't got a date to be delayed beyond
  15. Mel

Mel Cupcake-About-Town

Just give me beta access and I will give up on caring about a release date!
  16. Lucker McNoob

Lucker McNoob Cupcake

Somewhere between November and February makes sense. Will we get a release date at E3? Nah, probably late August or something..
  17. Prophyrian

Prophyrian Cupcake

I wouldn't call the need for balancing, bug fixes, and fine tuning a rushed game. That is normal at launch for MMOs. I would call a game with little-to-no end game, missing basic features (LFG, AH, etc..), and severe server issues to be rushed.

My prediction for WildStar is a long beta process that rolls into 2014, for the release of a polished MMO with some fined tuning needed and general maintenance.
  18. Aheadache

Aheadache Well-Known Cupcake

Just sounds from the feedback it still has a very long way to go. Beta recently started, they are testing level 30ish I thought last I heard. We have so much unanswered questions, so many reveals to come out, like races and the last two classes. What about the actual crafting? I have yet to see a list of crafting like armory alchemy weapon smith beer brewer, cook… ect… So I voted for it to be out next year, I hope they prove that wrong. Or they are keeping the upper content hidden and very fricking quite if its already completed.
  19. eselle8

eselle8 Well-Known Cupcake

Late November/early December. I think they're going to want some time to fully test and tune their endgame content. It's in time for the Christmas season, if just barely. The next Call of Duty comes out in early November, and even with the genre differences, it seems better to stagger around that. That time frame also allows for some large beta weekend events to stir up interest and show off a polished product to potential buyers.
  20. Airea Proudears

Airea Proudears New Cupcake

I'm guessing late 2013/early 2014, since they're promising all this endgame content at release. Raids alone will take a few months, at the very least, to test.