1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Guess Wildstar's Release

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Xlugon Pyro, May 14, 2013.

?

When Will Wildstar Release?

1. Late Summer 2013

5.1%
  2. Early Fall 2013

7.4%
  3. Late Fall 2013

20.9%
  4. Early Winter 2013

41.2%
  5. First Quarter 2014

19.6%
  6. Second Quarter 2014

5.8%
  1. Flannan

Flannan Cupcake

Late Fall/Early Winter.

On a side note, I saw this thread, and had high hopes it was a type of guessing pool where we all pick a specific date and whoever is closest to the actual release date wins something....
    Fishsticks likes this.
  2. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Sorry to disappoint. D:

There is another thread like that around here though. Burried somewhere... :)
  3. Witless

Witless "That" Cupcake

First off just picking at your post for fun, aheadache, would buy ya a beer otherwise!

So, umm ya know somethign we don't? Ya know, since they are in beta. Where ya gettin' your feedback? Hmmm. ;)

See I don't know. I think most all of that is done and waiting for a major event (E3) to release some more goodies. I would bet that when they get to CB3 that you will get to play the final Exile Race and possibly the classes. Then CB4 will be Dominion and the ch..final race.

I also think they may be testing crafting now, but they keep it out of the patch notes so as we can't see what's up.

Although I realistically think Q1 2014, I just can't shake this feeling that they are a helluva lot closer than you think.
  4. daayou

daayou New Cupcake

November 19th, 2013.

Why? A few reasons . . . it is a Tuesday. Most games release on Tuesday's. Second reason, it is my wedding anniversary and instead of playing, I will be forced to take my wife out. Of course, I will try all my tricks to make sure I am leveling instead of wining and dining my wife.
  5. Yoda

Yoda New Cupcake

Late 2014 tbh.
  6. Cretz

Cretz Cupcake

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the game has been in development for five years. Now, closed beta started in April, so estimate around 4-5 months of closed testing, with a 1 month lead before release (this is all based on previous MMO timeframes, TOR being the most recent to go by this schedule) it may be safe to assume, if all goes according to plan, the game will release around November.
  7. Martin

Martin New Cupcake

My experience with game developers in the past (won't mention any company, but take a guess...) would suggest that "soon" means "later".
    seantree likes this.
  8. James Brown

James Brown New Cupcake

Alright so closed Beta is going in 5 week sessions and they said there would be 5 of them. So that would put them a week or so away from session 3 so 15-16 weeks until closed beta is complete, Add another 12 weeks for open beta and we are right in the Christmas time frame. Knowing they wont release the week of Christmas puts they date somewhere in the beginning of January. And this is if all goes smoothly.
  9. vicksen

vicksen Cupcake

You assume a lot with your statement about open beta being 12 weeks. They may not even have an open beta, a lot of games don't. If they do it all, I expect it to be less than 12 weeks. Maybe 6 at most---why would you need that long after 25 weeks of closed testing (including stress tests)?
  10. Ohanka

Ohanka New Cupcake

Personally i expect an early 2014 release, although if it is released earlier i will be very happily surprised :)
  11. Seagrey

Seagrey Cupcake-About-Town

I expect early 2014. Games need a lot of 'final' touches before they goes live. WOW took its time and I'm guessing this game will get the same scrutiny before release.
  12. quivers

quivers Cupcake

given current beta 1-30 from patch notes, ide say probably another 2 - 3 CBT. one for 1-40 and 1-50 as well as a raid beta but given as that seems to be a separate thing from the main beta it could be run in tandem with 1-50 CBT etc then also open beta which could be one or several weekends or a week etc ide say another 3-5 months given nothing massively goes south. so late September at earliest, sometime November at latest
  13. Cazargar

Cazargar Cupcake

Not soon enough? Seriously though. They obviously have quite a bit done, but it seems that they're still working on hashing out details on some of the games larger systems. A solid economy plan and some of the things they mentioned wanting to do with raids will take a good bit to fine tune to the high level that they seem to want it at. That in addition to the success(?) of the stress tests has me thinking 2014, but certainly late 2013 would not be implausible.
  14. Gramm_Krakkrr

Gramm_Krakkrr New Cupcake

Even though I voted for early 2014 I definitely have my fingers crossed for late 2013.
  15. Mathness

Mathness New Cupcake

I hope for a release today. :laugh:

Seriously tho', a release in autumn/winter seems possible from what we know so far, that being said I do not really expect it to ship before February 2014.
  16. minamus

minamus New Cupcake

i guess nov-dec but i wish july-august :p
  17. PewPewPew

PewPewPew New Cupcake

give us the game asap:D
  18. Gronky

Gronky Cupcake-About-Town

End of November, cause they want to release it this year but are not quite ready :confused::rolleyes::up:
  19. seantree

seantree New Cupcake

I say November 2013 or January 2014.
    As an aside I had to give Mick a like for his avatar of the Ol' Pazmanian Devil :)