1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Guest Pass Exchange (GPX)

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Tribe, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Tribe

Tribe Well-Known Cupcake

From the recent articles on Wildstar's revenue model we know that the standard box version of the game will come with three, one week, guest passes. I would hope that luxury copies of the game (collectors edition, digital deluxe, etc.) will come with additional passes.

Not everyone here on Wildstar Central will be able to purchase the game on release, for any number of reasons. And members may know more than three people that would like passes to try the game out. Likewise some members will not have three people to give passes to.

I think it would be a worthwhile idea to explore the idea of developing some form of a GPX for Wildstar Central.

Such a system could be abused, so it would be precautionary to set up some safeguards. Here are some examples that could be implemented. Those requesting passes could be required to be members of WSC for a certain length of time and/or meeting a posting threshold, not having been banned within the last 60 days. No member may request more than ____ number of passes total.

The goal of the GPX would be to get passes to people that are interested in playing the game, ultimately growing the paying customer base. In the long run this benefits us all.

Should providing passes to the exchange be incentivized? In game currency, Wildstar Swag, in-game and/or out-of-game drawings could be implemented. I expect a lot of debate on this caveat.

I am interested to hear from the community, please share your thoughts. I toyed with the idea of creating a poll to go with this post, but want to get some feedback before doing so.
  2. Bastille

Bastille Cupcake

I think it's a good idea, and I don't see why I personally wouldn't give away my guest passes for other forum members.