1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Hardmodes and you

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by JarNod, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Tiktak

Tiktak Cupcake-About-Town

Threadnought!

So...your both arguing for roughly the same thing? Which is similar to what everyone else has said: Hard-modes are a cheap way out. We want more content not the same thing with moar health to grind through!

Why not give each boss a certain gimmic? Say a mechanical boss with an enrage timer. The boss starts off blue coloured, but slowly turns red as the fight progresses. When he gets really close to his enrage, steam boils off him and glowing cracks appear in his armour. However... there is a useable object in the room that, if the raid kite him over to it, they can activate to spray him with water, cooling him down (adding a few minutes onto the timer, and possibly stunning him for a second or two).
    If you can kill him without using the shower, you get extra loot (HC level) and achievements!
  2. Chrilin

Chrilin Cupcake-About-Town

I like it.... A familiar type of mechanic with a original twist.
    It sounds like a fun fight too.
  3. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

Our opinion still differs on certain details. But I can't blame you for not reading all of that. :roflamo:

Yeah exactly. One of the dynamic features a boss or instance could have. We mentioned several already. Sounds like a good fight to be honest. I really hope Carbine adds a lot of humor into the fights as well.
  4. Chrilin

Chrilin Cupcake-About-Town

Me too... It would definitely fit into the game seamlessly.
  5. Billco

Billco Cupcake-About-Town

I love fights with dynamics like you mentioned, or ones where you use the enviroment to your advantage.

I'd also love to see humour without making it TOO silly. I mean like Pandas suddenly charging into the area with their pokemon'esque battle petlings behind them...how stupid would THAT be huh? huh?

I've often wondered what alternatives there are too the Hard Mode style - not come up with anything yet though.