1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Has anyone noticed you still have to pay $60 for Wildstar upfront?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Haellion, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Belligerent

Belligerent New Cupcake

How does it look more ambitious? From what I've seen, ESO is basically Skyrim with chat and a mundane combat system. An existing fanbase won't make up for a bad game, period. Look at SWTOR. Rabid fanbase, horrible game, almost nonexistent fanbase after 6 months. One thing ( among many) that WS is doing differently from any MMO released since WoW, is it's graphics. People are trashing it for being cartoony ( mostly WoW players, ironically). Yet, every single major MMO release since WoW that has went the cutting-edge graphics route, has more or less failed. At best, they have enough of a player base to hobble along on F2P cash shops. One of the main reasons WoW is still popular today, and why it has enjoyed nearly a decade of dominance, is it's accessibility. You can play it on pretty much anything. Not to mention, these cartoony graphics stand up to time a lot better than 'cutting edge' engines. What was amazing last year is merely passable a couple years later. I am not overhyping WS, just saying as far broad appeal and approachability, WS has ESO beat.
    Xevius likes this.
  2. Convicted

Convicted Super Cupcake

I think ESO would have been better off as F2p because of their lack of end game situation. The way it looks to me, is very similar to Neverwinter or GW2 but with a sub fee. I think players are going to go through ESO fairly quickly and then not feel there is enough at end game to justify 15 bucks. I don't think players would pay $15 for either Neverwinter or GW2. I feel that EQN would have a better chance at the sub model, but I guess we will see what happens.
  3. Kellth

Kellth Cupcake

Good statement. I guess ill suck it up and buy the game (hoping its a great game).
    BlindSear likes this.
  4. Novalith

Novalith Cupcake

I guess we all agree that, now that it will cost $60 and more to play Wildstar, it better be worth it. :)

Steady money for the developers means good support. (Or should mean it!)
  5. Tonks

Tonks Cupcake

Hopefully they'll consider a more average $50 (digital copy fee) as well instead of just the flat $60 (average box fee).
    Kataryna likes this.