1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Help with Weapons

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by MJBarnes, Jul 9, 2014.

1. MJBarnes

MJBarnes New Cupcake

Hello, all.

Although relatively new to Wildstar, I have played several action RPGs and MMOs, but this one seems to be different.

On the bottom of the screen, you have buttons for 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8. These seem to be your various abilities.

When I look at my Character, I have a weapon slot with a various weapon in there. When I use the '1' button for instance, does it use my weapon that is in the weapon slot? Or are these abilities different than the weapon?

If different, how do I actually use the weapon that is in the weapon slot? I am guessing when I use the ability buttons, it automatically does this? I am used to actually dragging my desired weapons in to the number slots.

Any of this make sense?
  2. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

Weapons are just stat sticks effectively. They are required for your abilities to function, but the only real difference between say a gun and a sword is the graphic and animations. The numbered slots are for your abilities and your abilities are what actually do things.
    Kataryna likes this.
  3. Convicted

Convicted Super Cupcake

What's really fun, is that if you are a Medic, some of your abilities will show you pulling a 2-handed Engineer gun from your back and shooting it, while your Medic resonators remain firmly attached to their original spot.
  4. RavenWind

RavenWind Well-Known Cupcake

The Weapon is really just a prop, as Livin stated. 1-8 are your various attacks, most of which use your weapon. If the weapon is equipped on your Char screen (P), you are using it.