1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

High demands needed

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by hacksaw202, Jun 9, 2013.

1. hacksaw202

hacksaw202 New Cupcake

Playing games puts a lot of demand on the old computer. Last night playing Aion during a big boss fight with a 6 player group (I'm the cleric)the 3 year old gaming mouse just stopped working!! OK think fast .......looking over to my other computer its cordless mouse is there and the sensor is in the USB so I pop the sensor into my gaming computer and WA-la the other mouse instantly takes over ......I started thinking about Wildstar and that class that makes things for the group and saves the day!! Thats me all the way I love fixing stuff and inventing, at work many times I had to jury-rig a lot come up with a solution to get the job done.... necessity is the mother of invention....... Was it JP Higginbottom coming up with all the gadgets in one of those wildstar videos?.... Thats the dude I want to play! Where I spend many hours the 3 screen set up is gaming the other computer to the right is backup both computers are loaded ...love my toys! thebeast.jpg
    Aheadache and Zwipe like this.
  2. Zwipe

Zwipe Cupcake

man i can sit at your for week straight, nice little setup you got there ;]
  3. kanochi

kanochi Cupcake-About-Town

Very nice setup. ^^ I wish I could get 3 computer screens the same size like that hehe. It's good things worked out though lol, I've had issues like that a few times and usually ended up wiping lol internet dropping the middle of the fight and such. >.< That sure wasn't fun.
  4. kuunkulta

kuunkulta Cupcake-About-Town

I've been there man... Way back when raid healing Naxx in wow wotlk, the bolt that kept my chair's backrest in place, snapped and I fell back from my chair. Wipe and a lot of laughs :D After that I invested in a quality chair ^^

Nice setup btw! Using 3 screens+tv myself
  5. Quota

Quota New Cupcake

Multi-screen setup is a must for hardcore gamers. Have a guide/data on one screen while you are playing on the other, saves a lot of alt-tabbing.
  6. crowsong

crowsong Cupcake-About-Town

I have 3 monitors, but ever sense i got my surface pro I don't find myself using them anymore unless im programming.
    hacksaw202 likes this.
  7. hacksaw202

hacksaw202 New Cupcake

Ya at first was hard getting use to but most newer games I've played support 3 monitors layout. Main things to look for is a small bezel on the side so view isn't obstructed as much did this video a year ago it demonstrates the smooth flow of the gaming arena. ( I beat this game in 1 week was fun but to short a fail for my vote )
  8. hacksaw202

hacksaw202 New Cupcake

I had a office chair that was made with bungee cords and I would sit in it for hours playing ....it put me in the hospital I ended up with DVT and now on blood thinners, So I went to Staples got a very comfortable office type that supports my big #$@^& a lot better.

Well now its mouse shopping time:down: any suggestions on a nice affordable gaming mouse?Because when we all start playing Wildstar I want to be ready!
  9. kuunkulta

Oh damn, that's a tough break!

For a new mouse I can recommend the RAT7 and RAT9, they are made by Mad Katz and have cheap quality laser but if you get lucky you'll get one of the good ones that has no issues. You can customize it quite a bit to fit your hand with included options, and it's got a decent software for multiple profiles and all that. They are a bit on the expensive side but if you can find one on a discount, it's worth considering

CM Storm series are pretty good option too. In fact I was very close to buying Inferno before I got lucky and scored my rat9 for free from recycling :p With the Storm series you get good choices between wired and wireless at around 50 bucks I think. They got plenty enough buttons and you can probably find one that fits your hand nicely.

Then you got the very basic but extremely popular good ol' Logitech MX518 and it's big brother G400. I can recommend both if you're into wired mouse and don't need a dozen extra buttons. Which actually should be just fine in W* since we have a small hotbar, only 7 slots I believe. I think there's a wireless model around somewhere too...

And I must also recommend the old and discontinued Logitech MX-1000. This mouse is a freaking boulder and if your mouse grip is the claw style, this is THE most comfortable mouse ever. But hard to find these days
  10. hacksaw202

hacksaw202 New Cupcake

Went to best buy today and checked out that Rat 7 was priced good to
  11. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

Razer Naga is a great MMO mouse, once you get used to the thumb number pad you'll wonder how you played without it :p, no more complicated bindings, 1 through = are now all easily accessible. Speaking of equipment failures though, I used to have an old Microsoft keyboard that used to like to lock in a sole keyboard input, normally Q, W or E. Queue me either running into fire, or strafing around the boss desperately trying to stay alive whilst reseting the keyboard. Many a wipe was caused due to that!!!
  12. murkin

murkin New Cupcake

Definitely a fan of the three monitor setup. I'm actually thinking about picking up a 3rd now.
  13. Lemming

Lemming Cupcake

I can't wait for some company to make a gaming mouse that's on a trackball.
  14. hacksaw202

hacksaw202 New Cupcake

I hope Wildstar starts soon the wife wont let me play Tera any more....:devilish:
  15. kuunkulta

That's the same reason why my old wow mates would/could barely even glance at the game...
  16. Zybak

Zybak Cupcake-About-Town

For any of you people holding out saying to yourself

"I would never use 2 monitors"

YOU ARE WRONG! IT IS AWESOME AND YOU WILL NEVER GO BACK.

Trust me...
  17. ObliviousPrime

ObliviousPrime "That" Cupcake

3 screens are too much for me, but my 2 screens are perfect. :D

Its just great to have the game on one screen, and a website (like the WvW site that tracks the timer of buffed camps) and your VOIP program on the other.

Also if you stream or record video its preferable to have 2 screens (or more if you want).
    kuunkulta likes this.
  18. hacksaw202

hacksaw202 New Cupcake

Thanks for the Rat7 review..went back to Best buy and got the Rat7 for $99.99 wow did I just spend $100 on a mouse ...I love it got all dialed in, its so sensitive and responsive and looks like a Lamborghini
    kuunkulta likes this.
  19. kuunkulta

Always happy to help! I can guarantee it's well worth the money in the long run! Btw if you find the right button to be a bit too sensitive to rest a finger on it, slipping a piece of folded paper under it fixes that right up without causing any issues with the button's function
  20. ObliviousPrime

ObliviousPrime "That" Cupcake

I recommend the Logitech g600 MMO mouse. I had the naga before but I tended to misclick a lot with that mouse.