1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

High demands needed

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by hacksaw202, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Infamouz

Infamouz Well-Known Cupcake

I have tested both Logitech G600 and G700 in MMO and Shooter use and both of those mouses are horribly inaccurate. Razer Naga has way too small side buttons for my fingers, but my Girlfriend's Razer Naga hex is quite of an improvement over it.

I am using G500 mouse my self, in world of warcraft with 47-53 keybinds I have, I tend to wish more buttons for mouse but I don't expect that to be such of a problem for Wildstar as it seems to have alot less abilities and keybinds than WoW.

G500 is also very accurate mouse and suitable for FPS games.
  2. Nemeses

Nemeses Well-Known Cupcake

G600 is a very good solid mouse and definitely not inaccurate (not sure how a mouse in inaccurate anyway)
  3. Infamouz

I didn't find the highly "scientific" test I did with G600, but I found my old G700 test picture.
    G500 ontop and G700 at the bottom.

[​IMG]

You can read from http://forums.logitech.com/t5/G-series-Gaming-Mice/G700-and-small-mouse-movements/td-p/482089 that many customers have been dissatisfied with their mouse. The small mouse movement is random and especially in shooter games made sniping and tracking targets, headshots and what not almost impossible. Basically in that "test" I tried to draw a straight line as slow as possible in Mspaint and see what I get as result.

In the G500 you can see rather straight lines. Only my hand shaking or me being generally inaccurate made the line less than straight. In G700 you can see how the mouse all the suddently started living it's own life, made curves and bends without any warning.

I did these tests just on the table, over a blank A4 paper, over a school paper with grid, over a Steelseries Qck soft mouse pad and ontop of a hard steelseries mousepad and got the same results. I can no longer test these tho cause I returned the mouses to shop beind dissatisfied of their performance.
  4. Infamouz

If you have a need for multiple buttons on the mouse I would suggest Razer Naga Hex. It is quite accurate and has better feeling to it than normal Naga. My girlfriend has that mouse and its quite good, but I like my G500 more.

[​IMG]
    vs
    [​IMG]
  5. Infamouz

I had that mouse for some 5-6 years. It was pure epic just awesome!

I had to give alot of emergency care to it, but it did the job. I used it so much that the plastic ontop of left and right mouse triggers wore out and even if you pressed the buttons all the way down the triggers couldn't connect. So what does one do in that kinda situation?!

One puts MacGyver theme on and proceeds to:

Eat a little can of yoghurt.
    [​IMG]
    Proceed to wash the can of yoghurt.
    Cut a small piece of plastic off the can.
    Get some superglue and glue that piece on the trigger.
    Proceed to sand off excess amount of plastic and get the triggers to right level.
    Put mouse back together and enjoy your awesome MX1000 mouse for another few years.
    kuunkulta likes this.
  6. BlindSear

BlindSear Super Cupcake

I just did a quick test with my G700 on wireless and it appeared to work just fine. I of course don't play FPS games because I'm terrible at them, so I can't speak for that type of thing. The only issues I've ever had where it reacted weirdly is if it was running low on battery or if there was something obstructing the optical laser, otherwise no issues of "random movement." I think they may have improved the design over the years somewhat due to complaints, as I bought mine last year, and the thread you posted has the most recent post at 2010. It's equally likely that I just don't use it to the same extent and therefore don't see/feel the randomness you're talking about.

My wife has the Naga Hex, and she loves it. I hate it because it's too small for my hand and has a super aggressive feel, in that the slant in the front is really steep and when your hand is resting on it, the buttons will sometimes get clicked by accident. The G700 is a good size/weight for me. The only thing that I don't like about the G700 is the charging wire is beefy, so if you're using it while it's charging, its gets annoying after a long bit of time, but the battery life is decent enough, (I wanna say like 4-6 hours, but I haven't had it die in a long time... I usually only unplug it when I'm gaming.)
  7. celestria

celestria Cupcake

I can only recommend the G600 too.

My G5 2sn edition had just too few buttons for MMO play.
    At first I tried a Naga, but if you have large hands then you will also find the naga too uncomfortable and miss the small buttons.

The G600 was an awesome replacement. The additional 2x6 buttons feel far better and are easier to find.
    Not to mention the additional right-right mouse button.

For MMO play I can also recommend a G13. Far more ergonomic then any keyboard and it gives your thumb extra function with the tiny joystick. The LCD is a bit of an overkill though.
  8. vicksen

vicksen Cupcake

I tend to be a bit more casual in my gameplay, so I have the lesser Razr Death Adder. I've had it since Wrath of the Lich King, and it's still going strong. Now if i could just convince the significant other to quit eating at the computer, then I wouldn't have to clean it nearly as often. /fml.
  9. Infamouz

Don't diss that Death Adder, my mates have said it is the most accurate mouse they have played with. I would love to have one for FPS games, and then have Razer Naga hex for mmo games.
    vicksen likes this.
  10. wasabi

wasabi Cupcake

Dat razer naga.. They're awesome for MMO's. Though, its probable it will break after a years use.
  11. Witless

Witless "That" Cupcake

Death Adder here. Got it after my MX518 finally dies (best mouse I ever had). I use it in conjunction with this lovely for MMO gaming. Love it!

I also recommend the Multi Monitor set up. I like going with this type of monitor surrounded by these. Gave away the 19" ones when I moved but still have the 27" and I miss not having browser opened on one and a movie or browser on the other.

Oh, and yes i am a Razer and Samsung fan.
  12. Infamouz

How would you rate Death Adder vs MX518? I have tested 518 also, but I found that even tho it was very accurate mouse, it wasn't as accurate as G500.
  13. Infamouz

I would love to have one of those, if it had one more row of buttons above the WASD position. It's very nice to have more buttons for your ring finger and your pinky, but I have 7 years of muscle memory of 123456 buttons in MMO Games, and it would be incredibly hard to learn out of using those. :(
  14. Witless

Witless "That" Cupcake

Hmmm... not sure if this will make sense but it feels smoother. Definitely more accurate and a bit more responsive, or at least that's it's feel. For me it's all feel and it felt better than a MX 518. Never tested the G500.

I bought the Nostromo about 3 months ago. I am playing GW2 and found that with more actiony combat my large hands are awkward in the typical WASD setup on the keyboard. This feels better. Still a bit tight but a lot easier to control. I don't have to bunch the hand up in some kind of awkward claw. I have had it for a few months and am just getting used to it. Almost returned it the first month as I was not used to it. Glad I didn't.