1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Art HoneyB doesn't care: BEADART.

Discussion in 'WildStar Fan Creations' started by HoneyBadger, Mar 29, 2013.

1. HoneyBadger

HoneyBadger Cupcake

Yes, the B stands for Badger, not BEE you silly Aurins.

Beadart left and right!

(no, it's not BEARart or BREADart or BEARDart. but at this point I might as well make some *Screams internally*)

So with the advent of people posting their stuff left and right, I figured that I wanted to do the same. I haven't set up a DA account (mostly because I am too damn lazy for it) but maybe if people nagged me enough I'd perhaps do it.

I am thinking on making a beadart; obviously W* themed; but I have no idea of what just yet. Maybe the sigil on the WildStar logo?

A bit too ambitious but I'd want to make our famous Aurin to the left of the screen (mostly due to the colors being such a perfect blend, and I have the beads needed for such a thing).

And yeah I know the whole deal with Beadartist who just look at a spritesheet and yada yada yada, there are a ton who does it even without. Example would be this, no?

(I am not going to post the whole image on the forum because they are too damn huge.)

http://i.imgur.com/4Taa9j6.jpg - Nyancat.
    http://i.imgur.com/YYK5FPb.jpg - Some Peekatchuu *NUDGES SOMEONE WITH A PIKACHU AVATAR*
    http://i.imgur.com/YFwUoRl.jpg - Scott Pilgrim sprite made into looking like a IRL friend and his white guitar. Size comparison on the side. Notice that he is standing on my Beadpen :D

-------------------------------------------------------------

And then we come to the things that has taken too many hours of my life to make because I specifically didn't use a sheet and only my own eyes and imagination to do these things.

After I had made that one, I never attempted doing something like that again (There were TOO many trial and errors and trying to make it look as excellent as possible). I was moving out of my home by the time this one was almost finished, so I am a bit bummed (but I will get back to it for sure)

*editted out for now*

Then again, I usually hate posting my stuff over the net because people will never give credit since someone will ALWAYS copy it, so I've basically given out the 'sprite sheet' for the Squirtle Kamina now with my beadart.

I even made this one!

http://i.imgur.com/QJhim96.jpg

This one. The frustration that came with making this one. Geez. The jutting lower body is meant to be that way to get a more vintage feel, and it's my friends character in Minecraft. Gave it to her on her graduation.

Though the hipocrisy that came with me talking about 'stealing', I did make a beadart of:
    http://tinyurl.com/d9egjmq
    This one, a friend of mine asked me if I could do the exact same that he did and she even started to beg me. The guy who made that one however, posted all the parts on how to make it so it wasn't as hard as it looked, just glue stuff together. In the end it looked too damn neato.

--------------------------------------------------------------

So with all of that covered, what do you think? should I make a beadart of any art that currently exist of WildStar? making my own would be too hard and would require me to draw.

I could make beadart out of anything random that isn't WildStar related as well, but it would be too annoying if I don't have the colors for it. (So expect different colors if I'd do it). I'd be happy to mail if anyone would want something ._. I've made way more than the things I posted here, some keyrings and some wallhangers.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-e8lq0gDTKCA/T3oh0pVbLfI/AAAAAAAAAy8/YGtrkFEyOZw/s1600/Rave.jpg

I even made this one into a huge wallhanger (Aprox 19 inches high and 11~ inches wide. Or 50cm by 30 circa.). My only regret is not taking a picture of the finished product since I was so excited to deliver it... stupid badger. All I have is a picture of me starting it a few ways.

And no, I am not a brony.
  2. Joukehainen

Joukehainen Well-Known Cupcake

I read that "beardart." Wishful thinking I suppose.

:D
    Goreshank likes this.
  3. HoneyBadger

HoneyBadger Cupcake

BEAR'd Art, now that would be cool.

But BEARDart you say?

[​IMG]

It's the Mustache that Gotham deserves.

But not the one that it needs right now.
    So we'll shave it, because it can take it.

Because it's not a beard.
    It's a silent guardian... a hairy protector.

A Dark Mustache.
  4. Bellaby

Bellaby Well-Known Cupcake

Me too lol, dreams were shattered! Still though, SQUIRTLE FO' LIFE!
    HoneyBadger likes this.
  5. Inukeu

Inukeu Well-Known Cupcake

wow didnt think bead-art could be that good and im sure there will be some kind of fan art you could use for Wildstar or even a screen saver but I would definitely like to see more :D
    HoneyBadger likes this.
  6. InnocentCivilian

InnocentCivilian "That" Cupcake

Man, I didn't even KNOW that 'bead art' was a thing until this thread!

You're clearly a master at it though, HoneyBadger! How long do these things take? @____@
    HoneyBadger likes this.
  7. HoneyBadger

HoneyBadger Cupcake

Too many damned hours.

And if you have a table, you better hope you don't accidentally nudge it since the beads jump all over the place, even if the impact isn't even that strong.

And since you place a bunch of 3.5mm beads in the THOUSANDS, you can imagine how much patience you'd need for it.
  8. FelixAkuma

FelixAkuma Cupcake-About-Town

Sounds like an adrenaline pumping thrill ride! Lol .. :p
  9. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

I love it especially the Minecraft character. :)
  10. Goreshank

Goreshank Cupcake-About-Town

It took me a minute to process what this picture actually made out of. Intense HoneyB, intense.
  11. HoneyBadger

HoneyBadger Cupcake

I am still thinking on what to create.

At the current, I am actually contemplating making Keyrings out of other Guild's emblem.

I have a few on the making... I just have to plan and get those 'square math paper' things and start painting out...