1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Hover Bike - Type of mount you want to see?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Crybone, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Crybone

Crybone Cupcake-About-Town

Update = http://www.wildstar-online.com/uk/blog/wildstar_wednesday_h.php
    ---------------------------------------------------

I wanted to start a discussion since the forum has been a bit silenced. I know it isn't much to talk about atm, but the hover bike was a cool sneak peak so i wanted to give it a try.

First out in the second picture the bike looks enormous compared to the Aurin, but it looks quite cool in use!

So my question, what type of mount do you want / or not?
  2. Thee

Thee Cupcake

Hoover skateboards! ;)

And of course I want to be able to tame and mount that Metal Maw! Yeah, I know... I know. ;)
  3. Autumnal

Autumnal Cupcake-About-Town

No conversation about mounts would be complete without the mention of *flying* mounts. Be they uber-rare, hard-to-craft, cash shop enhancement, ect. Getting from point A to point B will always be a matter of choice, and some choose to tempt Icarus's Fate. This, of course, precludes the idea that the game engine will support a "z axis" above terrestrial limitations.

Now, of course, I'm not saying "Gee, let's have the Angel/Demon wings that *every* other mmo has". Quite the contrary, We have the option to "1 up" Wow's old gyrocopters, but nothing so overdone as the proverbial "jetpacks", either. I dunno, gossamer holo-foils, perhaps?

We stand at a precipice where the creativity and ingenuity of WS can imagineer these things well in advance of any hint of "coming soon".
    Brotoi likes this.
  4. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

Aww, I was about to say jetpack... of course, it could use some form of anti-gravity technology instead of rockets.

Perhaps we could get a personal shuttlecraft - it could even persist when landed (and even be susceptible to environmental/NPC damage).

Of course, if we have hoverbikes, we could maybe have some hover-ATVs or similar? Perhaps even allow pillion/passengers.
  5. SiegaPlays

SiegaPlays "That" Cupcake

Hover board sounds cool for ground mount. One that does not go "doh" like in back to the future, but can actually take you cross water.

Scubadivingbike for the water worthy mount.

Science submarines for long exploration journeys underwater.

Parashuting/paragliding gear for jumping off midway from whatever means of "public transportation" there is - with potential of getting stuck in a tree or on a cliffside or land on top of some pack of beasts - or pvp area that can see you from a mile away - if you can not figure out how to manouvre - and with the otherwise unaccessable area achievements to support those explorer masters of the sky.
  6. starspun

starspun Well-Known Cupcake

I was going to suggest hoverboards when I saw the thread, but Thee beat me to it. Besides that, a girrok!

... that's all I've got right now. Buh.