1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

How is crafting going to work and will it be worth it?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Alverant, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky Well-Known Cupcake

You're just one of those people who loves to argue for the sake of arguing and when you don't get your way, you start raging like you are now. Go ahead and keep on raging, bro.
  2. Dargenus

Dargenus Cupcake-About-Town

Not sure what point you're trying to make, Jabberwocky... if someone needs to quote obscure discussions elsewhere to prove their point, I am not sure if they have one, haha... most of the stuff discussed in the MMO arena is still very new and not really organized, with very little fact. 95% of this is opinions. So quoting articles doesn't really make sense.
  3. Vyver

Vyver "That" Cupcake

And you're one of those people who try to divert the discussion by claiming that anyone disagreeing with your is raging, because when it comes to backing up your own talking points you don't know where to start.

but sorry, I was "raging" there

and that would be a pretty great system. I don't/can't know how chips will factor into the crafting system (will crafted items come with chips, or are we in charge of slotting things?) but it stands to say that the chipping system could be the focal point of great crafting. Different types of content is going to require different stats (pvp will require more disrupt armor, raiding will focus more on a single point of the trinity, soloer's need to be jack of all trades, small group pve has a little more leeway than raiding etc etc) so different types of content should reward or drop different types of chips.

Crafters will play the content they want to craft for, obtain said chips, which lets them craft items suited towards the content they play.

bing bang boom
  4. Ellianar

Ellianar Cupcake-About-Town

Maybe look at this? http://www.wildstar-central.com/ind...game-itemization-goals.3485/page-7#post-79073

The whole thread is about itemization and craft and was on first page for like a month, but maybe you didn't read it at the time.

Some interesting statement by a carbine developper : Craft will be BoE so yeah auction pay to win and the other bull<REDACTED> i see people claiming here.

Oh another thing on this concern : http://wildstar-central.com/index.php?threads/circuit-board-crafting-random-chips-discussion.3120/

how can someone stating D3 auction house system is a fail ( damn even blizzard understood it ) would want to let raid equivalent gear go out on the AH?
  5. Prof. Walrus

Prof. Walrus Cupcake

That's because the AH in D3 removed the complete fun of the Diablo franchise -.- The power of Diablo II was the individual trading between players. ANY item on the AH was an item too many in D3.
    MMORPGs are a different game from DC, so the comparison isn't correct.
  6. Ellianar

Did you even actually read what I post? Wildstar use a randomness in loot, like what? oh snap the diablo series? So yeah it is actually the same issue.
  7. Prof. Walrus

Prof. Walrus Cupcake

I tend to ignore ignorant statements.. Diablo isn't the only game with a randomness in loot, in fact I think it's most common in online games with loot.

The problem I had with D3's auction house is not equivalent to the problem stated in this thread. In D3 it wasn't just the epics, it was everything, the entire AH. Now this may just be the rambling of a nostalgic Diablo II fanboy, but you can't compare a dungeon crawler to a MMORPG..

In diablo people were mad because the interaction was gone, you didn't need to find other players anymore which were willing to trade. In the same contrast the entire mechanic of D3 was too different and quest based compared to D2.

In WS people are mad because they think people will buy themselves into the game with CREDD and epics crafting.
  8. Zephiris

Zephiris New Cupcake

I actually disagree, I think the best gear should come from crafting. But, the ingredients needed to craft such armor should come from those instances that require 20, 40 whatever people.

Also, to make it a bit more interesting (yes, I do like RNG stuff in MMO's) it would be cool if there are differences in stats when you make gear with ofcourse a minimum stats at all times. That would give crafting that already good gear with rare stats (closer to the maximum stats possible) very interesting to either keep, sell or trade with fellow guild mates.

Crafting should be the lifeblood of a MMO, instead of the usual BoP top gear. It would make having a economy in a MMO actually just that bit more interesting.
  9. Laban

Laban Cupcake-About-Town

I'm one of those people who hates crafting, I rather just focus on what I like (PvP) and nothing but that. I'm also a min-maxer, so I hate when you're almost forced into a profession just because of some passive or essential BoP item.

Crafting should be rewarding though, I think those who doesn't want to partake in high end PvP or PvE should be able to craft equivalent (BoP) gear, just it being more time consuming and relatively high in cost in terms of materials and currency. As well as being able to make quality of life benefits such as potions, quick travel, remote access to bank etc.

Stuff that stem from crafting and are essential to everyone trying to maximize their character (such as the gems in WoW) should always be BoE, it's a win for people like me and a win for the crafters trying to make a profit. Even though the crafting in SWTOR was pretty slack (since you just sent your companions out on missions and never had to do anything yourself) it was still annoying but absolutely essential, some of the items (BoP) were just too bloody good.
  10. Ellianar

This is the same issue, people complain about getting BiS stuff in the AH, in D3 the game broke because you didn't farm stuff but gold and would go to the AH and get better stuff anyway. We are talking about the same issue, looting 70-80% optimal gear while 90-95% optimal gear are sold at the AH.
  11. Prof. Walrus

Prof. Walrus Cupcake

I agree.
  12. FairyTailisBack

FairyTailisBack Cupcake-About-Town

To be fair nothing in D3 binds to you either. That was a huge mistake, since they went with the AH.
  13. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky Well-Known Cupcake

LOL, no.
  14. ariss

ariss New Cupcake

My mmo experience has been SWG, WoW, and SWTOR and I have to say I've longed for the crafting experience that was present in SWG. I thought it was cool that someone could basically play the game just as a crafter and be one of the most widely known people on the server because they made the best stuff. Mass production was also really cool. I also enjoyed that someone could simply be a resource harvestor, though it helped to have a combat spec to kill things in higher level areas to drop harvesters.

I've been much less of a fan of crafting in WoW and SWTOR where you have to raid to get item drops to make something decent and even then it normally didn't compete with raid gear. I've always been an endgame raider so it's not that I didn't have access to those drops.

I'm guessing the system here will more closely follow a system like WoW and SWTOR, but I'm anxiously awaiting a crafting reveal at some point in the future!