1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

How to be a Healthy Gamer

Discussion in 'Gaming Arena' started by Blankspace, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Deltre

Deltre Cupcake-About-Town

Oh God, just took like a month off from working out. Been on vacation and junk. Getting back into it is gonna be a pain X_x

Though I am a huge supporter of this thread.
    Blankspace likes this.
  2. Blankspace

Blankspace WTB Fun Forum Title

That's awesome! Welcome back to getting your butt kicked in the gym!
  3. Deltre

Hah thanks man. I talk like I hate it, but I love going to the gym. Plus, I enjoy being an in-shape, well dressed geek....no one sees it coming.
    Blankspace likes this.
  4. Blankspace

Seriously. One of the best feelings is like, oh yeah I'm a huge nerd and people do that double take/check you out and are like... 'really?' :ninja:

Warms my heart.
  5. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Check out my biceps...

<Female audience faints from amazement.>
  6. Deltre

You selling any tickets bro?
  7. Xlugon Pyro

Gazing upon my awesome musculature is a universal human right. No payments needed, for my muscular exposure is for the greater good!
  8. Xecks

Xecks Cupcake-About-Town

im male and i fainted :(
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  9. Xlugon Pyro

I'm just too damn sexy. I turn straight men gay.
  10. Xecks

Xecks Cupcake-About-Town

true. lol jk. seriously though we should get married.
  11. Blankspace

12. Deltre

Bumps for justice....reps for Jesus.
  13. Blankspace

Seriously. Always do that last rep. For Jesus!
  14. Deltre

I always do my last rep for beta invites.

Edit: I've seen massive gains.
    Blankspace likes this.
  15. Blankspace

Best. Response. Ever.
  16. Blue Tunic Man

Blue Tunic Man Cupcake-About-Town

Every time I read these things I get frustrated because it seems like diet is a huge thing. To that I say, have you ever lived with a divorced father for extended periods of time? You have no control over what gets bought and trying to cook for yourself is an uphill battle at best.

So every time I see these things I just want to flip a table and eat my one meal a day that happens to be potato soup or chicken. It's not entirely unhealthy and my father does know how to cook but damn, I'd kill for some vegetables and get all my servings in. Breakfast? Helloooo!? Why do you people not eat this stuff!?

But that aside, that's cool. I do exercise on the side and walk around and drink boatloads of water.
    Question, is plain tea bad? Plain black tea with no sugar whatsoever. We brew that stuff up in massive amounts and I'm a sucker for it.
  17. Blankspace

Tea is great! Certain ones have loads of antioxidants, it helps hydrate the body, has been known to reduce the risk of Parkinson's and there is even some research about the polyphenols in green tea that may help maintain the parts of the brain that regulate learning and memory! One drawback is Tannins may not actually be bioavailable for humans but lab that have studied is strongly show that it does have the same benefits just not as significant as in a lab :)
    Blue Tunic Man likes this.
  18. Deltre

Yeah man, I feel ya. Back when I was a kid and visited my dad on the weekends we'd eat pizza and then he'd make pancakes for the weekend...I mean the whole weekend. That was breakfast and lunch on Saturday and Sunday. Also, my mom can't cook to save her life, I ate a lot of frozen processed food growing up.

Just do what you can bro, diet is a really big part of it. Especially if you aren't super active during the day, you really have to watch what you eat. Maybe try making dinner a few times during the week and getting your whole family on a health binge. I also find cooking kinda fun, I finally have a full kitchen to make things in and there's just something about preparing food and having other people enjoy it that makes me happy.
  19. Blue Tunic Man

Blue Tunic Man Cupcake-About-Town

The only person that I live with that isn't -really- old is my father, who's a constant smoker and gives no cares about health, and my little brother.... is little and has that little kid metabolism. :p I'm almost certain I'm the only one that'd really give a proper healthy lifestyle a try.

But it's not that bad, I can just suck it up until I leave and get my own place. I'm six foot something anyway so it'd take a lot of food binging to get to obesity rank: MEGAPHAT ON MOTORCARTS IN WALLMART.

But so help me, when I get my own place the only junk food is the food I make myself... And everything will be nice.

(And yeah, cooking is a lot of fun imo. It's a major life skill to pick up because people love people that can make good food and can score major points.)
  20. Sarigar

Sarigar Cupcake

The OP has a lot of good thoughts and advice. I know I need to get back on track, diet and exercise-wise; I haven't worked out in a while, and it shows. I haven't lost much muscle, but it's gone soft, and I definitely have a spare tire to show for my slackitude. I keep telling myself to get back to the gym, but... I hate the gym... I love naps... you see my dilemma.

Regardless, this winter I am going to stay active, eat better, and get back to my 2011 prime. It won't take long, I just have to DO it. And I will! Probably! Yeah!
    Blankspace likes this.