1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

How to Create Signatures?

Discussion in 'WildStar Fan Creations' started by TastierOak, Aug 5, 2013.

1. TastierOak

TastierOak Cupcake

I have seen all of these people on WSC that have awesome custom signatures. I was just wondering how people create them.
  2. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

Photoshop/gimp.
  3. Skippy

Skippy Well-Known Cupcake

I made mine on gimp (free program like Photoshop), albeit I am extremely amateur with it so mine's average. There's also a few people in the community who make them for people, there's a few threads around for it.
  4. TastierOak

TastierOak Cupcake

I just downloaded gimp. ( Not so good at it) but i guess ill get good at it.
  5. Infraynor

Infraynor New Cupcake

Depending on how good you want to get I would recommend joining a graphics community and repeatedly doing tuts for a year or so.
  6. Myrrdhinn

Myrrdhinn Well-Known Cupcake

You should send a message to MMOPapa. He is the Signature master genius here! :)
    He'll make you a signature, if you ask him nicely. ;)
    Extatica likes this.
  7. TastierOak

TastierOak Cupcake

You have an awesome signature. Did you make that or get it made? And did you make it with gimp?
  8. Infraynor

Infraynor New Cupcake

Photoshop CS6, if you are a beginner I would recommend CS4 though.
    I made it, it was pretty rushed, it's essentially just a background, a wildstar wallpaper thing, a character, the granok, and a few C4D and Lighting effects/fractals. Oh and adjustment layers to create mood and add to the depth and atmosphere and a pinch of manipulation A C4D is basically those black spikey objects in the forground, midground and background. C4Ds are used to add depth to a piece, to fill dead space and make it interesting and draw your eyes to the focal.
    If you want C4D's, Fractals, lights, http://platinification.deviantart.com/ this guy is highly renowned for his resources in the tag making scene, he is also amazing at making them http://platinification.deviantart.c...45168?q=gallery:Platinification/31453462&qo=6 just check his work.
    For learning I would recommend getting a basic grasp of photoshop, youtube will help you a lot, or if you have any queries you can find there hit me up and I'll try my best. Once you feel you understand photoshop start making signatures, you can get tons of good tuts just from a simple search!
    As I said before once you get into tagmaking head over to a graphics community, I was apart of http://gfxforums.net/great people there, who are amazing artists and will help you a lot, expect harsh critique though. It isn't a fast process, don't expect to know photoshop in a couple days.
    Sorry if that's a poor read, when I type I'm not too organised so It's probably a jumbled mess of thoughts ;P
    Oh and if you want to use gimp it's fine just search gimp tutorials, it can do essentially everything photoshop can it's just a bit harder to learn and will be bad at a professional level.
  9. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I always use my Chua's 5 steps plan to Domination:

Step 1: Find an awesome theme I want for my signature.

Step 2: Find an awesome picture that goes with it.

Step 3: Ask Myrrdhinn for some random text that goes with it ;)

Step 4: Beg MMOPapa to make me a signature with the elements I give him

Step 5: Sit back, and relax

And that's how this Chua made all of his Signatures :p
    Myrrdhinn and Infraynor like this.
  10. TastierOak

TastierOak Cupcake

Lol:) good plan. I think, haha. I've been working on step 4, waiting on a response
  11. TastierOak

TastierOak Cupcake

Yeah, I like the lighting.
  12. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Can take a week now, i've heard he's really busy :D But it's worth it (if you like mine, he made it aswell).
  13. TastierOak

TastierOak Cupcake

Yeah I expect he would, I saw all of the requests on his profile. I put one in, I have the perfect idea!
  14. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Don't you go make yourself sit behind the Desk in the Oval office! (It's been done ;))

President of the Chu.S.A
    [​IMG]
  15. TastierOak

TastierOak Cupcake

lol! yeah you dont have to worry about doing that!