1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

How to make the 4th exile race unique?

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Mr_Wayne, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Mr_Wayne

Mr_Wayne Cupcake

The speculation of the 4th race for the Exiles is in fact a zombie / cyborg thing. In my opinion that is awesome and would love playing that. However, I hope and pray it isnt just a human with a zombie skin. Even though I do not really have any ideas how to make them different besides maybe when they walk around which is unique by the way, they would fall part (no health loss, just animation). Other than that I am dry with ideas. Just dont want them to be copy and paste humans which I know Carbine wont do but still. What are your thoughts?

By the way first post, yay :D
  2. Rumze

Rumze "That" Cupcake

Welcome to the forums first of all and your first post!

They appear to be wearing some sort of suit from the small snippets so far, so maybe a lava lamp like effect or bubble effect in the helmet ! Or maybe like the mars attack aliens!

They could leak gas or liquid etc out of their suit and deflate on dying maybe.

Umm and a little bouncy when they walk as in their joints stretch out a bit.
    Yinello likes this.
  3. shadowclasper

shadowclasper Cupcake-About-Town

WAIT!? SUIT!? Why is this not in the 4th exile race speculation thread!?
  4. pondfilter

pondfilter Cupcake

I personally hope they won't go overboard with the flashy details. I'm all for the zombie/mutated/cyborg concept but I hope it doesn't get too.. goofy. The OP holds a valid point though. It would be nice if they were a little different from whichever race they represent. Be it Human, Aurin or perhaps even a Dominion race.

One neat thing I can think of is that we'll be able to choose the mutation/zombie-like features through the customization options in the character creator. For example we could choose which limbs are damaged and in what way, be it some flesh ripped off, some tubes sticking out, etc.
    iiFrank likes this.
  5. Yinello

Yinello Cupcake-About-Town

I think it would be cool if they weren't these sad deteriorating creatures that hate the living like WoW's Undead. :p Instead they are proud of their tubes and chemicals, I just changed mine last tuesday, this acid not only cleanses my skin but polishes my bone, look my tube is glowing!
  6. ShadowNugget

ShadowNugget Cupcake

This might be a little too much but I'm sort of hoping that they walk and run on all fours and then rise slightly when they attack. For this they would also need to be quite savage, but judging by the equipment shown in the Meet the Exiles video that might not be the case.
  7. BlindSear

BlindSear Super Cupcake

It is... somewhere, but once the dregg thing started it kinda broke down but.
    [​IMG]

................/\
    .................|_____That looks pretty much like a suit holding together a zombie to me.

It's probably an experiment gone horribly awry by the dominion trying to keep the Cassians alive. So, I wouldn't be terribly surprised if it were in the image of the Cassians, just... undeadier... Possibly have different respirator looks and options on life support equipment to make them look unique.
  8. Brimdang

Brimdang Cupcake

Probably reaching but it only has one bone in it's forearm but people have two, possible indicator of an undeadish alien race? That or it's just a style desicion.
  9. BlindSear

BlindSear Super Cupcake

Could be, mine was just a guess. Then again if you put your left arm up in the air at the same angle your two bones line up one directly in front of the other (or close enough) from that perspective. Also the bone on the inside is smaller than the one on the outside of the forearm. So, it could simply be that the second bone is just behind and not able to be seen. This is of course a bit reachy too.

Edit (afterthought): Also, some of the bones may have broken and been discarded and then the suit is made to be an exoskeleton where this has happened? (still reaching)
  10. ShadowNugget

ShadowNugget Cupcake

This might be a little late but if you look under that red part, the tube isn't there anymore so I think it would probably be more like some sort of tubing holding the exposed parts together.
  11. BlindSear

BlindSear Super Cupcake

Depending on the amount of decomposition, the whole body could be placed in this "apparatus," I think suit was used in lieu of a better term. Either way it looks like it has some sort of life sustaining... thing.
  12. Dagzter

Dagzter New Cupcake

I'm quite taken with the perspex tubing on the limbs and/or torso, but I somehow feel I'd prefer the head to remain 'helmet' free. Suitable undead styling around the eyes, mouth and nose would, of course, be fine :)
  13. Mortelugo

Mortelugo New Cupcake

What are the speculations to the available class combinations for the undead race of the Exile?
  14. ShadowNugget

ShadowNugget Cupcake

One word: Tusks. I mean, every race has a certain body part as a symbol like the Draken with their horns, Aurin with their bunny ears and humans with their...anyway, so naturally the only really significant body part left in the MMO universe are tusks...and elf ears, but no one <REDACTED> likes elf ears.
    Lumzk likes this.
  15. Bolt

Bolt Cupcake

I think the undead/zombie/mutant race would do well for the exile faction. Right now I think they are a little low on the big and scary races. The granok are the only ones that fill that role atm. Conversely, the dominion have 2 , being the mechari and draken. Hopefully the dominon would get something to balance that out as well. An evil menacing fluffy bunny face would be perfect for that. :roflamo:
  16. WANDERER

WANDERER New Cupcake

My guess was essentially Cyborg/Zombie guys (based on that Exiles video arm) kinda like the Exiles version of Mechari in that they have a robotic suit but maybe we get to make a composite race. Like a Frankenstein's Monster of the other races, choosing whatever parts you want. Mix and Match customisation on a cyborg frame. Or even something like 'Johann Kraus' from Hellboy 2. Where you can be a 'mist in a jar' or 'brain in a bowl'.