1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

I am meeting Jeremy Gaffney on Wednesday & i want your questions!

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by KaeyiDream, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Sassaroth

Sassaroth Cupcake

We have housing and warplots. Will we be able to build floating guild halls? A place for meetings or to set up a raid portal and the like?
  2. Convicted

Convicted Super Cupcake

this one has been asked I believe, raid portals will be connected to the house, and they said warplots will be the guild halls, they dont have plans for an additional place called "guild hall".
  3. KaeyiDream

KaeyiDream Cupcake

These are the questions i have picked as my favourites and will try and get asked during the Q&A. Thank you all who posted there are some really great questions here!

Is there a hard limit to the amount of items/objects we can place in our homes? And if so, how many is it currently?

How long does Carbine think it will take,for the hardest 40 man raid in the game to be completed (days from launch).

Will female aurin come in hair colors other than purple and if so, could you give us some examples of the alternative color options for female aurin hair?

Can the opposing faction destroy settler buildings? If so will they be able to salvage any materials from doing so?

Will there be faction leaders (Like Garosh etc)? If so, can we raid their towns, kill them, and steal their furniture?

Will there be legendary weapons and if so how time consuming they will be to get and will they have special effects similar to the kind Thunderfury in WoW has?

How many Servers are there going to be at launch, and what ratio will there be between PVE/PVP/RP?
    Any update on the Rowsdower plushies?

What is Carbine's stance on multiple difficultiesper raid (hardmodes), and is it likely to change?

In terms of balance, are Carbine intending to make pure class performance output (dps/hps) equal? The recent armor changes that give lighter armors more assault power can be referred to in this question (Espers deal more Assault Power damage as they use light armor [CBT 3 patch notes]

Will there be paid character services such as name change, faction change, race change, realm change, etc.

I want to know if they have reached any consensus on the debate of flying mounts. It seems like the community is pretty split on the idea of having them.

Will races have different racial bonuses? For an example, in WoW, the Gnomes started with a higher engineering rating and such.

You've stated that cross-faction communication will be disabled, but by judging the response of the community it seems like the majority want some kind of communication between the 2 factions, either it be through /s or emotes. Are you considering to change this decision? And if you won't, why not?

Will you be introducing more weapon variety to each class in the future?

Do the LFG tools teleport you to group content when a group is found? If so how will you deal with players feeling like they are just in a server lobby rather than a fully fleshed world where you have to travel to a dangerous boss location?

Will guilds be able to build a guild mansion/hall using the plug/socket tech that is used in the warplots and houses?

Is name reservation going to be a possibility?
  4. KaeyiDream

KaeyiDream Cupcake

UPDATE: The Q&A went fantastic.. i recorded over 1hr 30mins of questions and answers etc. I will be posting the videos on my youtube channel linked in my signature.

It will most likely be in 3 parts.. 20 mins each ish after editing.

I hope i do you all proud :D
    Phakz, Nicodemus and Gronky like this.
  5. Skippy

Skippy Well-Known Cupcake

You got us a heap of questions answered (and hopefully some new info slips), of course you've done us proud.

Great coverage on the game so far Kaeyi, hope to see plenty more coming!
  6. HotToGo

HotToGo New Cupcake

Keenly waiting for you to upload your interview to YouTube.
  7. FlamingRuby

FlamingRuby Cupcake-About-Town

Cant wait for your upload either!
  8. KaeyiDream

KaeyiDream Cupcake

Here you go:

Q&A Lunch /w Jeremy Gaffney Exec. Producer of @Team_WildStar [Part 1/3]!

:inlove:
  9. FlamingRuby

FlamingRuby Cupcake-About-Town

That music in the background?Is there a reason?
    Haoli likes this.
  10. DarkenChao

DarkenChao New Cupcake

Kaeyi I must say you have done a very good job cannot wait for the rest of the interview. :3
  11. Gronky

Gronky Cupcake-About-Town

Kaeyi, thanks for entertaining part 1.
    Please wear pink hair in part 2 ;)
    KaeyiDream likes this.
  12. Convicted

Convicted Super Cupcake

bummer he didn't really answer the question on raid tier length, not sure if he misunderstood or was dodging, although he's normally pretty straight when answering, dunno on that one.
  13. Screenager

Screenager Cupcake-About-Town

He did really. He just answered it in a different way. He didn't state specifically a time frame from start to finish of a single run but he did give a rough estimate at what they were aiming for in terms of how long it would take to crack a raid.

Go have another listen or we've got it transcribed back on our article if you want to look (sorry yes I know blatant plug but just incase you missed it on the video thats all)
    =
  14. Convicted

Convicted Super Cupcake

Ill look back at the questions she selected again, it was my understanding that the question was intended to be "how long between tiers of raids" ...obviously worded however, but I'm sure thats the question we were looking for in this thread. Will the first tier be 4 months long...6 months...how long do you expect tiers to last before a new one is released. ( that idea ).

If he answered the question in the video correctly, then his answer was something we already knew and something he has already said in many past interviews, which I had thought the purpose of this thread was to ask him things that haven't already been answered before.

Edit - ok, looking at her questions above, yes she picked a different version than the one I was thinking, she specified ( days after launch ) to complete, so he did answer that.....but his answer was in fact the same one he has given in the past. ( dynamic weekly changes ).
    Oh well.
  15. Nicodemus

Nicodemus Well-Known Cupcake

Highly Anticipating Part 2 and 3!!!
  16. Gronky

Gronky Cupcake-About-Town

Yes, what happened to working through the night, hmm? :whistling:
    Nicodemus likes this.
  17. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

They got sleepy ;)
  18. Gronky