1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Story I had a dream, then a thought, then my friends turned it into an idea.

Discussion in 'WildStar Fan Creations' started by António Santos, Jun 13, 2013.

?

What do you guys/girls think? should this be a dungeon on wildstar?

1. I like it, i think the developers should use this.

25.0%
  2. I like it, but i don't think the developers should use this.

50.0%
  3. I don't like it, go home you don't belong here.

25.0%
  1. António Santos

António Santos New Cupcake

This is an idea I had and told a few friends they helped develop the theme and suggested I told the wildstar developers we don’t want anything in return just liked to see this or some version of this in this fantastic game. Thanks for the awesome work. And even this story doesn't make it in the game I hope at least it can give you some ideas not that you lack any J

There is a big bad boss like a red haired, bull headed, half human and blue all over, called Scorfa (or something), this guy is in a round room with pillars close to the walls, each pillar has a medieval weapon, that room is in a dark deep blue marble castle, which is floating mid air in the middle of valley kind of space (or something this isn't really that important).
    now imagine this: you get to valley, start checking that awesome looking castle you see gravity manipulating crystals on the ground below it you jump near them and float just inside the castle gates a group of guards is there to meet you, you kick ass, as usual, and start making your way into the castle dodging an unbelievable nearly annoying (NEARLY not actually) amount of fast triggering traps, because you are awesome you make it through unscathed, big freaking door the size of a gate stands before you, you push/blast/blow/smash it and open go inside

[Cinematic scene starts]
    Scorfa gets up from his throne on the other side of the room directly in front of you picks up an axe and a mace from the pillars closest to him
    [Cinematic scene ends]

This guys is not so bad you get a few hits in, his weapons break down as his hp goes lower, Scorfa is at 3/4 of his hp

[Cinematic scene starts]
    Scorfa lets go of the broken weapons picks up the a hammer and a sword from the two next pillars and lets off an earth shattering growl
    [Cinematic scene ends]

There you go again, start your offensive but, surprise, his attack pattern changed he is much harder to hit and to dodge from now, you use your bankai (or something i don’t know if we get a kind of awakening power in wildstar), anyway you manage to get a few more hits in, he's weapons break again as he gets to half his hp maybe 1/3

[Cinematic scene starts]
    Scorfa is truthfully pissed, but acts calm as he lets go of the hammer and sword, the ground starts shaking as he steps to the last two pillars the torches that are illuminating the room change color he picks up two epic looking spears assumes a martial arts kind of stance and gives you a signal that can only be interpreted as: come at me if have the balls, the camera centers on you, you assume the battle stance almost saying: you gonna get dead
    [Cinematic scene ends]

Now is almost impossible do get near him those spears have an amazing range somehow you manage to pull a victory out if your ass and finish him

[Cinematic scene starts]
    A slow motion version of the victory hit starts, Scrofa falls on the ground with a dead expression on his eyes, you feel obviously relieved and let out a sigh, the whole room is in ruins, everything is cracked from the ground to the walls even the ceiling, the whole thing stars to crumble, you dodge some of the falling pieces of ceiling, the shaking stops, the walls near the door are the only ones still standing with a little bit of roof over them, you look up at the now visible sky, then lower your eyes and start walking past Scorfa's body, then past his throne, over the debris, there you stand at the edge of the castle, epic music playing, you look down on the city, every single villager is singing and dancing praise to you, for you defeated the monster that had them afraid for so long, you smile...
    [Cinematic scene ends]

Endless loads of nice things money and xp are given to you. :)

THE END

What do you guys/girls think? should this be a dungeon on wildstar?

The screenshot is actually from an anime called sword art online but is more or less how I imagined Scorfa. screenshot-9_3_2012-2_03_34-pm.png
  2. Bravadorado

Bravadorado Cupcake-About-Town

I like a lot of your idea, but the setting and everything doesn't really work specifically for Wildstar.

Here are the things I like about your idea, combined with some ideas of my own:
    Enter dungeon, doesn't matter what it looks like or etc, but it has to be floating and made of stone. Fight boss guy at the end, boss guy does everything you say, pulling new weapons off pillars and changing his style of attack each time he gets a new weapon. When he pulls a weapon off of a pillar, the pillar crumbles and the ceiling gives in a bit. From the beginning of the encounter debris is falling from the ceiling, limiting your field of play. As more pillars get destroyed, the debris falls faster and heightens the difficulty of positioning a lot. Then you finally beat him, and in a cinematic scene the debris is falling around you and the entire structure begins to crumble and fall to the planet below. You leave the cutscene and are now on a timed cinematic to run and jump down pieces of falling building all the while avoiding other debris. You finally get close enough to the ground to jump without harm and you do so, then enter a cinematic where the falling building sort of explodes with a dust cloud behind you. You get propelled by the wave of force and you fall and roll painfully down a hill to relative safety.

You get rewards for beating the boss, and then if you make it through the debris jumping puzzle you get a bonus reward chest.

That's how I envisioned it as you were talking about it. Also, +1 for having an avatar that is an eye like mine :p I voted that I liked it, but I don't think they would/should use it as it is in it's current state.
  3. Demosthenes

Demosthenes Cupcake

Despite having a shy amount of detail - "Now is almost impossible do get near him those spears have an an amazing range somehow you manage to pull a victory out if your ass and finish him" - The fight itself sounds okay. Fankly, it has been done before. This does does not mean it is bad, but lacks originality. I'm going to compare - from what I understand of your description - fights from WoW since that is what I know the best.

Boss gets to X hp. Boss stops, pulls out new weapon from pillar and fight mechanics change. As fight continues the encounter becomes progressively harder. This is your concept as I understand it.
    In the dungeon Deadmines(original), the boss Mr.Smite would fight you, get to X hp and then change his weapons and the fight mechanics would change, doing more damage.
    In Utgarde Pinnacle, the boss King Ymiron would fight you, get to X hp, go to a pillar to summon a ghost spirit and then the boss encounter mechanics would change.
    In the Trial of Champions Dungeon, the Black Knight boss would be appear. Get him to X hp and would significantly change the mechanics of the fight, each new mechanic becoming harder as he loses hp.
    In Tempest Keep: The Eye, when fighting Kael'thas, killing off the adds or getting boss to X hp, the mechanics of the counter would change, becoming debatably harder.
    There are many others like this, but this gives you a broad idea. In all four of these encounters, the changed mechanics would not appear again during the fight such as the Black Knight would not perform the same mechanics as he did when he was at 100%hp at 50 or 20% hp aside from auto attacking.

On a personal note, I hate the idea of multiple cinematics in fights. If the boss stops and does a small speech to indicate the change in fight while he walks over to the pillar with weapons on it, that is okay. If the encounter stops and shows a movie, that is disconnecting from the fight. I'm also curious what would be happening to me while the boss gets his new weapon. Do I suddenly become stunned or blow us all back with a powerful stomp or do I get to keep wacking at him? Personally I prefer neither. A mechanic added to distract me from the boss might be better.

Maybe when the weapon breaks during the fight, he lets out a roar and the ceiling starts to fall down. I could keep attacking the boss but I may risk killing myself due to the falling debris. Perhaps he spawns adds or the boss grabs several players and throws them. If they are not caught by their allies they die or take significant damage. I'm suggesting a mechanic that does not tell me what to do rather gives me an option. Do I have to keep fighting the boss while he is not inherently hurting someone or should I not risk it and dodge the falling debris or kill the adds or catch my ally so he is not nearly dead at the beginning of a new fighting mechanic. I think transitions can be very unique that way when the player is given a choice.
  4. António Santos

nice thx i liked both your ideas.

The one ArdentSun mentioned that says the pillars fall as he picks the new weapon is very nice because it changes the arena you're fighting in, i didn't thought of this when i was writing but in some boss fights in other mmo games the fight goes on for so long that is actually boring so changing the arena may help with that.
    And medieval weapons don't fit very well in wildstar honestly idk where i had my head when i wrote that maybe some plasma swords or laser machine guns would be better.
    As to the mini game where you dodge falling debris and fall from the castle at the same time is nice but i'd like to look back a few levels after and see that gigantic fortress floating there looking majestic idk why, i think it would be a nice feeling maybe after the fight the villagers turn it into a castle for their new king or something.

And Demosthenes dodging the debris while the boss gets the weapon its a great idea too i love a game where i have the possibility to chose what i should be doing at any given time, i actually though about that it's just that i haven't played wildstar before obviously, so idk if they usually do that or cinematic scenes so i just went with what i think would be more enjoyable to read.
    As to the "been done before problem" i guess it has but you could look at it like this, if it was done so many times before, it's because it works, then again it could get repetitive, the lack originality thing, you're right but i actually imagined the whole thing it wasn't a copy of any sorts so sorry if i didn't know about all those other times where this idea had been used before.

Also i know i didn't focus on this on the initial post but the main point, the thing i'd really like to see done was the floating rock fortress with a boss inside.
    To tell you guys the truth the original idea i had was limited to that, my friends (actually one friend my lil bro ans sis :)) convinced me to write a whole story they say'd it would be more captivating i agree with them but everything except the floating giant castle can be changed i actually welcome any and all comments, opinions and ideas the better we can make this the more likely it is to be in the game and then we can all go there together and say "hey guys i helped develop this dungeon, i had a little hand in this" would that be awesome or what?

thank you guys for the new ideas and for not ignoring me :)
  5. Bravadorado

Bravadorado Cupcake-About-Town

The problem is that we don't really have majestic castles or needy villagers in WS lol (We also don't have many kings, at least not kings in the way you are thinking). Those are more medieval fantasy themed things. The way I picture it is perhaps some sort of floating eldan ruins or a facility, sort of like the Focus of Air.

AS for it being done before, that is true, but I can't think of any bosses bar Mr. Smite who actually implement a similar style. And Mr. Smite was a pathetic level 20 dungeon boss in WoW, no where near enough room to fully implement the style. Plus, adding in the breaking pillars and falling debris would heighten the uniqueness. And instead of that minigame jumping puzzle at the end, once he reaches his third weapons and the last pillars, then a cinematic will appear. The cinematic showing the castle falling and then that will be the enrage timer, you don't beat him fast enough and you all splat. Then if you beat him in that time it goes into a cinematic where you make it safely off the falling building.

Also np for listening to your ideas, what is a community for?
  6. António Santos

XD love your signature.
    And you are absolutely right we don't have kings in ws, and as you said no many majestic castles either, but that elden floating ruin is a great idea, it could maybe look like some sort of a castle (forget the majestic) all circuity and crazy inside that a boss monster of that region took over and is using as a hideout maybe?
    Then we players are tasked with getting some sort of data or weapon that the boss got a hold of, and so we have to kill him.

it maybe looks like this, but with different color and smaller this is like the size of a country, perhaps only the round thing in the top? Untitled.jpg