1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

I'd like to take a second to talk about Boobs.

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Imafrakkincylon, May 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nunchi

Nunchi Cupcake

Never seen a game where you can choose cup size. Should be able to shape boobs like silly putty in the character creator, lol.
  2. CriSPeH

CriSPeH Cupcake-About-Town

Well "Balloon Boobs" only look ridiculous to women,
    "Balloon Balls" would look ridiculous to everyone.

As far as the skimpy outfits if you watch "Celebrity Award Show blah blah blah" you will notice most the female Celebrities seem to be in some sort of contest of who can show the most boob without popping a nipple.
    All the men are in suits.

The players will be the "Celebrities" of the Wildstar world, exploring, conquering and building huge Mansions in the sky.

But I of course side with the women, including my wife right beside me that the game needs to 4go reality and add a boob slider so females can have whatever size boobs they want....well I guess that is reality, whatever
    BOOBIES!
  3. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

This "second" the OP wanted to set aside has turned into something much more than that.

Any talk of boobs is simply the inception of World War III!
  4. Seagrey

Seagrey Cupcake-About-Town

Sorry, but using a Celebrity as a role model for ANYTHING is like using Hannibal Lecter as a role model for social behavior.
    Risetta likes this.
  5. CriSPeH

Yet I doubt I could find a single person that would honestly say no to being rich and famous!

They might not be who you should be, but they are who you would be, if you could be.
  6. eselle8

eselle8 Well-Known Cupcake

Is it an option to just be rich? I certainly wouldn't turn that part of it down, but fame doesn't look like much fun.
  7. Azzurri

Azzurri Podcaster

I'm not that big of a boob dude, but I do like a nice booty :D
    Risetta, Teehk and Xlugon Pyro like this.
  8. Seagrey

There are so many negatives tied into fame especially if you value your private life. Also, great wealth causes as many problems as it solves.
  9. Inv1cted

Inv1cted Cupcake-About-Town

I fully support people being able to play anybody type they want (although in my mind your highly trained adventurer would very likely be fit (don't read that as beach ball boobs) especially in SciFi because of magic space medicine).
    Hover the tack of the conversation seems to be dangerously close to veering into stupid tumblr social justice 'over-sexulisation' 'male power fantasy' territory.
  10. CriSPeH

This.
    I was just being a smart ass before not trying to start an actual argument about whether ppl would be celebrities or not.

But I 100% agree that more attention needs to be put into booties!
    That's why it was so fun to play Catwoman in AC.
  11. Teehk

Teehk Cupcake-About-Town

When i look at MMO char models i think to myself all the armor must have a push up bra installed. See now everything makes sense!
  12. eselle8

eselle8 Well-Known Cupcake

It would have to. Otherwise, this would really chafe and might cause problems in extreme weather conditions.

[​IMG]
    Teehk likes this.
  13. Apostate

Apostate Well-Known Cupcake

Personally, the waist throws me off at least as much as the bust does. I find it grotesque.

In any case, add another name to the pile in favor of customization.
  14. Naunet

Naunet Well-Known Cupcake

This is a bit ridiculous. They obviously modeled the breasts deliberately to appeal to a certain audience, which implies they expect people to look at their characters - which isn't an odd expectation, considering it is your character. You are going to spend a lot of time looking at him/her. Saying "why does it matter if you aren't going to look at your character" is disingenuous, because 1) people do care about what their character looks like (obviously, or these threads and others about customization wouldn't be made), and 2) if it truly didn't matter, then why would it matter to you if the breasts were scaled down?

And we're not talking about boob physics (the jiggly stuff - which I can almost guarantee you the animators have spent time on - something annoying in its own right); we're talking about the physical appearance of the characters' chests. They are not right, especially on human and aurin females. They look horrendous. Stylization is one thing, but the chests on these woman have crossed the line into grotesque.
  15. Risetta

Risetta New Cupcake

Those boobies! I must be the only female here who thinks the big boobs are fine. I grew up around many woman with big boobs so those look pretty normal to me. Personally, my character needs to have medium/big boobs and a booty. So even if my character was wearing a robe she'd still look sexy, shape wise.
  16. Inv1cted

Inv1cted Cupcake-About-Town

Tumblr pls, tumblr stahp.

(I'm linking this here for obvious reasons)

17. Sakorath67

Sakorath67 Cupcake

Ive never put too much thought into this. Yes the boobs are a bit unrealistic, but it is a sci fi/fantasy video game after all, so I personally would never expect anything to be too realistic. This argument can be made on both ends though about the physique of characters.

I do appreciate though the passion ladies, and gents too, put into this (what seems to be trivial in terms of the game as a whole) detail. I understand it is really unrealistic, but there are those select women out there blessed with good genetics [size to perk ratio I suppose - not HUGE breasts]. We cannot count that population out, even if it is minimal.

For me personally, I actually enjoy them overdoing some things. No, not because I want to look at some animated breasts, but because I am playing a video game to get away from reality, and so far Carbine seems to be developing for a comedic cartoon type of style (which isn't supposed to be taken seriously) and that is refreshing to me, and I support their style.

The genius of it all, to me: is how silly they are with the boobs on their characters. Why wouldn't you go over the top ?I suppose in the end it is all about creative freedom.
  18. Yakzan

Yakzan "That" Cupcake

<Mod Monocle> Can we please refrain from going into this so-called "Social Justice Whatever" line of discussion? It leads to nothing constructive about the topic at hand and only lead to me having to lock the thread. </Mod Monocle>
  19. Seagrey

http://jezebel.com/5928322/meet-the-man-with-the-160-lb-scrotum

Over-sized equates to good genetics? Not too sure about that. My female friends that are super-sized don't seem to like it much. But I'm not debating that many find it attractive...just asking for a slider so that women can personalize such a visual asset.
  20. Sakorath67

Sakorath67 Cupcake

No I'm not references the size directly by good genetics, but there are women out there that have large (not massive) breasts that remain perky [which is why some are upset, it doesn't seem realistic*]. Its a genetic thing is all - people are different. We cannot simply say that doesn't exist, because then the argument becomes easily one sided.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.