1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

I'd like to take a second to talk about Boobs.

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Imafrakkincylon, May 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Naunet

Naunet Well-Known Cupcake

I have no clue why you're saying "tumblr", but it's got no bearing on the legitimacy of the subject.

Here is how breasts should actually be drawn/modeled. Not torpedoes attached to a lady's collarbone.

@Yakzan: At the risk of getting a warning, you're telling us not to talk about a subject that is fundamental to the topic at hand. You don't see anything wrong with that? >_>
  2. Sakorath67

Sakorath67 Cupcake

Not sure if you are teasing the mod, or playing around.

But yes, there is something wrong with that because a) it is very controversial and b) I highly doubt it is the intention of Carbine to promote any social injustices.

and the How to draw boobs is really all subjective.
  3. Yakzan

Yakzan "That" Cupcake

<Mod Monocle> I will not warn this time, no. The issue at hand is a community appeal towards the handling of the breasts of female characters, to scale back on their size, rework their modeling, and/or give players a 'breast slider' so people can at least reduce them as they please. The issue at hand is not about the ongoing discussion about the presentation of women in video games, aesthetically or otherwise.

I am not dismissing that noble topic but it is a very dangerous and volatile topic, much like religion and politics (Which I believe I did mention before.) However, I see people are trying to use the issue at hand to twist the discussion towards that which I've given a firm "No" about. They are related, yes, but not inherently interwoven. It is very much possible to discuss the thread's topic without bringing up the other discussion.

I do not wish to have to bring this up again or I will honestly lock the thread for veering off-topic once again and ignoring my two previous, and now third, warning. </Mod Monocle>
    Sakorath67 likes this.
  4. Naunet

Human anatomy isn't exactly a subjective thing. There is a wrong way to do it.

Like I said before - there's stylization, and then there's going so far into crazy-land that characters start looking deformed. WildStar's women do actually reach into the latter territory.
    Joukehainen and Galosha like this.
  5. Sakorath67

Sakorath67 Cupcake

The races of WildStar aren't all humans, so even to that extent, the argument is not very strong.

Humanoid yes, but not human.

About the style : In your opinion, yes. I am not saying my opinion is against yours, but other people may like the crazy side.

I do think sliders fix a lot of this issue, but ultimately if the devs want big chested ladies. They will have big chested ladies. It is their creative freedom at work, and if one doesn't agree with it, by all means. Don't give them your money.

I look at it like this. If I am a developer, I can spend time making boob sliders or making more features for the game itself. The choice is ultimately theirs.
  6. Naunet

That's a false choice. The folks working on character creation are not the folks working on other game features.

And don't nit-pick on humanoid vs. human. Characters need believable anatomy. Even the human females (both Exile and Dominion versions) have horrendously misshapen chests. They don't look right. They're more than just big breasts; they're placed in such a wrong way that they look absolutely, uncomfortably alien. And I'm not talking about concept art (which has been used as a defense of female chests in this thread) - I'm talking about the actual, in-game models.
    SniperCT likes this.
  7. GoutTheScout

GoutTheScout New Cupcake

More customization = good thing in my book. Whatever they can, I say put it in the hands of the players and let them decide what they like brest best. :whistling:
  8. Inv1cted

Inv1cted Cupcake-About-Town

Sliders are the answer to this 'problem' (The inverted commas here specifically mean the problem of expecting realism from a cartoon with every part of all the bodies are frankly disfigured (hands, waists, thighs for example) and not anything else that could be associated with the issue).

That way 16 year olds can have their torpedo breasts and everyone else can have them at a level that suits their taste.
    Attacking the devs because you hate their stylistic (or 'disfigured' as certain types of people would refer to it as) and claiming that their stylistic choice in their game is wrong beggars belief.
  9. Sakorath67

Sakorath67 Cupcake

What about the anatomy of a Draken is believable to you?
    Or the Granok for instance. Rock people? Seriously?

I think having a realistic approach to anything in a video game especially WildStar will leave people upset.

*Even if they have a human race.
  10. Vhael

Vhael Cupcake

I only have two things to say concerning this topic.

I hope to see a wide variety of status in this game.

I demand justice.
    Tayle likes this.
  11. GoutTheScout

GoutTheScout New Cupcake

Clearly it seems someone is going to be upset either way this goes. Maybe this thread needed a poll? :D
    Sakorath67 likes this.
  12. Naunet

You honestly think people would be upset if a woman didn't have torpedoes attached to her collarbone as breasts? >_> I highly doubt that. (Note: Female breasts don't actually attach at one's collarbone.)

And you know, adjusting the positioning of the boobs doesn't mean they have to be shrunk (though I'd by and large prefer a slider for size as well).
  13. Sakorath67

Sakorath67 Cupcake

No i said expecting reality in a video game that is sci fi/fantasy will leave people upset.

They could have no boobs, for all I care. Now, if I was expecting the reality I have lived in where females normally have 2 breasts. I would be upset because that seems crazy to think about.

However, I am not expecting reality....
  14. Honour

Honour Cupcake

As do the male characters, last time I checked it wasn't normal for men to have the waist of a small child and shoulders as broad as a gym regular.

If all races and sexes take this same stylised approach I don't believe there's ground to argue that any aspect is too stylised, especially if it fits into the wider game as well as the characters seem to. Take a look at the trees/landscape/creatures alongside the race models and I think you'll agree that female/male anatomy isn't enough to break the overall art direction or suspension of disbelief anymore than the equally impractical proportions of the wildlife or the floating crystals.

However, as I said further back, I'm all for sliders and options for people who do feel that certain proportions are taken to an extreme or would like more choice, but I definitely don't agree that the stylised nature of the graphics go too far.
  15. CriSPeH

CriSPeH Cupcake-About-Town

Just when I thought of something good to say you throw in a link to nipples and now I can't remember anything!
    That is a cruel females trick you:confused:

I would hope they add in a slider or multiple body type options ala GW2 so this discussion will actually have the facts it needs to come to a conclusion.

Otherwise I would say it is about 2-1 for those who would choose big boobs over more realistic ones and I am solely basing this on the fact that for Skyrim there are 2 Body Mods that alter breasts and their physics and the Bigger Booby one has over 4 million downloads and the more Realistic One has around 2 million.

Also open up a comic from the last 30 years and chances are the girls will have "ta-ta's-mega-giganteous!"
    Not saying you shouldn't be upset but really you shouldn't at all be surprised.
  16. Naunet

I'm in no way surprised. I am, however, disappointed and would very much like to see Carbine add in a slider at the very least.
    Joukehainen likes this.
  17. BrokSamson

BrokSamson Cupcake-About-Town

I agree...they should either tone them down a bit...or go full rocket boob! Either make them reasonable, or make them a weapon!
    [​IMG]
    Saza, Haoli, Joukehainen and 2 others like this.
  18. Honour

Honour Cupcake

I'll never look at a female Mechari in the same way again.
  19. azmundai

azmundai Well-Known Cupcake

all games need boob sliders. personally i like em small :ninja:

oh and ...

<boob monocle>

( . ) ( . )

</boob monocle>
  20. GoutTheScout

GoutTheScout New Cupcake

I dunno if full rocket boob is a solution. Then instead of boob sliders it will be "should we be able to go all Kerbal Space Program with our boobs?" Are three stage rocket boobs too unrealistic?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.